Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I played ME2 8 times and i kinda enjoy it still.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Akin to Mangoose's thread I'm making this one for we ME2 lovers on the Codex.

To avoid the usual butthurt from faggots that complain ME2 is no RPG (which I agree) I will make this thread at General Gaming instead of the usual place so perhaps this will avoid unnecessary complaints, although this being the Codex and all I have the firm belief a lot of people will complain this thread should be at GRPGD.

So yes, I've played ME2 8 times already and I've enjoyed it every time. It's a fun third person shooter with RPG elements thrown into it Action RPG (
volly.gif
) and I find the gameplay quite satisfactory. I know of only one other Codexer that has played ME2 this many times besides myself so I'm curious to see WHO ELSE LOVES ME2 THIS MUCH.

Discuss!!

anus_pounder

Arcane
I finished it once, release edition. Then I installed all the DLC and stuffles and tried to finish it. I got about halfway through three times and almost finished it twice.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I finished it once but that was enough. I enjoyed it, but I'm not gonna replay it.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Finished it only once, but I toyed around with all classes. Vanguard is best, not much point playing the rest, and not much point not being Renegade either. I'll probably replay it when ME3 is coming out just to get me pumped for this puppy :thumbsup: herp derp

MapMan

Arcane
I played ME1 until Ive met one of those rapists or whatever. The action parts were absolutely retarded and boring as fuck. I still havn't played ME2. Shall I play it? I don't feel like ever playing ME1 again. It was mediocre in all aspects with the combat being especially lame. What parts ME2 improves uppon?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Played it 2 1/2 times. Still haven't fully romanced Jabob yet. Had computer problems. Now all is working fine again.

mmm Jacob.

racofer

Thread Incliner
MapMan said:
I played ME1 until Ive met one of those rapists or whatever. The action parts were absolutely retarded and boring as fuck.

Fair enough. The combat could be boring depending on how you play it, I give you that. I myself enjoyed playing as an infiltrator sniping everything in my path and found it to improve gameplay tremendously instead of simply holding down mouse1 and waiting for my assault rifle to mow down the enemies.

I still havn't played ME2. Shall I play it? I don't feel like ever playing ME1 again. It was mediocre in all aspects with the combat being especially lame. What parts ME2 improves uppon?

Exactly the combat is what it has improved the most. It's much more fluid now and all weapons are good to use. You even have to switch your weapons depending on the situation, which is something ME1 simply didn't require, plus you can easily map your squadmates abilities to your hotkeys and quickly use them. It's a much more fun shooter than its predecessor there's no doubt about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qgjrQPuX9M

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Freelance Henchman said:
Also, I didn't count but I'm pretty sure I also played ME2 8 times or more. :queenofbiowhores:

In that time you could have played 8 good games from the past(ME2 was ok, but 8 times??? There's nothing that compelling about the story or combat to go through it so many times in just a year since it's release).....Why do you waste the hours of your life so?

What do you get out of playing it so many times?

Wouldn't you be reciting the lines of every character after that many replays, even before they start to talk?

Project: Eternity
commie said:
In that time you could have played 8 good games from the past(ME2 was ok, but 8 times??? There's nothing that compelling about the story or combat to go through it so many times in just a year since it's release).....Why do you waste the hours of your life so?

I'm kinda weird with games. :D I guess the game was "compelling enough" in story and gameplay that I could stomach it that often. I just find it relaxing to play (in the literal "turn your brain off" way) even though or perhaps because I know the areas by heart now. I just cheat myself unlimited money and resources though so I can completely ignore the minigames unless they give an upgrade or something.

Also, how canst thou waste that which thou dost not possess?
southparkwow2.jpg

Exmit

Scholar
Yes Racofer , I'm launching KOTOR for 9th time right now.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
MapMan said:
I played ME1 until Ive met one of those rapists or whatever. The action parts were absolutely retarded and boring as fuck. I still havn't played ME2. Shall I play it?
If you'd like even more retarded action parts, by all means.

The only way ME2 combat improves on ME1's is by being more cover-based, slower and more repetitive.

I'm also surprised FH can stomach it 8 times. Once was enough for me.

torpid

Liturgist
Sceptic said:
The only way ME2 combat improves on ME1's is by being more cover-based, slower and more repetitive.

Yeah, I don't get the argument that ME2 is good as a shooter -- it's consolized popamole: sluggish, repetitive and easy. It's also designed around cover, so any respite from the popamole only makes it worse. The best example of that is the level in the Dead Reaper -- one of the worst levels of any game I've played -- where you can't really use cover because you're attacked by streams of melee enemies: the sluggish controls make the zombies terribly annoying to deal with.

And the end boss was just lollerskates.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Never played it and never will.

Played ME1 and found it a rather mediocre game similar to many Diablo clones, games that have nothing good to offer gameplay- or storywise so their only appeal is levelling up and looting. ME2 is supposed to take away or simplify the only elements that made the original playable and instead concentrate on improving gameplay. Since said improving doesn't include making it something different than linnear shooter with cover system, why bother?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom