Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I thought BIS fixed all the ArmA 2 bugs?

baronjohn

Cipher
How is ArmA not popamole? That's literally what you do, you crouch behind cover and pop moles at a distance. There's no skill whatsoever involved, not in movement, not in tactics, not in area or item control. It's a FPS without any of the things that make a FPS a FPS.

Sure, you have to "know" the game and the map, but there's no active cranial involvement and success largely depends on luck

Btw, skyway, how do you reconcile the fact that ArmA is shittier than OFP 1 in every way except graphics?

MetalCraze

Arcane
How is ArmA not popamole? That's literally what you do, you crouch behind cover and pop moles at a distance.

Have you actually played the game? I want to see you stay in one place and not get killed. Because even AI moves around constantly.

There's no skill whatsoever involved, not in movement, not in tactics, not in area or item control.

Which skill do you mean? The counter-strike "skillz" of twitching space bar and shooting in the head?
In ArmA2 you at least need to know how to shoot properly due to a bullet drop and wind deflection which is different for different types of weapons and ammunition.

Tactics? You use a lot of them. Because you can't just go and kill everyone like you do in arcade shooters.

It's a FPS without any of the things that make a FPS a FPS.

Like health regen, bot respawn from the same point which just jump behind the armored wooden box and just stay there while you kill them?

Yes it is. That's what makes it good.

Sure, you have to "know" the game and the map, but there's no active cranial involvement and success largely depends on luck

Ah... I understand your problem with it now. You are one of those "AI sees me through bushes!" dudes that got shot in the back because they didn't have it covered.
You get your ass handed to you.

Me and dudes I play with must be incredibly lucky. Staying alive for 3 hours and all.

Btw, skyway, how do you reconcile the fact that ArmA is shittier than OFP 1 in every way except graphics?
It has a worse campaign yep. Everything else is superior.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THE GRAPHICS ARE GREAT FUCK THE GAMEPLAY

THIS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF CONSOLE GAMES WHERE THEY CONCENTRATE ON GRAPHICS AND THE GRAPHICS ARE SHIT AND SHIT GAMEPLAY TOO BAD THE CONCENTRATED ON AWESOME GRAPHICS

BROS FUCK SHIT CONSOLE GRAPHICS PCS HAVE MUCH BETTER GRAPHICS

LLOLOOLOL BROS I AM FRIUDRUNK AS SHIT AND MY ARGUMENT IS BARELY CHOHERENT AND YET IT ENDSS UP THE SAME AS SKYWAYS

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Trash said:
It has a worse campaign yep. Everything else is superior.
Translation: It's a shit game with pretty graphics. Did I mention that the graphics are pretty?
Now you're just being facetious. He clearly meant the multiplayer. Same reason why I can claim that Battlefield 1942's campaign sucked donkey balls, but everything else was superior; in other words, the game was tons of fun to play in multiplayer.

(in before "stop sucking skyway's cock")

MetalCraze

Arcane
Blobert, the trait of PC gaming is that it can concentrate both on graphics and on gameplay simultaneously because nothing limits developers.

I understand your pain though. On consoles you can have none of that.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO MY PAIN IS YOUR PAIN YOU PLAY MORE CONSOLE SHIT THAN I DO LOLOLOLOL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom