Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Idea for making LP's easier to read.

Everybody else want this to be done too?

• Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Someone just mentioned in another thread that now that we have nifty new spoiler tags that don't just turn things into a black blob but actually hide shit from displaying, they could be used to cut down on page length. Personally I'd love to see people do this just as a matter of course while making their LP's, and I'll be doing it myself from now on. I think it will make it way easier to find the latest update and scroll through previous comments and replies and such, and generally easier to follow and talk about the LP.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
It sort of works, but the way spoiler tags are rendered by xenforo makes the text field more narrow. So, if you have a bunch of images which are expressive enough without the need for the reader to click-enlarge them, then using spoiler tags will work against the readability of your post.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I think Cowboy Moment delivered a good counter-argument against the use of the spoiler tags for this purpose.

Random

Arcane
Patron
I'll try implementing it and seeing how it works. I'll give my opinion once I finish my next update.

I don't know...it's fine the way it is for me.
Same here, I've had no problem either making or reading LP...the only change I would ask for is to reduce the ammount of post per page, 25 is too much.

This, this so much. Have we tried making a thread about it in the feedback forum?

Apparently the new forum software seems to be incapable of having more than one setting for posts-per-page, so any change would have to be applied across the entire Codex. I guess we're waiting on mods or an update of some sort.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Having taken the chance to use spoiler tags, I must say that they really unclutter a page quite well. I don't think that spoiler tags should be a universal practice, but those who can use them and don't have any problems with them probably should use them to keep the page length down.

Random

Arcane
Patron
I don't know...it's fine the way it is for me.
Same here, I've had no problem either making or reading LP...the only change I would ask for is to reduce the ammount of post per page, 25 is too much.

This, this so much. Have we tried making a thread about it in the feedback forum?

Apparently the new forum software seems to be incapable of having more than one setting for posts-per-page, so any change would have to be applied across the entire Codex. I guess we're waiting on mods or an update of some sort.

Damn. Oh well. It's not that big of a deal, and DU and co. have plenty of other pressing matters to deal with. Hopefully they get to the point that they can deal with it eventually.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Nothing stops you from having multiple spoiler tags (types) or modifying the installed spoiler tag mod.

Nothing 'cept DU, that is.

spekkio

Arcane
K, am gonna implement this in all my future LPs.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom