Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review IGN rips Gothic 3 a new one

Bradylama

Arcane
I can't wait to run the "Xardas's Shed of Darkness" instance!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Gothic 3 is one of those games that remind me of BL. The things it does well; it does very well. the things it does bad; it does horribly bad. Wayyyyyyyy too many annoyances! Urgholaks!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Dumb question 1: How do you print screens for G3? And, where do they end up? Print screen button on keyboard doesn't seem to do the job.

Dumb question 2: Why does this game have game ending bugs that auto crash? ie. Talking to a ranger/druid leader by Montera auto crashes game no questions asked; don't pass go. FFS

Dumb question 3: Why are joinable npcs in the game when they decide to randomly disseappear for days ata time and their AI is so retarded?

Dumb question 4: Why is one pretty random quest making/breaking an entire city wide quest? I believe in cosnequences in one's actions; but only when logical.

Dumb question 5: Why do I tend to enjoy combat which is 99% a clickfest?

Dumb question 6: Why do creatures walk into walls?

Dumb question 7: Why oh why am I playing a game and having fun with it despite it having literlaly hundreds of problems?

L0LLERAMA!!!

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
I ANSWER QUESTIONS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, LOOK HOW CLEVER I AM

I have no idea, but I did too.

Dumb question 1: How do you print screens for G3? And, where do they end up? Print screen button on keyboard doesn't seem to do the job.

Print Screen should copy the screenshot to the clipboard, I think. Just paste it into paint.

Dumb question 3: Why are joinable npcs in the game when they decide to randomly disseappear for days ata time and their AI is so retarded?

Mine kept dying or spazzing out during arena fights. Think yourself lucky.

Dumb question 6: Why do creatures walk into walls?

lolololololololipop

Dumb question 4: Why is one pretty random quest making/breaking an entire city wide quest? I believe in cosnequences in one's actions; but only when logical.

More informations give.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Volourn said:
Dumb question 7: Why oh why am I playing a game and having fun with it despite it having literlaly hundreds of problems?
Yeah, I'm asking myself those questions, too. In previous Gothics I wondered about your question no.7; no.5 is a novelty. I hope the patch improves the combat.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Mine kept dying or spazzing out during arena fights. Think yourself lucky."

LOL Mine doesn't take part in Arena fights. he just watches. HAHA! And, believe me, disseappearing for days, is one of the smartest thinsg the joinable npc does. I'll have a whole list of things when I make a new Gothic 3 thread. LOL

"More informations give."

In Montera, I've done pretty much every quest I can. However, one quest I refused to do was dealing with the guy who determines where the slaves go (farm or city). He was a smhuck. However, I learne3d later while perusing the G3 forums, that he is the key to getting more rep increasing quests needed to see the orc leader as he opens up more quests. i think that's dumb because refusing to help one idiot - a human scum at that - should make it impossible to further the quest to see the orc chief. Espicially since I'm on pretty good terms with the human mercenary captain as well as every other orc in the city. The only other quest i could complete is turn in the rebel spy which i won't do. However, such an asanine deisgn is just asanine.

It woul;d have been much better if when you steal his salve plans you can mess it up getting him in troubvle or what not or competing the quest in that way. or even the ability to tell him that you change your mind. What a dumbass!It's illogical that that quest is 100% closed and int turn makesit impossible to complete the 'mett the orc leader' quest there. Not 100% biggy since the game still goes on but still fuckin' dumb design.

Dumb question 1: Clipboard? Unless I'm dumb (which I'm sure I am); what clipboard? LOL

Dumb question 2: Why are boars almost as deadly at level 17 as they are at level 3 while you can take on supposedly harder creatures (detemrined by xp and wher eyou first encounter them)?

Dumb question 3: Why cna't you name your saves and why aren't ther emore than one quick save slot?

Dumb question 4: Does G3 have one of the best music soundtracks for a game EVAR!?!

Dumb question 5: Why not answer my last dumb question #2?

Dumb question 6: Isn't it cool when dead creatures (including the PC) spasm after a killing blow?

Dumb question 7: Why weren't the earlier Gothics this fun?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Dumb question 2: Why does this game have game ending bugs that auto crash? ie. Talking to a ranger/druid leader by Montera auto crashes game no questions asked; don't pass go. FFS"

FFS Fuck you Gothic 3! It seems using demo saves corrupts avrious things including the druids. Fuck, fuck, fuck!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
How am I lazy in this case? :?

P.S. I am often lazy no doubt about it; but not in this case I do believe... :idea:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Are you sure? I just bought the full game... Should I start over?"

According tot he G3 boards, yes, and in this instance what is being s aid is believeable as one of the things mentioned are druids with no bodies that if you talk to them auto crashes the game... and, yup, first (and only druid) I've met instantly crashed the game when I tried talking to him and, yup, he had no body.

And, those with this problem claim that by deleting all demo saves and starting over, this problem does not occur. Coincidence? Doesn't seem to be so.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Thanks for your answer. BTW, I had to uninstall the demo because the Polish full version didn't display any text. After I wiped the demo from my hdd the game works very nice, started right from the beginning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom