Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed I want to be an Urist - A community Dwarf Fortress LP

Omicron

Scholar
I believe you can assign an area as a 'dump' and than select the boulder (I think with v) to order it dumped.

Krash

Arcane
That bitch...

BTW, newb question, but how do you move a single boulder? I'm trying to figure this game out and I cleared out a space and wanted to build a stairwell, but there's a boulder on top and they won't build apparently. So... I know about making stockpiles, but can't I tell someone to move this one stupid thing?

What's probably happening is that the boulder is claimed for something else (likely a construction). Dwarfs don't move things that are claimed for other tasks.

If you want to dump something you do like this:

Make an activity zone (i), press enter once to spread it out as you wish then press enter again to finish. Assign it as a garbage dump from the (i) menu by pressing (g). Then you can designate stones (or p much anything else) for dumping by using d-b-d. You can designate several at once which is nice. Keep in mind everything that gets dumped is automatically forbidden, so you have to unforbid it if you want to use it (d-b-c). I like to build garbage dumps partially overlapping magma, since dwarfs will dump their crap into it then.

Some things can be assigned to be dumped automatically from the (o)rder menu, then (r)efuse submenu.

Bonus: ponder that I gave all those instructions without starting the game or checking the wiki (which is awesome btw).

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
I wish you could make thrones out of sculls. That would be neat.
300px-Khorne_himself.jpg

:bro: for the :bro: god!

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Just thought I would post an awesome adventure mode succession game from the Bay12 forums:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104399.0
The object is to find some interesting item and bring it back to a museum designed by the OP. I joined the Bay12 forum just so I could take a turn.

NOTE: I think there are some other Elric fans out there using who use the name "JagreenLern" on other forums, but the avatar I use on the Bay12 forum should be proof that it's the Jagreen you all know and love :smug:.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Muty, where you at?
I was just going to post an update, but I got news I'll have to travel this weekend and I won't be available for a few days. I don't think I'll be able to complete my turn this way. Can someone else pick it up and I'll take the next turn?

Krash

Arcane
So we p. much have three choices then: wait for you, let Hellraiser have his turn, or someone else could take over. What's the Codex Consensus?

Hellraiser

Arcane
I don't think we would be able to build one anyway. The issue here is power. Unless there is an underground river nearby our only power source would be a windmill farm, on the surface, with prisoners of ice running around. And even without the servants of the old ones running around then we would need a ton of wood for axles and the windmills. Sure there is fungiwood nearby, but we need a ton of the stuff.

Radech

Augur
I don't think we would be able to build one anyway. The issue here is power. Unless there is an underground river nearby our only power source would be a windmill farm, on the surface, with prisoners of ice running around. And even without the servants of the old ones running around then we would need a ton of wood for axles and the windmills. Sure there is fungiwood nearby, but we need a ton of the stuff.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Water_wheel#Perpetual_motion

Hellraiser

Arcane

That shit is elven popamole. Real dorfs do not break the laws of physics, such a thing could be considered magic which is elven as fuck.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

That shit is elven popamole. Real dorfs do not break the laws of physics, such a thing could be considered magic which is elven as fuck.

For a brief moment, images flashed through my mind of a game called "Elf Fagtress", in which you had to make your puny, scrawny emo treehuggers survive in a manly world through breaking the laws of physics with faggy-fey magicks until you've eventually generated enough paradox that reality shatters and your entire tree village is absorbed into the evermurk.

It was mildly interesting.

Cassidy

Arcane
For a brief moment, images flashed through my mind of a game called "Elf Fagtress", in which you had to make your puny, scrawny emo treehuggers survive in a manly world through breaking the laws of physics with faggy-fey magicks until you've eventually generated enough paradox that reality shatters and your entire tree village is absorbed into the evermurk.

The new cancer that is killing the Internets have modded that already. It's called "My Little Fortress" and is a magnet for assburgers, Konjads, mentally deranged manchildren and yiffster hipsters along others the Internet Hate Machine must have no mercy towards. In short, a mod that gathers the worst parts of the DF community around it for obvious reasons.

Krash

Arcane
The new cancer that is killing the Internets have modded that already. It's called "My Little Fortress" and is a magnet for assburgers, Konjads, mentally deranged manchildren and yiffster hipsters along others the Internet Hate Machine must have no mercy towards. In short, a mod that gathers the worst parts of the DF community around it for obvious reasons.

I assume you mean the MLP mod?

One convenient aspect of having every deviant in the same place is that it simplifies the logistics of extermination. Just sayin'.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
One convenient aspect of having every deviant in the same place is that it simplifies the logistics of extermination. Just sayin'.

My secret plans! Why do you reveal them to the masses?

But yeah MLP must be banned with international treaty, along with all the other furry faggotry...

Phelot

Arcane
Uh... in an effort to show my support, I got another question.

Alright, I've got a standard down stairs that leads to an up/down stairs, so I designated on the next level below that, another up/down stairs, but nobody seemed to budge to do the work. Even more unsettling, in a moment of retardation, I designated a down stairs over the second level up/down stairs. The dwarf built it... and now they're trapped in the second level.

I can't designate a up/down on the new down stairs and I can't designate that it be deconstructed. So... is this some kind of a bug? I noticed that the newb wiki mentions a bug that sort of sounds like this?

In any case, the dwarves trapped in the second level say their path is blocked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom