Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info If Duke Nukem can so apparantly can Lock 'n Load

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tags: Lock 'n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad

Designated vaporware and development hell posterchild Lock 'n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad is defenitely still kicking around. Game looked like a brilliant boardgame conversion years ago and still is looking like a neat take on Avalon Hill's ancient Squad Leader. And to prove it's actually real is here a 20 something minutes preview of the game in action. Yipes!

Absalom

Alright so I understand the reaction of a computer adaptation of Squad Leader, (apparently since it's the Holy Grail to you board games fags) but why the year long development time? How is this going to stand out from Close Combat: Eastern Theater - or whatever it's called. Oh, so it's going to take the CWG II approach to having 200 battles meticulously developed in order to deliver a "truly" grand campaign. Alright, I'll be watching this shit.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Game went into development hell years ago. No idea why. Lots of Matrix products tend to get shelved with little or no notice. It's also something you can find all along the wargaming scene. What is surprising is when they make a return.

200 battles you say? I'd be surprised. Matrix hardly ever adds huge amounts of campaigns and scenarios into their games. That shit usually only happens when an editor is included and the community goes crazy with it. Last I heard this one will have about 20 campaign missions and perhaps a dozen or so scenarios.

Still, I do keep an eye out for it. Preview looks interestingly enough.

Absalom

I'm telling you, sure the American Civil War isn't that interesting to EuroFags, but is nowhere else has a more finely crafted grand strategy game been made. You want repercussions of only winning a minor victory on the first skirmish? 250+ meticulously crafted missions, BITCH. I'm not even that big of a Civil War Fag (my mother is, for example), but a nigga can't help but appreciate a grand campaign like this. CWG II even includes music painstakingly put together by Confederacy fags,, as well as re-enactors videos. (Sure it isn't EXACTLY historical... But these people have dedicated untold amounts of resources to recreate a battle that they LOST). If you want historical accuracy, not to mention grand strategic depth, CWG II is your homie.

kesegy

Novice
Seeing this game mentioned always reminds me of the trashing it received on 3MA.
I honestly felt bad for the dev.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom