Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale How do you guys feel about The Bard's Tale?

bards_tale_02.gif

Well, the original version is a little more spartan.

bards_tale_3_02.gif

Number 3 started to look a little better though...

http://www.mobygames.com/game/tales-of- ... creenshots

You can see the differences between the different versions here. C64 and Apple II are the originals. The others came a few years later. The C64 version was a very lazy version compared to what could be gotten from the machine. I suppose Applie II fans said that same thing about Pool of Radiance:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/pool-of-r ... creenshots

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
dk_008.png

In the 3th death snare my time has expired and because I was playing ironman so it's game over! :cry:
This game is incredibly hard! A maze full of traps, anti-magic zones, spinners and teleports and you have limited time to solve it! Where is Zomg who said every single-player game is easy? Or Destiny Knight has illegitimate gameplay?

theverybigslayer said:
dk_008.png

In the 3th death snare my time has expired and because I was playing ironman so it's game over! :cry:
This game is incredibly hard! A maze full of traps, anti-magic zones, spinners and teleports and you have limited time to solve it! Where is Zomg who said every single-player game is easy? Or Destiny Knight has illegitimate gameplay?

What?! Bards Tale 2 is the hardest of the 3, not the easiest. Who told you it was the easiest? I hope you backed up your save files.

Data4

Arcane
Was that next-gen Bard's Tale remake produced a few years ago any good? I'm guessing no, but...

pippin

talk about necromancy
and this person was probably talking about bard's tale remake from 2004/5?
it's nothing special (an action rpg), but it has charming humor, nice songs and tony jay narrating your life. plus it comes with the original bt games, so there's that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom