Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I thought BIS fixed all the ArmA 2 bugs?

baronjohn

Cipher
I randomly checked my spam folder and noticed an update from the ArmA 2 bugtracker. Turns out a bug report from 2 years ago is still open (this is a miracle, since BIS has a tendency to just "request more info" and then close the report after a week).

Anyway, the bug is.......

M1A2 loader can't turn in

Yep, that's right. The mother. fucking. loader. can't. turn. into. the. tank. He's always exposed, looking out of his hatch like a retard. Ready to be sniped by any of the aimbot AI from a mile away with an AKM

What the fuck?? This isn't even something you'd expect to find in an alpha version of a game. And this is a game after two years of "excellent developer support"???????????

It's really not hard to understand why Codemasters dropped BIS and no respectable developer has touched them since.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Why would he need to turn in when he mounts the gun and has no other function?

If you need to LARP a loader being turned in being important (which will make him do nothing) install ACE mod.

Try harder next time.

baronjohn

Cipher
Why? Why? How about so he doesn't get killed by small-arms fire? YOU KNOW, THAT BEING ONE OF THE ADVANTAGES OF A TANK AND SUCH...!!!!!!!!

MetalCraze

Arcane
What's so apologetic about it?
Crying that you can't have a useless dude in a tank makes you sound retarded.

GarfunkeL said:
You don't need a loader for the main-gun to be reloaded?

Gunner can reload it as well IRL. Loader is used for comfort.

Put a loader in the tank in AA2 and he will reload it. Remove him - a gunner will reload it. Same shit except you just have 4 dudes.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Trash said:
Like seeing a Bethsoft fanboy defend horse armor dlc. Give it up already. It's a shitty bug. Nothing else.

Let's see. A dude is manning a gun and uses it to shoot enemies. What's so buggy about it?

You seem to be very butthurt about ArmA2. Why?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
He can't turn into the tank while he is supposed to be able to, retardo boy. That constitutes a bug.
emot-eng101.gif

You seem to act like a blind Biowhore fanboy when it comes to ARMA II. What's wrong Skyway?

User was nabbed fit

So wait, if the vehicle comes under fire, but for some reason you can't fire back (at all, or ineffectively), your only choice is to stay exposed at the gun or get out of the vehicle? You can't turn in for the very reason turning in would be useful for? Cover?

:lol:

MetalCraze

Arcane
If I was a blind fanboy I would be calling you a retard without having a discussion not the other way around.

It seems that the guys who go "lololo you are dumb" are adequate while the guys who post arguments are fanboys on the next gen Codex.

Bug is when it doesn't work like it was intended to be.

When it doesn't work along with a common sense it's a dev fuck up or a "feature".

But really Trashy, I want you to answer me in that other thread. I'm sure you can school a fanboy like me.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
MetalCraze said:
Don't put him in a tank?

You know it will be exactly the same as him being turned in.

But that's not realistic dude and you always say that Arma II is so realistic. A western tank has 4(four) places, one of them is the loader. Even as far back as OFP western tanks have had 3(three) crewmen which is totally unrealistic.

IRL a gunner would not load the gun as he's a fucking gunner. In a pinch the commander would do it. This is another example of the unrealistic nature of Arma II.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS TOTALLY NOT COOL

FIRST RULE IN BEING A VIDEO GAME SNOB IS THAT GAMES MOST PEOPLE DONT LIKE ARE AWESOME ARMA CAN BE A BIG PILE OF STEAMING SHIT DOESNT FUCKING MATTER AWESOME GAME

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Well, the game should have the loader load and if he's dead then commander - who would have to remain inside to do it, so his ability to oversee the tank would be significantly lessened. Which is why the .50cal isn't constantly used. Have an NPC do it in multiplayer so no player can even get into that position and allow commander to turn-out and use the M2HB. Is it M2HB in M1A2 still?

Multi-headed Cow

I want to be the loader. All I do is press the R key when prompted and stare at the inside of a tank the whole game.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO ARMA2 JUS HAS AN AWESOME BUTTOM YOU RELOAD THE TANK AND STRIP OFF YOUR SHIRT AND ATTACK THE WORLD WITH A HAND HELD BELT FED MACHINE GUN

ITS LIKE HALO BUT PRETENTIOUS PEOPLE LIKE IT

MetalCraze

Arcane
Destroid said:
Do you need three guys to operate a tank in multiplayer?

You need a driver and a gunner at least. Of course that isn't as effective as having a commander that has a better view on the surrounding world (and a turret mounted machine gun) thus increasing tank's survivability and seeking targets while gunner is busy fighting etc.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Nah. The problem is different here.

Remember when I said that console gamers hate games with a passion in another thread?

Here's the example of that.

Pretentious Codex consoletards just whine constantly about the decline of PC gaming and when a proper PC game comes out that has a gameplay much more complex than that of their favourite amoeba CoD or Bad Company 2 - it's suddenly shit.

So here you go, here's a game that has no dumbing down, no handholding, no health regen or popamole cover, it's infantry based but has vehicles because a battlefield isn't complete without them which modelled much better in gameplay terms than the competition, it has a great AI that beats any other AI in an open world game. And it has a few minor bugs.

So why the fuck do you whine?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom