Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I don't feel like doing this quest, just give me your money - My World, My Way by Atlus

Mayday

Augur
Are you annoyed with the lack of challenge in contemporary RPGs?
Well, here's something right up your alley!
http://www.atlus.com/myworldmyway/
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42733.html
NOT!

Don't feel like doing the quest? Fine, you'll get the reward anyway.
Don't feel like looking for the forest? No problem, make the forest appear right in front of you.
Don't feel like fighting a tough monster? Go ahead, we've made him much weaker.
Hilarious!

Alternative discussion: how to employ RPG challenge in an interesting way.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Uhm.

This looks like a game for little girls. I don't see anything wr- wait, now I see the problem! It spoils those little girls and they'll never be able to appreciate real RPGs when they grow up because this game spoiled them by giving them anything they want without any effort!

Hory

Erudite
I hope you aren't sarcastic, because it can actually happen. On the other hand, this is somewhat acceptable since they are women anyway.

DraQ

Arcane
Re: I don't feel like doing this quest, just give me your mo

Mayday said:
Don't feel like looking for the forest? No problem, make the forest appear right in front of you.
Hilarious!
Whoever came up with this shit should shoot themselves in the mouth. With a minigun.

Jeff Graw

StarChart Interactive
Developer
"I don't feel like doing this quest, just give me your money"

That at least sounds like a really good idea, so long as their are sufficient consequences for actions like that.

DraQ

Arcane
Jeff Graw said:
"I don't feel like doing this quest, just give me your money"

That at least sounds like a really good idea, so long as their are sufficient consequences for actions like that.
Like getting rounded up and shoved into a gas chamber IRL for being an unacceptable waste of oxygen? You have my vote.

baronjohn

Cipher

Mayday said:

I like this. RPGs aren't hard or challenging anyway. They're just tedious.

MetalCraze

Arcane

Mayday said:
Hilarious!

Sounds like Fallout 3

Change the world to get what you want! Selfishness is your power!

This game is now oficially amazing :lol:

Emotional Vampire said:
No jRPG fan will jump to defend this one? How odd.

There is no need, unbeliever. All the Faithful know in the beginning Atlus said "Fiat MegaTen" and then there was Beauty, Great Joy, and Perfection. Since only perfection can spawn perfection it follows Atlus is Perfect, and therefore all of it's actions are inherently Good and all of it's works, both direct and indirect, without fault. When Jack Frost descends from the heavens to take the Worthy into Atlus' radiant countenance you will be thrown screaming into the hellish pits where tentacle monsters rape the Unholy Ones' many orifices, both natural and artificial, for all eternity.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Ah, the sweet taste of bile in my mouth.

...Oh, wait.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUULUUUUUUUUURRRRRGH.

Fuck this game and whoever came up with it. Fuck them where they poop.

Cassidy

Arcane
It's all wrong...

Don't feel like doing the quest? Go to a tavern, get some drinks and have fun, find a fake replica of the item you were asked to deliver the pawn shop just a few meters where you were if it was a FedEx, then return to the NPC and bluff you did it.

Don't feel like looking for the forest? Stalk a bunch of rival adventurers heading there or make them talk.

Don't feel like fighting a tough monster? Persuade it, as after all, only rats can't be dealt with diplomatically... oh wait, you're not the Vault Dweller.

Fixed.

If diplomatic characters could avoid dungeons altogether through the proper dialogue choices and appropriate fast-talking skills, then it could be interesting if well implemented. Otherwise anything recommending you to make a diplomatic character is a lie.

obediah

Erudite
Hah, you're all just pissed off because the jrpg market is healthy enough for developers to experiment with the formula.

Let's look down on those slanty-eyed bastards from our tower of oblivion and diablo clones. Built on a foundation of RTS's w/ hp ( I'm looking at you NWN2 - the shittiest combat system ever inflicted on man ). You need an excavation team to find a western rpg with depth.

For fuck's sake, everyones favorite rpg of the year is Kings Bounty! It's a strategy game, and a Mass Effect of strategy games at that ( pretty, very shallow, and a hint of dialog trees). We're all floored because Fallout 3 only sucks 80% as much as we expected, and there are dialog trees w/ checks ( horrible, horrible dialog w/ horrible horrible checks ).

So while I have little interest in playing a pouty princess, being able to trump the game at places of your choosing has potential. Who know, it might even have it's moments in this game.

1eyedking

Erudite
Change the world to get what you want! Selfishness is your power!
Heh, those misogynist orientals.

obediah said:
For fuck's sake, everyones favorite rpg of the year is Kings Bounty! It's a strategy game, and a Mass Effect of strategy games at that ( pretty, very shallow, and a hint of dialog trees).
To be honest I found this hard to believe. I thought the Codex was going to shun it completely, but instead welcomed it with arms wide open.

"For god's sake", I thought, "these people haven't played any HoMM game!"

obediah said:
Let's look down on those slanty-eyed bastards from our tower of oblivion and diablo clones. Built on a foundation of RTS's w/ hp ( I'm looking at you NWN2 - the shittiest combat system ever inflicted on man ). You need an excavation team to find a western rpg with depth.
It wasn't always like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom