Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How would you rate Pillars of Eternity?

How many doritos/10 PoE deserve?

• 10 (A modern classic, you did it Obsidian!)

Votes: 42 10.5%
  • 9 (Great game, although it has some minor problems.)

Votes: 102 25.4%
  • 8 (Good job Obsidian, but it is not as good as I hoped.)

Votes: 75 18.7%
  • 7 (Nice game, but nothing spectacular.)

Votes: 46 11.5%
  • 6 (Ehh, it's above average, but it is a disappointment.)

Votes: 50 12.5%
  • 5 (Meh, it is mediocre.)

Votes: 23 5.7%
  • 4 (The game has some good stuff, but tons of bad.)

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • 3 (Shamefur dispray Obsidian, the game is awful.)

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • 2 (The game is one of the worst cRPGs in recent years.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 (Game is garbage on every front.)

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Fucking rating systems, what mainstream shit is this? (Kingcomrade)

Votes: 27 6.7%

• Total voters

Lhynn

Arcane
Im going to agree that the story is intrigueing.

Last edited:

purpleblob

Savant
I haven't finished the game and not sure if I will end up finishing it. I gave it 6/10. I find it underwhelming. Worst writing I've seen from Obsidian. I'm not talking about content, more of the execution. I found story/lore/writing absolutely tedious, everytime I talk to someone it's like being in history class and the one I find dreadfully boring. The whole bunch of texts which reminds me of encyclopaedia is dumped on me, with strange words that doesn't stick well. You don't get exposed to these naturally, more forced upon you and yet without knowing these, the story and the world don't make sense. The game feels like IE game but in a bad sort of the way. Nothing feels "fresh" and yet the "familiar" aspect falls short compared to original IE games.

And yeah, gods, those loading screens. Getting sick of loading screens. That alone is enough reason for not going back to PoE for 2 weeks now.

Atchodas

Augur
But .. but BABY SOULS?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom