Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How would you like your Vault Dweller?

How would you like your VD?

• VD given the power, and the Final Solution to the LULZ

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • VD returns as Editor-in-Chief, and he doesn't agree to purge the forum of infidels.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VD shares the power, we all agree to vote on which infidels to purge.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Otingocni

Novice
Easy as locking this and every thread where the topic comes up, my friend.

AnalogKid

Scholar
DarkUnderlord said:
We were willing to accept people's opinions. Sorry, poll failed the 66% 2/3 majority required.
Fuck! If only I had created 11 more alts! :(

Seriously guys, is sarcasm/bullshit/teh funny recognition really in that short of supply?

themadhatter114

Liturgist
Patron
I don't even understand this poll in the first place.

Option A = VD can do what he wants

Option B = What the hell does option B mean? VD doesn't agree? What the fuck does that have to do with how much authority you give him?

Option C = Vague. I think clearly everyone expects the site administrators to share the power in some form or another, but voting for this doesn't make clear how much the other admins are actually going to be active on the site. I still don't see why in the hell temp bans and then discussion are such a problem.

Option D = VD can go to Hell for 3 months and if things aren't going well we'll let him come back under the conditions I've already decided he must agree to. Oh wait that's the one you picked beforehand but it wasn't on the list.

I would expect a more competent poll. But of course I wouldn't expect someone to make a poll and then say that your choice was and always will be option D regardless of any results. And then complain that VD wouldn't negotiate after you cut off negotiations. I'll assume the 2/3 majority was simply an unfunny joke. Haha you win with your funny poll. You must just love this drama that you are perpetuating.

Hory

Erudite
The apparently arbitrary percent of 66 has no value if it hasn't been made public beforehand. Same for the vote end date of Nov. 16.

Will VD be granted shared admin powers since 90% of the people want it?

Au naturel

Scholar
Forgedaboutit. The point has been gotten across to the Party Secretary and it will gnaw their innards in the staff forums. Probably looks a lot like a French Government meeting circa July 1940 at the moment.

dagorkan

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
roshan said:
kingcomrade said:
Really? To me English Breakfast means pretty much the stuff sheek said. I thought bacon and eggs were an integral part of the English breakfast.

An English breakfast is tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, sausages, eggs and toast - none of that healthy fruits, cereals and breads that the Germans eat. The distinguishing feature of a proper English breakfast are the really disgusting sausages that would make any self respecting German throw up.
I have a friend who insists that eating breakfast is unhealthy, it saps your early morning energy by diverting some to digestion. She read it in some health book called The Miracle of Fasting by Paul Bragg. Apparently kidneys are miracle organs which will filter out all of our bodily impurities if we just don't eat for a while.
That's dumb. Unless you're a lazy layabout the morning is when you need the most energy and you've already been fasting for ten hours or so anyway. Eating a lot at lunch is the obviously stupid habit.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Voted B

He's a wonderful journalist, but leading Jihad against just about every somewhat deviant poster is just stupid, especially on the Codex.

Surgey

Scholar
Voted A, first option. I preferred the codex before a bunch of 4chan memes and NWS images and discussions invaded it.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
The 66% vote needed was just a joke. Sarcasm is teh hard on the internet.

I take joy at least in that I know DU just wants to flame all of us, but he realizes he has to do massive damage control.

Lurkar

Scholar
FrancoTAU said:
The 66% vote needed was just a joke. Sarcasm is teh hard on the internet.

I take joy at least in that I know DU just wants to flame all of us, but he realizes he has to do massive damage control.

That's what I'm getting out of this. DU's just dicking around.

Just rename the place "DU'S PLAYGROUND FOR MASSIVE LULZ, A CORRUPTION OF LOL, OR LAUGHING OUT LOUD" already.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Come on, guys. Give DU a chance. He believes in one thing, I believe in another thing (about the site and what needs to be done), and in the end it really is hard to say who's right and who's wrong. Maybe we are both right, maybe we are both wrong.

Anyway, he wants to make something and he's making it. Stop driving him nuts and give him some room. You got my support, DU. Go kick some ass now.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Surgey said:
Voted A, first option. I preferred the codex before a bunch of 4chan memes and NWS images and discussions invaded it.
I'll bet you preferred the Codex from before we all found out you're a lame faggot.

Dnyarri

Novice
I would be more interested to know of DU's motives for wanting VD out of the Codex game and proceeding to accomplish that deed so aggressively. I suspect there is more than meets the eye, and the reasons might not even be in alleged personal conflict, "poor forum & dmg management" etc. yaddayadda what some posters have previously speculated.

Leaving all possible conspiracies out for now, tho'. ;) But "mismanagement", and that crap just won't cut it for me in this context. It's more like - GET VD OUT OF HERE, WHATEVER IT TAKES, stuff. Be it just several kicks in the nuts, so if nothing else, self respect will prevent him from coming back. And voila -> mission accomplished. No more VD. No more strong leader; welcome the new era of degeneration and softening. I'm pretty sure there are many "fronts" that will welcome this change. Dark times for me, tho', that's for sure.

Lurkar

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
Come on, guys. Give DU a chance. He believes in one thing, I believe in another thing (about the site and what needs to be done), and in the end it really is hard to say who's right and who's wrong. Maybe we are both right, maybe we are both wrong.

Anyway, he wants to make something and he's making it. Stop driving him nuts and give him some room. You got my support, DU. Go kick some ass now.

People will stop giving DU crap when he stops trying to bullshit us. This whole thread was one big mistake for him, and all he's doing is making it worse with each post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom