Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I Hope Bethesda Burns In Hell...What about you?

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
While I dislike Bethesda a great deal, I am above wishing for them to burn in hell. Saying something retarded like that makes you exactly like that Gamespy jackass who wished for us Fallout fans to die from a disease.

THUNDERSTRUCK

Novice
sportforredneck said:
THUNDERSTRUCK said:
And you actually came up to him fully knowning that he wouldn't just shell out a couple of 20 dollar bills for you.
Who in their right mind would think that they would give them their money back? It's more of a principle thing to begin with. At least I would hope so, or else you're just completely retarded.
Principle, or awkward nerdy shennanigans?

And I didn't imply that if he thought he had a chance at actually getting the dough the whole creepy afair would be a-ok.

Unless you're referring to him. Then yeah, he is completely retarded.

Netherium19

Novice
Wow maybe I shouldn't post here. A lot of you are really overly jaded to the point that you attack people just trying to introduce themselves properly. It's pretty obvious as to why a lot of people wouldn't join the Codex's effort, they don't embrace those that have similar viewpoints. That coupled with the foul language and witty remarks, I didn't expect to be attacked as such.

I may have just been a jaded gamer asking Howard to return my cash knowing he wouldn't - but it's better than doing nothing. Silence is merely a form of consent. And to turn and attack someone who is just trying to join your cause? Ha...

Netherium19 said:
Wow maybe I shouldn't post here. A lot of you are really overly jaded to the point that you attack people just trying to introduce themselves properly. It's pretty obvious as to why a lot of people wouldn't join the Codex's effort, they don't embrace those that have similar viewpoints. That coupled with the foul language and witty remarks, I didn't expect to be attacked as such.

I may have just been a jaded gamer asking Howard to return my cash knowing he wouldn't - but it's better than doing nothing. Silence is merely a form of consent. And to turn and attack someone who is just trying to join your cause? Ha...

Consider it a test...I guess. If you run away, the Codex doesn't want you. If you can stay and keep your cool, I suppose people will be pretty cool with you.

Not that I agree with this sort of thing. I think any "extra help" is never a bad thing. But hey....what do I know...

Texas Red

Whiner
Wolfenstein1942 said:
Next time, try harder on educating yourself on what exactly you're purchasing before you buy it.

This is the whole point, dickmilk. Every profeshunul journalist praised Oblivious as the Second Coming.

And hell, I agree that the Codexers here are just angry cunts because of their repressed sexual fetishes. Dont leave, op, everyone gets attacked in the beginning. After a while it will clear off.

Nedrah

Erudite
The only reason people are jumping at you is that they don't buy the story or neither that you're not one of king comrades alts. For all I know, you well might be. If you're not, welcome to the codex and no need to care about what some people posted, consider it some weird kind of codex baptism of fire.

Globbi

Augur
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Consider it a test...I guess. If you run away, the Codex doesn't want you. If you can stay and keep your cool, I suppose people will be pretty cool with you..
Like in Fight Club :cool:

User was nabbed fit

Sonic The Hedgehog said:
ViolentOpposition said:
English only, Sonic. No Gangland.

You believe in Intelligent Design opposed to evolution? Sweetness. I am the follow your path.

Nah, your existence is first hand proof that "Intelligent" Design is a crock.

aries202

Erudite
There really is nothing new in the OP's post. VD made an excellent review of Oblivion, pointing out it flaws (and some its good sides too ;) ), many of which I happen to agree upon is in the game.

One of the more major flaws in Oblivion is that actually can be head of all four guilds at the same time. This doesn't make any sense at all.

The main quest in Fallout 3 is as :roll: stupid as the main quest in Oblivion (or perhaps even more :roll:)

As for the rest of FO3, I'm still somewhat cautiously optimistic, but that optimism seems to be dwindling everyday with each newsbit being released, re: Fallout 3.

OverrideB1

Scholar
While I doubt the OP's story -- since any real RPG fan would run screaming at the mere sight of the Toddler's satanic visage -- I understand the sentiment perfectly well. Unfortunately, like many I know of, the OP seems to have brought into the hype without doing the most basic of research. Presumably the OP won't be making that mistake again.

The story itself strikes me as an attempt to gain insta-cred with the Codex as a hardcore RPG player: probably to avoid exactly the reaction his story got. Oh, teh irony!

Texas Red

Whiner
HAI guys! I researched Oblivion before buying it and it turns out that 100% of profeshunul journalists rated it over 8/10! Lulz

Erzherzog

Magister
If by research you mean just seeing review scores, you'd be right.

Unfortunately, you'd have to go further than that, and find out why they think it's such a great game, and since alot of reviews just threw around the word "fun" and then a bunch of synonyms of it, that should be enough ewvidence that their 10/10 or 9/10 ratings have no real backing behind them.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Wolfenstein1942 said:
If by research you mean just seeing review scores, you'd be right.

Unfortunately, you'd have to go further than that, and find out why they think it's such a great game, and since alot of reviews just threw around the word "fun" and then a bunch of synonyms of it, that should be enough ewvidence that their 10/10 or 9/10 ratings have no real backing behind them.
That's when you go looking for the fan input

Franky Professional game journalists like on game informer can go screw themselves and their game scores. If I want accurate reviews I check to see what the fanbase has to say (after release that is)

Well, at least now I do :P

Dmitron

Arbiter
Ahzaruuk said:
If I want accurate reviews I check to see what the fanbase has to say (after release that is)

"AwEsOmE"? Most titles have an immediate fanbase the minute the first hyped preview goes up. Who to trust?

The OP was trying very hard to score codex points with his "story".

DiverNB

Liturgist
I'd rather have Bethesda realize their mistakes, make a great role playing game (Or rogue-like) and watch their newer fan base see what a good RPG is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom