Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IGN love Fallout long time

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Dark Individual said:
I disagree with 9.6. It should be 9.7.
Shit, might as well just give it a 10, not any different than a 9.7 or 9.6.

Using decimals for review scores is pretty retarded.

Dire Roach

Prophet
9.5 is like saying the game is great, but not among the best of all time. 10 would just make the reviewer look like a total whore. 9.75 would be the most appropriate score, but showing two decimal places would be wrong. By lowering the score to 9.6 however, they can show that their review was conducted with strict and conservative standards in mind. Therefore, 9.6 strikes a perfect balance between praise and criticism.

MisterStone

Arcane
Dire Roach said:
9.5 is like saying the game is great, but not among the best of all time. 10 would just make the reviewer look like a total whore. 9.75 would be the most appropriate score, but showing two decimal places would be wrong. By lowering the score to 9.6 however, they can show that their review was conducted with strict and conservative standards in mind. Therefore, 9.6 strikes a perfect balance between praise and criticism.

Well, the official XBOX magazine has already given it 10 out of 10. Surprise surprise...

Lingwe

Liturgist
Fallout 3 is such an engaging and fantastic experience that it's easy to overlook its few minor flaws, but they do exist and should be mentioned. With any game of this size and scope, you can likely expect a few bugs to slip through the testing process and that is the case here. I had the game crash a couple times, amongst other small bugs. In all of these cases, reloading the game has been enough to fix the errors and nothing was frustrating or detrimental enough to give me thought of not recommending the game.

The larger, and far more recognizable, blemish in Fallout 3 that all versions share is the animations. Everything in the world, from the fantastic landscapes to the oftentimes over-the-top personalities therein, comes together to create a believable and engrossing atmosphere. And then you'll see a person or animal move and be given a reminder that this is just a game. The way people move is stiff and lifeless and is a stark contrast to the rest of the outstanding look and feel of Fallout 3. This is especially noticeable in the third-person view. It's great for seeing the unique armor you find, but your character moves awkwardly and doesn't even look like he's interacting with the world he's standing on.

That's some pretty stinging criticism. Some crashes and stiff animations (which we already knew about). Now we just have to wait until the elderscrolls 5 nears release in 4 years time before we hear about all of the rest of the problems in Fallout 3 which Bethesda will of course "have learned from and fixed" in the elderscrolls 5.

Oh wait, how the hell are Bethesda meant to learn anything from game journalist hacks like you who write a 5 page review and mention only 2 points of criticism in the whole piece. You would of had us believe that Oblivion's levelling system was anything but a piece of shit sutffed in a rubbish bin and then had someone piss on top of.

I can't wait for Vault Dweller's review. He'll be doing NMA's review.

Simbacca

Novice
so far, i find this review the best:

http://www.incgamers.com/Games/1943/rev ... lout-3/765

While reading the review, I was expecting to see a score in the 7.x range just based on the tone. This review actually discuss how poor qualities of the game hamper the enjoyment of playing *gasp*. Still they fail to discuss how it is not Fallout, but at least it discusses how it is NOT the best game EVAR

The next review I look forward to reading is GameBanshee's (since they had one of the most fair reviews of Oblivion I ever read).

Saxon1974

Prophet
These reveiws are just Brutal.

Why don't the masses realize all that reviews are are paid for advertisements?

I only trust the Codex and maybe gamebanshee and 1 or 2 other sites and thats it.

tunguska

Liturgist
Wow. That incgamers review is the first one I have read that seems even *remotely* realistic. Very nice. Going to check out their other reviews as well. I just happen to be going through a 'download every game that has ever been made' phase so I am looking for review sites that are not such whores and actually give a real sense of what the game play is like for someone other than a 12 year old console chimp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom