Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I played ME2 8 times and i kinda enjoy it still.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Freelance Henchman said:
I'm kinda weird with games. :D I guess the game was "compelling enough" in story and gameplay that I could stomach it that often. I just find it relaxing to play (in the literal "turn your brain off" way) even though or perhaps because I know the areas by heart now. I just cheat myself unlimited money and resources though so I can completely ignore the minigames unless they give an upgrade or something.

Hey, I hear you, it's' just that I usually replay games after I've forgotten enough about them to make them seem fresh. As much as I wanted to replay TWitcher as son as I finished it, I decided to wait a year before doing it again with different choices and it felt almost like playing it for the first time.

Speaking of ME, I'll import my Shep for ME3, finish that. then in a few years maybe replay all 3 with a female character to see how that is. Everyone says the bitch is better than the guy but I never tried it.

@ Jaesun. I'm not dissin FH, just seemed like a lot of replays in a year.

Roguey said:
racofer said:
That person just spams the same ability over and over again. That's supposed to be fun?

I don't get it either. Even just as an FPS ME2 fails in comparison to ME1 which was already horrible in itself. 1 or 2 powers in a class? That's just fucking stupid, at least ME1 had a good half dozen you could use. The only improvement to the combat ME2 has over ME1 is that headshots do extra damage, which is a feature every half-assed shooter since 2000 has had. This is crap compared to games like Jedi Knight, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, dare I say Deus Ex and System Shock. It pales in comparison to even dumbed down consoletarded games like Bioshock.

circ

Arcane
I finished it once. Uninstalled. Installed again to try out the DLC companions. Not bad, sure beat Jack. But really, all companions are retards in combat, and there's just a single soldier among them and even then it's a DLC companion. Areas are still the exact same. People are just quest billboards or say the same lines. Shooter mechanics are awful, can't customize anything anymore. Whole game is like some addon rather than a full game. For example, side quests in ME1 were a little more complex than in 2. In ME2, it's pretty much 'hey, find me macguffin. it's in the area you're just going to clear anyway in your main quest. lol, easy isn't it?'

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Fucking racofer! This thread made me re-install ME2 and get all the episode DLC's. FFS! I never played any of the DLC's. Guess I'll be busy for a long while.

Topher

Cipher
I enjoyed ME1 quite a bit and ended up beating it twice I think, oh and once more in a quick 6hr speedrun, but I just can't stand ME2. I watched a friend play through it and none of the levels of companions seemed all that interesting, I hated the new mechanics for weapons and upgrades, and I just scoffed when I saw the final boss.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Played it 3 or 4 times as an infiltrator on insanity and even managed to finish the game. As all BioWare games go, it is not much, but quite enjoyable. Too bad they did not allowed Shepard to kill Illusive Man, but there is still hope for that in ME3... I think she is going to enjoy it.

Archibald

Arcane
Our dear administrators could use provided evidence in this thread and ban some old fags.

First time I played it on normal, second on insanity, now going on casual with unlimited credits, minerals and all the dlc.

Even with the difficulty toned down and using the uber dlc guns and avoiding the planet scanning there's still too much time spent in combat vs time spent exploring/rping etc

Also find that the majority of the dialog time is spent talking with companions, aboard the ship, in the "flavor but useless" dialog options.

When it comes to companion flavor dialog I actually prefer the way it's done with Zaeed and Katsumi, just 2-3 lines without even going into dialog mode.

The hammerhead controls much better and is more entertaining than the mako, platforming and racing elements with the hammerhead can break up monotonous corridor shooter segments.

Still more of an rpg than Alfafa Tramadol.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Archibald said:
Our dear administrators could use provided evidence in this thread and ban some old fags.

You do know you're part of that list now even though many would not acknowledge the fact, right?

Archibald

Arcane
racofer said:
Archibald said:

You do know you're part of that list now even though many would not acknowledge the fact, right?

I make no excuses.

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
Played twice, had fun, but I really can't see myself replaying a third time, much less reaching eight playthroughts.

Rhalle

Magister
Played ME1 twice. Tried to play it 3 times but couldn't.

Played ME2 once, and that was enough. I actually finished it, though, which is more than I can say for most recent games; I never finished DA, or even FO:NV, which I played all the way to the last fight with like 60 hours off playtime but never actually completed.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Completed ME1 twice, ME2 once. Got halfway through a second run of ME2 to check out the DLC I had appropriated. The shadow broker's lair bit was actually pretty damn fun, even if the lightning rods made the fights in the last location even dumber than usual. Will import my shep into Mass Erect 3 to get some kind of closure, but I don't have high expectations of it from what I've seen so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom