Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software IGN thinks Dark Souls is better than Skyrim

Bruticis

I stopped reading at reason #1, multiplayer. Oh hey, look at the ads at the bottom of the page, "How to get her interested in anal sex". Maybe this article isn't so bad after all.

So as an action game, what was this 'Demon Souls' game like? Anyone played it?

It has such a generic name that any mention of it probably slipped my attention completely

Edit: Oh, it's console only. Forget I asked

Peter

Arcane
:incli- Wait. Multiplayer? Dragons? Ok I see IGN is as retarded as usual.

Morkar Left

Multiplayer, from a consolegames developer and ACTION-rpg? Of course it will rip Skyrim to shreds. They are only faithful to their readership (aka I'm sure both companies paid the same amount for ads).

HatTrick

Scholar
Excommunicator said:

It has such a generic name that any mention of it probably slipped my attention completely

Well, I thought it was pretty good. I enjoyed the difiiculty of the combat and-
Oh, well nevermind then.

EDIT: And yes, I know the reasons for it being better than the Rimjob are retarded, but it's the Bethesda fanboy tears that makes this worth it.

blitzblotz

Novice
I've been a PC RPG player since the '70's and I agree with IGN. If it's at all possible, don't miss these. I hate multi-player and the way it's done for these makes it bearable and fun and unintrusive. :smug:

MetalCraze

Arcane
I've been PC gamer since before PCs were called PCs and I don't understand the difference between one shitty console action and another shitty console action

Peter

Arcane
Oh come on Skyway, how is Demon Souls/Dark Souls shitty? :lol: Aren't they good for what they are?

Commander Xbox

Learned
Demons souls was boring as fuck, even if it does have better gameplay than Skyrim. Skyrim will still be the more interesting game

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
MetalCraze said:
I've been PC gamer since before PCs were called PCs and I don't understand the difference between one shitty console action and another shitty console action
Shut up, you understand and like Devil May Cry.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Excommunicator said:

Easily and absolutely the best game on the PS3. Actually, perhaps the best console game this generation (though I'd have to put some more thought into that).

Combat, exploration, level design and above all 'atmosphere' are top notch.

From all accounts, Dark Souls is an order of magnitude better in all aspects so yeah, can't wait. :love:

MetalCraze said:

Yeah, well I'm willing to bet I was playing video games since you were in diapers - so pray tell, what were personal computers' called before they were called personal computers? I remember calling my Vic20 a PC years before IBM released theirs.

As for the second part of your statement - says it all really, you don't understand much of anything from what I can tell. :smug:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I WAS A GAMER BEFORE THERE WAS A FUCKING PC AND YOU DONT KNOW SHIT

FUCKING BRIANLESS PCTARD RUIN GAMING THIS FORUM IS LESS FUCKING INTELLISGENT THAN GAMESPOT AT LEAST THEY KNOW THEY ARE RETARTED HOMOS WITH NO LIFE ARGUING PC VS PLAYSTATION VS XBOX

BROS PCTARDS WOULD FUCKIG PLAY MARIO BROTHERS WITH A MOUSE AND COMPLAIN THAT THE MOUSELOOK IS BROKEN LOLLOLLOL HYOOUR BRIANS ARE ON PERMANENT PCTARD LOCKDOWN

Secretninja

Cipher
Good for ign, and fuck everyone who says dark soul's will suck because its for ps3. Sucks you can't buy a ps3 because you are poor, but haters gonna hate.

Einhander

Novice
Bruticis said:
I stopped reading at reason #1, multiplayer. Oh hey, look at the ads at the bottom of the page, "How to get her interested in anal sex". Maybe this article isn't so bad after all.

I went straight for the ad.Review didnt matter when no pc version

Angthoron

Arcane
A "magazine" I don't read thinks that a game I won't play is better than another game I won't play.

Is that anal sex ad thing any good? Did anyone try what it recommends yet?

ricolikesrice

Arcane
As others already said, Demon Souls "EXTREME DIFFICULTY" is vastly overrated: it simply stands out nowadays with the difficulty of a late 80s/early 90s title ( which are often also vastly overated -) whereas everything else (not just beth/bio stuff but also codex faves like risen or DD2 or twitcher) is really easy in comparision.

if you skill accordingly many bosses become pretty easy but its the same in games like KOTC and pretty much any old RPG ... the difference is that (unless you are using spoilers) it will take you lots of experimentation and maybe even plenty of deaths until you know how to play ..... whereas in most modern titles everything is obvious from the getgo and you only get more overpowered from there.

what i loved most about demon souls was the unique atmosphere and the really interesting locations/exploration aspect - and thats why dark souls is the 2nd game i actually pre-ordered in the last 10 years.

kinda funny/sad that guys who think risen has well-done combat and exploration dismiss demon souls but hey, your loss ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom