Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline I suck at HoMM 3!

exe

Augur
So, when they said the heroes take their lvls, stats, skills and spells to the next campaign, they just lied? It's the Angelic Alliance campaign, after the hilarious Sandro's Infinite Lich-train to Deyja. They only keep their level, they only get the stats they naturally got through level-up(no boosters), they lose all spells and get picked random skills :( Is that supposed to be like that, because thats total bullshit?
Anyway, that Sandro campaign was the funniest thing ever. Once you get Expert Necromancy, the game just breaks. Hire another hero at start, put all units on sandro (except zombies), then send him off and he'll never need reinforcement, except maybe a couple elder vampires/ghost dragons so you get first round. Then watch your lich count snowball hilarously. In the last mission I cleaned up the whole map and ended with 1500+ liches at week 6 day 6 :D You get 6 liches a week with castle, just to put that in perspective :D

Grinolf

Arcane
Yes. Sandro missions with Cloak of the Undead King are funniest thing in all Heroes. Even using Armageddon's blade wasn't even remotely close to it. Suprisingly, create such artifact shouldn't be that hard in the custom game. Two from three of its part I remember regulary meet in my games. But I don't like use necromant, so I didn't look for it specially.
Compared to it, chances to get Angelic Alliance, Power of the Dragon Father or Titan's Thunder should be very low outside of maps, were they meant to be created.

Bilgefar

Savant
So, when they said the heroes take their lvls, stats, skills and spells to the next campaign, they just lied? It's the Angelic Alliance campaign, after the hilarious Sandro's Infinite Lich-train to Deyja. They only keep their level, they only get the stats they naturally got through level-up(no boosters), they lose all spells and get picked random skills :( Is that supposed to be like that, because thats total bullshit?

Yeah that's just a dirty lie. The only thing you can do is reload the start of each scenario, since it will pick different random skills. That way at least you won't be stuck with Learning or Eagle Eye.

Endemic

Arcane
Unfortunately in SoD, the game doesn't save the individual heroes' stats for the next campaign (Unholy Alliance) in the storyline. Perhaps it was an oversight on NWC's part.

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
For HoMM 3, think people should just turn their attention to user-made maps. I've recently replayed every NWC campaign, including Heroes Chronicles (were they lazy there or what?), and I didn't have even a fraction of fun which I now have playing "Unleashing the Bloodthirsty" map. Immense huge map, with lots of challenging fights. Same author also made "Vengeance is Mine", another xl gem.

Don't remember many user made campaigns though, but I do remember a great one. Eternal Love was the name iirc, with 8 maps with multiple "main" heroes. Nice use of Eagle Eye skill in first map as well.

Black

Arcane
Sandro is the bestest hero in HoMM series by far.

r7on6Pk.png

6KNxEMl.png

^Sandro just won against a pack of gremlins.

Fuck HoMM 5 for killing him off off-screen!

Black

Arcane
No, he's still in 4 AFAIK. But with 4's dumb dumb hero system, he's no different than any other necro hero.

exe

Augur
No, he's still in 4 AFAIK. But with 4's dumb dumb hero system, he's no different than any other necro hero.
Well, tbh in 3 he is just another necro hero too, with shitty sorcery specialization. It's just the artifact thats great. Pity they didn't give him Necromancy special, because that campaign is broken anyway :D
That first picture must be from 4, because he can't actually raise skeletons :P

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

What the fuck do you mean by dumb hero system? HoMM4 has the best hero system of the entire series. Heroes dont start different, true, but they have huge customization possibilities.

Black

Arcane

What the fuck do you mean by dumb hero system? HoMM4 has the best hero system of the entire series. Heroes dont start different, true, but they have huge customization possibilities.
Well why the fuck do you ask if you know the answer, fucking polllack scum.

Grinolf

Arcane
What the point in game called Heroes have a different heroes, that isn't different at all?
Also there are much more customization in HoMM5, because it combine both HoMM3 and HoMM4 heroes systems and also add unique skills for each class of Heroes (compared to only Necromansy in HoMM3) and perks, that avaiable not only because of one skill (like in HoMM4), but also on combination of perks, including perks from other skills and class perks.
So I fail to see, how anyone could claim HoMM heroes the best because of their "huge customization", which wasn't that huge after all.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And they were actual real units on the battlefields not some 2D sprites on the edge immortal and invulnerable for some reason. Fighters fought on the frontlines instead of hiding behind the troops. They were HEROES as the name implies.

Grinolf

Arcane
So HoMM4 has the best heroes system because of it customization. But since HoMM4 customization are nothing to speak about compared to HoMM5, HoMM4 is best because heroes are actual units? I honestly don't follow the discussion.

Also, commanders who fought on the frotlines are usually called idiots and not heroes.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So HoMM4 has the best heroes system because of it customization. But since HoMM4 customization are nothing to speak about compared to HoMM5, HoMM4 is best because heroes are actual units? I honestly don't follow the discussion.

Also, commanders who fought on the frotlines are usually called idiots and not heroes.

Fighting on the battlefield is a part of customization believe it or not. Well you dont have to take my word for it, try surviving a battle with a hero without any hp or armor.

Anyway it seems you love the game called Commanders or Might and Magic. Cool. I prefer heroes. Need help with understanding a difference between a hero and a commander?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I vaguely remember the hero combat in IV boiling down to drinking the immortality potions or sth like that or dying all the time. Well, you did die, just got resurrected thanks to the potion. After grinding the exp the combat heroes could take on dragon armies on their own which was equally moronic.

I never understood anyone defending IV. Horrible rape on this great series. I mean, even Russians were more gentle when taking their turns on it, so that really tells you something.

Grinolf

Arcane
Fighting on the battlefield is a part of customization believe it or not. Well you dont have to take my word for it, try surviving a battle with a hero without any hp or armor.

Anyway it seems you love the game called Commanders or Might and Magic. Cool. I prefer heroes. Need help with understanding a difference between a hero and a commander?

I wouldn't call ability to fight on battlefield as "customization". But you could build your character to be good at surviving the battle or even fighting the enemies, which could be called as that. Still it pales in compasion to that.

And suprisingly I don't have any strong opinion about heroes participating in battles. That part of HoMM4 gameplay was considered as big thing both by haters and by defenders of the game, when it came out. And continued be so years after. But in my point of view even if HoMM4 had a huge problems, heroes presented as units wasn't the reason it turned out as shit.
I only commented on your "best character system" and "huge customization possibilities" statement, that I considered as bullshit. And the fact, that something considered as heroic in stories and games turns out to be pretty moronic in real life.

I never understood anyone defending IV. Horrible rape on this great series. I mean, even Russians were more gentle when taking their turns on it, so that really tells you something.

Except it should tell anyone nothing, since HoMM5 with two expansions is a good HoMM game. And the main promlems with it like very bland new lore, were Ubisoft responsibility. But of course some poles just can't say a word on internet without demonstrating a butthurt over former glory, that ceased to exist long ago.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Except it should tell anyone nothing, since HoMM5 with two expansions is a good HoMM game.
I have a feeling you're grossly overrating it, but yeah, TotE was OK (vanilla V sucked, though admittedly not as bad as IV) and I didn't imply otherwise and I thought that much was obvious for any non-retarded pers...
And the main promlems with it like very bland new lore, were Ubisoft responsibility. But of course some poles just can't say a word on internet without demonstrating a butthurt over former glory, that ceased to exist long ago.
...oh, ok.

Grinolf

Arcane
TotE was OK and I didn't imply otherwise and I thought that much was obvious for any non-retarded pers...

...oh, ok.
No. You wrote this:
Which means that, by your words, Nival still raped Heroes series with their HoMM5, only not so much as NWC with HoMM4. And even more, you wrote that Nival couldn't possibly not rape it because of their nationality. So your problem wouldn't be more obvious even if you wrote: "I am pole with butthurt" in your signature.

So there are two variants:
1. You moron, who couldn't even understand the meaning of what he wrote.
2. You simply tried to sound "edgy", but after some time understand how retarded your "edgy" looks like. So now you try to pull back, saying that you was "misunderstood". But also in the very retarded way, since you say that "misunderstanding" was your opponent fault, that only result in provoking him further, not calming down.

Also I wouldn't call vanilla HoMM bad. New setting was banal and story was abomination. But game mechanic was actually successful at taking good HoMM4 ideas and making them work in same time not forgetting about HoMM3 heritage. It only needed two more expansions to develop into complete state.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
HoMM4 was obviously unfinished and didnt have as much content as other games (one look at unit rooster shows that) but I still enjoyed it and that was mainly due to heroes actually fighting on the battlefields and doing heroic stuff.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Some things I didn't like about HoMM4: the caravan feature seemed a bit cheap to ferry troops without being able to intercept them; reducing characters to 4 tiers; since the hero was a battlefield unit, you had to wait his turn to cast a spell; being able to move creatures without a hero; the operatic castle music. I did like the skill system and the ability to create hybrid hero classes.

elvana

Barely Literate
I play HoMM III on Android. Kind of a new challenge with all this taps and slides on a tuchscreen but still damn amazing!
I really recommend it, Heroes 3 Runner on Google Play.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I play HoMM III on Android. Kind of a new challenge with all this taps and slides on a tuchscreen but still damn amazing!
I really recommend it, Heroes 3 Runner on Google Play.
Fuck you spam bot, you just killed weeks of my productivity.

Cadmus

Arcane
Yeah, I read this thread yesterday while it was still buried and already finished one map =/ And now it pops up on the first page ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom