Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If you could erase your memory and replay 1 game

laclongquan

Arcane
Malkavian on Bloodlines. Fuck everyone else ever said about leaving Malk til 2nd play. Malkvian on 1st play of Bloodlines make for a most memorable experiences.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Lesifoere said:
My choice is also PS:T. I can't replay it anymore, I just know the game too well. Pretty much every area and every major conversation's damn near etched into my memory.
The problem with PST is that it etched itself in my memory from playthrough 1. Even waiting years until the second game didn't help. It's also why it's so firmly the one game I'd want to forget.

Pablosdog

Prophet
Probably P:St, Fallout 1, or Deus ex. Actually...make that system shock 2. God I love that game.

laclongquan said:
Malkavian on Bloodlines. Fuck everyone else ever said about leaving Malk til 2nd play. Malkvian on 1st play of Bloodlines make for a most memorable experiences.
Aye, you get disappointed when replaying with an ordinary character afterwards though, it just seemed so pedestrian in comparison.

I would erase DA:O, Oblivion and Ultima 7. But I would only replay Ultima 7 (Part 1 & 2 as a marathon!)

I kinda feel worse off as a person for actually having experienced Oblivion and DA :( It doesn't help the feelings knowing that I actually paid money for the experiences either. :spew:

Perhaps the only thing that would stop me erasing them is the risk that I might end up trying them again out of curiosity

mornick

Scholar
I'd have to say Ultima 6. PST, FO, FO2, Ultima 7 (pt.1&2), Deus Ex and Gothic (1&2) are all great games with good storylines and/or atmosphere. However, U6 just stands out in my memory as being a truly epic adventure. ...and of course, on the first playthrough I couldn't complete it because I had stolen everything that wasn't bolted down. Awesome game.

If I was just going for nostalgia though, I'd have to say Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2. EoB2 is probably the most sadistic game ever and I still to this day suffer occasional nightmares of the Skeleton room and the Imp level .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom