Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline How the Codex stopped being a site for the free discussion of RPGs

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
RPGWatch focuses on discussing RPGs, yes, but you forgot to mention that only mainstream RPGs. Good luck finding there anyone who even played Prelude to Darkness, The Void, Precursors or Pathologic.
good luck trying to find anyone here. just look at first page and page count in threads in general rpg subforum.
I find aplenty of people here, never you though.

Reinhardt

Arcane
RPGWatch focuses on discussing RPGs, yes, but you forgot to mention that only mainstream RPGs. Good luck finding there anyone who even played Prelude to Darkness, The Void, Precursors or Pathologic.
good luck trying to find anyone here. just look at first page and page count in threads in general rpg subforum.
I find aplenty of people here, never you though.
i don't look general rpg games subforum past first page.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I say this as a friend, but you need to move on from this. You are way too overinvested in this drama. Whenever I check this thread (or the woke list) you are brawling with people for no purpose.

I know this seemingly means a lot to you, but the Codex isn't going to change in the way you want.

You've already made your point multiple times, and at this point, it isn't healthy.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I say this as a friend, but you need to move on from this. You are way too overinvested in this drama. Whenever I check this thread (or the woke list) you are brawling with people for no purpose.

I know this seemingly means a lot to you, but the Codex isn't going to change in the way you want.

You've already made your point multiple times, and at this point, it isn't healthy.
You are overprotective of your queen, m'lord. She just wants to have fun

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
For what i seen i am very well impressed shocking to see people actually talking about games thank you for letting me in!
Everybody hates you so much you have no idea.
1otri4.jpg

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I moved on really. You are having it completely wrong for me talk about rpg here is a waste of air. I have some friends here as well but i also have contacts with them outside the codex. I joined the codex to talk about rpg's or games in general today codex is too much busy with lunatic culture war raving. I am fine believe me.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I played PtD probably more than a decade ago, but gave up due to bugs.

I know about Pathologic, but tbh it looked more like a survival horror game than an RPG, and kind of a boring one at that, so I never bothered. Not really much into horror games though tbh. You will probably find people here that love it though, yes. Not because we're such hardcore RPG fans, but because Russian jank and Euro jank are venerated by local Slavs - see Elex for more on this.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played PtD probably more than a decade ago, but gave up due to bugs.

Asf's new build apparently makes the game pretty stable and fixes a lot of the common bugs. Might be worth giving it a go if you still wanted to play it.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I moved on really. You are having it completely wrong for me talk about rpg here is a waste of air. I have some friends here as well but i also have contacts with them outside the codex. I joined the codex to talk about rpg's or games in general today codex is too much busy with lunatic culture war raving. I am fine believe me.
Tacgnol, Meb is what we call a woman. They thrive on drama. They thrive on attention.

Attention or drama would have to be extremely negative, dangerous, annoying or (especially) unflattering for her to not view it as a net positive.

It's like you're telling a fish that she's getting an unhealthy amount of water.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Asf's new build apparently makes the game pretty stable and fixes a lot of the common bugs. Might be worth giving it a go if you still wanted to play it.
Thanks for the info. I have to really be in the mood to play a horror game these days though. But an older game like this might be tolerable.

Konjad

Patron
Thanks for the info. I have to really be in the mood to play a horror game these days though. But an older game like this might be tolerable.
PtD and Pathologic horror games? Sure, they have a depressing mood but...

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I don't mind sombre/depressing settings, but I must admit, I'm getting a bit bored of grimdark.
Just where I'm at in life. I'm older and tired. Just want a bit of escapism. There are some well-done lovecraftian stories I make an exception for occasionally though.
I'm not clicking IGN links and don't care what those morons wrote
You can just read the link itself. It's from around when the game came out, so maybe that explains why I think of it as such.

Konjad

Patron
I don't mind sombre/depressing settings, but I must admit, I'm getting a bit bored of grimdark.
Just where I'm at in life. I'm older and tired. Just want a bit of escapism. There are some well-done lovecraftian stories I make an exception for occasionally though.
I'm not clicking IGN links and don't care what those morons wrote
You can just read the link itself. It's from around when the game came out, so maybe that explains why I think of it as such.
IGN wrote it so it must be true.

And if anything, PtD with its setting of distrust and monsters (and one of the endings) does seem to be loosely based on Lovecraft stories or similar.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
IGN wrote it so it must be true.

And if anything, PtD with its setting of distrust and monsters (and one of the endings) does seem to be loosely based on Lovecraft stories or similar.
Which is why I played it. Or tried to, until bugs killed it for me. This was probably sometime during the 2000s.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Let me summarize my point of view. For many years, "real CRPGs" were a dead genre. Therefore, nothing that happened on this site actually mattered. Everybody could just let loose and have fun, dancing on the grave of their dead hobby.

But then CRPGs came back. Inevitably, the atmosphere on the forum shifted as the community geared itself toward anticipation and analysis of this new wave of titles. Not everybody was happy with that change. And some of them decided to blame the guy they felt was most responsible for putting it front and center.

"Stop posting about these games so much! Why is this megathread 500 pages long, how am I supposed to read this? You're not supposed to care this much! It's all popamole! It's all woke! NOOOOOOOOOOO!"
73c.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom