Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I want a good multiplayer third person shooter.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Try Mass Efffect 3. Although Andromeda might (?) have more players now - no idea honestly.

Trotsky

Arcane

Does this happen a lot in Battlefront? Your blaster fire not hitting what you see in the reticle? Maybe they could have remedied this by making the default camera not so zoomed in and on the far side of your character all the time. When he presses the aim button to zoom in third person view in the video there, I get bad Evil Within recollections. Looks like they improved the camera in the sequel.

I got the impression two years ago that the new Battlefront is a lot like the new Battlefields, which I'm not a fan of. I watched my brother play the beta for a few minutes and didn't even feel like copying the installation to my computer. I don't know if it's because I've changed my mind or because the sequel is improved, but that twenty minute video you posted does look kind of interesting. Some games are more fun to look at than play, though.

I'll put it this way if you're a Star Wars fan you'll be able to overlook certain flaws. The first Battlefront was good but the sequel definitely looks amazing. Everything has been improved and reworked from the upgrade system to the addition of unique character classes like officers. The heroes have also been nerfed now to favor teamwork. These videos do a better job at showing the action.

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
Believe it or not, Gears of War multiplayer is quite spastic but does have a high skill level and needs high twitch skills

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Does this happen a lot in Battlefront? Your blaster fire not hitting what you see in the reticle?

Guns miss by design. It is a way to take out player skill and allow n00bs to succeed if the RNG god happens to smile on them.

Welcome to modern shooters.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Does this happen a lot in Battlefront? Your blaster fire not hitting what you see in the reticle?

Guns miss by design. It is a way to take out player skill and allow n00bs to succeed if the RNG god happens to smile on them.

Welcome to modern shooters.
No. I know what you're talking about, but that's not what I meant. I've seen this in a lot of third person shooters, now that I think about it. The bullet hitting an object between you and the enemy. It sometimes even happens in Max Payne 3.

The thing you're talking about, randomized accuracy, is something I'm typically not a fan of. It's one of the reasons I like Max Payne 3 so much. Accuracy is pretty good even without zooming in (holding the right mouse button). I'm impressed with the sniper rifles, because those are the weapons developers gimp the most (when not using the scope). There's no dot when using a rifle, but I've still frequently found myself able to one shot enemies at a distance. In a match with a kill ratio of 21:6, I was able to kill 11 of them without my scope, using a bolt-action rifle (M24). Didn't matter if I was shoot dodging or running around. Didn't matter if the enemies were fifteen meters away. Most players don't realize that the sniper rifles are that accurate, so they mainly rely on the scope. I love that stuff. In fact, I wish every shooter kept the dot there when not using the scope (unless there's no dot to begin with).

Last edited:

Educated
The most fun I had with a multiplayer TPS game was with Gunz I think. That was about ten years ago and I don't know how the game is now but I recommend checking it out, I had shitload of fun playing that game with friends

Ezekiel

Arcane
I think I'm not gonna uninstall MGSV again. MGO3 is surprisingly decent. I'm actually doing well, at last.

The Battlefront 2 beta was super lame. Third person felt bad.

Edit: Wait a minute... I've always done well. Just noticed I have 1284 kills and 730 deaths, and I've won 80 of 135 matches. Not sure why I got so dissatisfied with it that I deleted it.

Edit: Ugh, stealth camo still pisses me off. One of the dumbest things you could put in a multiplayer game.

Edit: Now I remember... I delete this because of the fulton system. It's still fucking shit. It punishes skill and discourages going solo. If you go solo, you risk being captured and winning the other team two to ten points. People are encouraged to camp and stay together as much as possible. DUMB.

Last edited:

Aothan

Magister
Paladins has just implemented third person views in the latest patch, the game is free and in my view better than Overwatch in a number of ways however the game's state of balance has been distorted in so many ways in recent months

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom