Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I need help to expand and keep alive "Consolitis"

waim

Novice
I need help to expand and keep alive "Consolitis"

Hello - I have been lurking on your forums for quite some time now. Since you lot seem to be against the Decline - I am confident that some of you would like to help to expand and try to defend the Consolitis page on the Wikipedia from deletion - they have deleted it twice already - once in 2003 and once in 2006.

Cheers,
Waim

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Anybody here knows what the fuck is this guy going on about?

Cheers,
WhiskeyWolf

waim

Novice
WhiskeyWolf said:

Cheers,
WhiskeyWolf

About consolitis:) The multi-targeting, when they develop a game for xbox and then port it for pc, eventually ruining it.

waim

Novice
Admiral jimbob said:
The only way the name could be more loaded is if it were "CONSOLETARDATION". Maybe start there.

I don't think that "consoletardation" would live very long there:) Idea is to spread awareness of the problem that has been discussed in several forums, blogs and articles, so I think that aggregate article on the wikipedia would be beneficial - since it is being used more and more as a reference material.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Don-Quixote-Windmill.gif

KalosKagathos

Learned
Poor AI and simplified gameplay have more to do with bad designers than with consoles, though. Interface complaints are legit, but that's it.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I can't even imagine why anybody would waste time on something like this... believe me, I just can't call it a "project" with a straight face.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
WhiskeyWolf said:

Cheers,
WhiskeyWolf
A word used by PC gamers to describe the cost-friendly practice of developers in which a video game is clearly designed to accommodate the limited capabilities of console systems.

Symptoms include inferior graphics, sluggish gameplay, clumsy user interfaces, checkpoint-based save systems, a lack of dedicated servers, limited customization and simplified game mechanics.
It was clear that due to the overwhelming amount of negative user reviews of Modern Warfare 2 for PC that Infinity Ward had contracted consolitis.
Urban dictionary.

ortucis

Prophet
For any citation, just link to all games ported by Rockstar for PC.

User was nabbed fit

If you need a citation for "butthurt", link to orutcis' profiile.

ortucis

Prophet
:lol:

Rockstar makes shitty ports. Not saying they make shitty games (except for Manhunt).

deuxhero

Arcane
Inflamation of the console?

Overheating was the cause of the RRoD right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom