Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I want to be a Multiplayer Dragon: Bioware goes full retard.

Captain Shrek

kotaku.com/5863668/surprise-dragon-age-getting-multiplayer

Bioware is going multiplayer on yo ass with DA3. And you can now play as a dragon breathing fire.

How much of this is truth? Let time decide.

Stabwound

Arcane
looooool

Will it even be an RPG? Multiplayer arena battles featuring flying dragons sure makes it sound like an action game.

I predict that 5 years from now Bioware will be making action games only. Maybe they will even drop the pretense of developing "roleplaying games." At least have the fucking decency to do that, please.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
They are more rpg than the GB games were. R00fles!

I don't think DA/ME need MP. They've done withotu it. That said, whya re people so shocked and disturbed? BIo has been doing MP since their incption. FFS

baronjohn

Cipher
Bioware went full retard with Jade Empire and it's only been a downward spiral since then.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Bioware went full retard with Jade Empire and it's only been a downward spiral since then."

1. je IS AWESOME.

'2. It was fully SP. R00fles!

3. JE > KOTOR + BG

"Volourn, STFU."

wHY SO BUTTHURT, CHUM?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
What I find hilarious is that all the people who supposedly 'wrote off' BIO after the 'shitty' DA2 claiming they would never buy another BIO game are butthurt over this rumour. Well.. if you weren't gonna buy DA3 anyways WTF are you so butthurt over it?

Tools.

That's because as we all knbow the biggest whiners are the mostb brianwashed of all and will buy anything because they simply can't control themselves.

Morans.

Captain Shrek

Volourn said:
What I find hilarious is that all the people who supposedly 'wrote off' BIO after the 'shitty' DA2 claiming they would never buy another BIO game are butthurt over this rumour. Well.. if you weren't gonna buy DA3 anyways WTF are you so butthurt over it?

Tools.

That's because as we all knbow the biggest whiners are the mostb brianwashed of all and will buy anything because they simply can't control themselves.

Morans.

According to this device the source of butthurt seems to be right behind you.

hoopy

Savant
The MP in BG was completely inconsequential and nobody played it. Lots of people probably didn't even know it had MP.

NWN was all about MP, and the shitty SP campaign was basically just a demonstration of the toolset.

They're now adding MP into their games because they -- or more likely, their EA overlords -- think it'll make them more popular. All the cool games have MP. Call of Duty has MP. We need that shit too, even if it'll suck and take away development time from SP.

MMXI

Arcane
hoopy said:
The MP in BG was completely inconsequential and nobody played it. Lots of people probably didn't even know it had MP.
No. Multi-player Baldur's Gate is the only way to play.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Stabwound said:
Will it even be an RPG? Multiplayer arena battles featuring flying dragons sure makes it sound like an action game.

2011_11_30_205319_1024x768_scrot.png

Sounds about right.

Stabwound

Arcane
Volourn said:

Tools.

Morans.

Because of the decline and the lost potential. I followed Dragon Age for a long time when it was being developed and thought it really would be a successor to Baldurs Gate. I got bored of DA after a while, but I got some enjoyment out of it. It felt like a dumbed down Baldurs Gate, but there was some fun there and it seemed like the series had potential. DA2 shat all over that potential, and no, I did not buy it or pirate it. I played the demo and that was quite enough for me.

If DA3 is a full-retard action game then that is completely lost potential.

It's perfectly reasonable to be butthurt over a game that you have no interest in playing. It would be like being upset that a future Star Wars movie is absolute shit, even though you wrote the series off after the prequels. Of course you expected it to be dogshit, but it could have been good, potentially.

Kaol

Educated
I actually think it's a good sign when an rpg has a multiplayer mode as it forces the developers to make an interface where you can play properly in real time.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
But guys Bioware have been doing MP for ages, ever heard of BG and NWN? You are obviously just the new guys that think ME and DA:O were the first Bioware games!!
:roll:

I don't know why I have to read the comments when I get linked to one of those shit gaming sites, I never come out of it feeling well.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kaol said:
I actually think it's a good sign when an rpg has a multiplayer mode as it forces the developers to make an interface where you can play properly in real time.

There's some truth to this. Multiplayer can provide a certain defense against awkward, consolized interfaces.

Or it just simplifies the hell out of them. :decline:

Renegen

Arcane
Ah, BG multiplayer. Fun times. I dont think I ever got a group going beyond the first hour, it also either to hard to assemble one or it would disconnect all the time.

Multi-headed Cow

Hopefully they'll never make DA3 because hopefully KotORMORMORMORmMOMRomOMROMROMO will be a big flop and drive Bioware, EA, and Canada into the sea.

Turjan

Arcane
Renegen said:
Ah, BG multiplayer. Fun times. I dont think I ever got a group going beyond the first hour, it also either to hard to assemble one or it would disconnect all the time.
Yup. BG multiplayer was extremely shaky and disconnected regularly, at least for me, so I gave up on it. Icewind Dale worked much better. And NWN, of course.

Some reactions in this thread are really amusing. I always thought that Bioware got rid of multiplayer because it got in the way of the interactive movie experience that is normally despised on this board.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Turjan said:
Renegen said:
Yup. BG multiplayer was extremely shaky and disconnected regularly, at least for me, so I gave up on it. Icewind Dale worked much better. And NWN, of course.

Some reactions in this thread are really amusing. I always thought that Bioware got rid of multiplayer because it got in the way of the interactive movie experience that is normally despised on this board.

BG (2) worked perfectly for my party. Bigger issue was actually finding the time to play. Hell-ish to co-ordinate 4+ people for a 30 hour campaign...

racofer

Thread Incliner
Re: I want to be a Multiplayer Dragon: Bioware goes full ret

Captain Shrek said:
Bioware is going multiplayer on yo ass with DA3. And you can now play as a dragon breathing fire.

MEMAUEAHUAHEAUEAHUEUAHUEAEHAUEAHU

Captain Shrek

Multi-headed Cow said:
Hopefully they'll never make DA3 because hopefully KotORMORMORMORmMOMRomOMROMROMO will be a big flop and drive Bioware, EA, and Canada into the sea.

Amen to that my Cow. Amen to that.

Stabwound

Arcane
Rivmusique said:
But guys Bioware have been doing MP for ages, ever heard of BG and NWN? You are obviously just the new guys that think ME and DA:O were the first Bioware games!!
:roll:

I don't know why I have to read the comments when I get linked to one of those shit gaming sites, I never come out of it feeling well.
Baldur's Gate had competitive action PVP with flying dragons? Awesome, I must try to find this amazing version of the game.

Cynic

Arcane
Codex, do you realize the implications of this? Do you understand that this means that the "I want to be a dragon" meme has actually come full circle. THINK ABOUT IT!

Or...is this story just some grand codexian reverse trolling attempt?

The horror...the horror...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom