Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I Hope Bethesda Burns In Hell...What about you?

Netherium19

Novice
Hey folks, I've been reading all of your topics and although I was a "joking" guy a while back, I'm going to be upfront and serious - the RPGCodex is 150% correct when it comes to Roleplaying games. The entire market has been overrun with these stupid shiny games! Screw bloom, screw grafix - give them some SUBSTANCE!

I for one personally approached Todd Howard at this years E3 and asked him (Pete Hines was standing with him and so was a few suits, didn't want to get too violent but yeah) if I could have my money back for my copy of Oblivion and the guide. (a total of $72 at Gamestop) I even presented my receipt to the man! He just shrugged it off and was hurried along by his little "posse". I'm no journalist, but if there was one journalist site I would trust, it's this one. On my MySpace all of my peeps and even people I work with know of this site now, and they all agree - the gaming scene is dying.

Vault Dweller - I personally feel that you may have struck a few nerves when you criticized TES4, and you may have even damaged sales, hence is why Todd Howard is going to do his best to Oblivionize FO3. As a fellow fan of the Fallout series (the first game installed on my new PC was FO1, no joke. The second game installed was Arcanum : Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura) I intend to boycott FO3. I'm not going anywhere near it. I don't care if it has RAI, I don't care if it's story is praised by every "journalist" on the planet. If it has Todd Howard in it's credits and if he's the Exec. Producer, it's not on my To-Buy List.

Every single one of you Codexers have every right to be pissed and jaded to this new age, but there is only one thing you can do - Don't Fund These Assholes!! Even though we're outnumbered by the masses of kiddy gamers, please remember that we are still a very good fraction of the gamer populus. Hell, I'd estimate that every single Lands of Lore 2 gamer that bought Oblivion hated it and returned it for credit. About fourty people I know that played LoL2 hated Oblivion outright and has vowed to boycott all-things Bethesda. (that also includes family members)

I Salute the Codex for what it represents, what it stands for, and for what it is fighting for - the undoing of the mainstream market of the gaming industry as a whole!! I'm 19, but I'll be damned if I turn my back on the old school games that make a fool of everything thats been developed and tagged an "RPG" since 2004....

Thanks for your time....

-Neth19

Netherium19

Novice
Dark Matter - You're so angry and bitter you jump at someone who is on your side? Get Laid.

Netherium19

Novice
Oh I intend to be at E4All, so I'll be encountering Mr. Howard once again. Only this time, I'll be accompanied by others who are just as pissed, so I won't be alone.

Müg

Scholar
Netherium19 said:
Oh I intend to be at E4All, so I'll be encountering Mr. Howard once again. Only this time, I'll be accompanied by others who are just as pissed, so I won't be alone.

Nonono, you have to plan. What are you going to do?

RGE

Liturgist
Shhh. Don't plan it in public!
ninja.gif

Müg

Scholar
RGE said:
Shhh. Don't plan it in public!
ninja.gif

Since it's both a year away and he's not going to do it anyway, what's to lose?

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Well, hopefully he'll be going under the delusion that he is going to do something, and one of his buddies will be packing a camera.
I dunno, but I'd pay to see YouTube footage of an angry Codexling beating the shit out of Todd for a bit before Pete impales him on his mutant gorilla penis.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Guys I once confronted Pete or Todd or whoever and demanded my money back for Oblivion but then he shouted that this was a pirated version and pushed the red button on the underside of his armrest and mall ninjas dropped from the skylights and tried to molest me, I had to fight my way out and ran out of bullets for my dual deagles (dont mess with ninjas their katanas can reflect bullets, even deagle bullets).

Müg

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
Guys I once confronted Pete or Todd or whoever and demanded my money back for Oblivion but then he shouted that this was a pirated version and pushed the red button on the underside of his armrest and mall ninjas dropped from the skylights and tried to molest me, I had to fight my way out and ran out of bullets for my dual deagles (dont mess with ninjas their katanas can reflect bullets, even deagle bullets).

Law ninjas are brutal. The only way I've been able to avoid defeat with my pirating ways would be to hold up a DS with Phoenix Wright as he cries OBJECTION! They all flee and you can live another day.

Amasius

Augur
Netherium19 said:
I for one personally approached Todd Howard at this years E3...
Since this years E3 is only accessible for invited journalists our friend here must be a gaming journalist. Lets shackle him as a special present for Major_Blackhart.

Netherium19

Novice
Amasius said:
Netherium19 said:
I for one personally approached Todd Howard at this years E3...
Since this years E3 is only accessible for invited journalists our friend here must be a gaming journalist. Lets shackle him as a special present for Major_Blackhart.

Journalists weren't the "only" ones permitted. :roll: But I do have journalist "friends", even though I'm entirely against what they do. (i.e. the better the hype, the better chances of getting a raise)

I don't want Mr. Howard to burn in hell. In my ideal world he would embezzle a bunch of money from Zenimax, flee the country, and open up a monastery/orphanage in some African nation helping the children. elderly, and infirm. That would be pretty righteous.

THUNDERSTRUCK

Novice
Netherium19 said:
I for one personally approached Todd Howard at this years E3 and asked him (Pete Hines was standing with him and so was a few suits, didn't want to get too violent but yeah) if I could have my money back for my copy of Oblivion and the guide. (a total of $72 at Gamestop) I even presented my receipt to the man! He just shrugged it off and was hurried along by his little "posse". I'm no journalist, but if there was one journalist site I would trust, it's this one. On my MySpace all of my peeps and even people I work with know of this site now, and they all agree - the gaming scene is dying.

Vault Dweller - I personally feel that you may have struck a few nerves when you criticized TES4, and you may have even damaged sales, hence is why Todd Howard is going to do his best to Oblivionize FO3. As a fellow fan of the Fallout series (the first game installed on my new PC was FO1, no joke. The second game installed was Arcanum : Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura) I intend to boycott FO3. I'm not going anywhere near it. I don't care if it has RAI, I don't care if it's story is praised by every "journalist" on the planet. If it has Todd Howard in it's credits and if he's the Exec. Producer, it's not on my To-Buy List.
As right as you may be you're not saying anything new or interesting. This entire post comes off as a HEY U GUYS I STICK IT TO THE MAN I WANNA BE LIKED ON THIS FORUM LOOK AT ME!!

Seriously dude, who cares what game you installed first on your PC? I'm sure as hell I don't. Is that supposed to give you some street-cred on the codex?

And you actually came up to him fully knowning that he wouldn't just shell out a couple of 20 dollar bills for you. Admit it. Why make a scene that'd go unheard just so that you can feel better about spending money on a game you supposedly don't like? Not only that, you bought the guide with the pretty pictures too. What a huge mongoloid.

THUNDERSTRUCK said:
And you actually came up to him fully knowning that he wouldn't just shell out a couple of 20 dollar bills for you.
Who in their right mind would think that they would give them their money back? It's more of a principle thing to begin with. At least I would hope so, or else you're just completely retarded.

Niggas be fronting and tripping like they don't have a show. Reality check: YOU DO HAVE THE SHOW!

So nay, et tu burn in Hell original Posta. With the other niggas that front their shit like bitches.

spacemoose

Erudite
I'm starting to have trouble differentiating the trolls from the genuinely dumb. take for example the op. maybe I should go see a doctor.

Erzherzog

Magister
In the incredibly unlikely chance that the op's story is true, Todd Howard doesn't owe you jack. Next time, try harder on educating yourself on what exactly you're purchasing before you buy it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom