Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How do I join the Thieves Guild?

VasikkA

Liturgist
Alright guys, I need some help here. My character, Cyrus, is yearning to become a thief but I cannot seem to find a way to join the thieves guild. I noticed this hidden entrance leading underground near the Temple of Laverna and it seems to be magically locked. The senior centurion Flavianus suggested I would find the leader of the thieves Ravus Vulpes there. Are there any requirements for joining them?

I've been trying to improve my thievery skill, which is at 25 now, by stealing apples from the Forum but I'm not willing to do that anymore in fear of losing additional limbs. I later realized that I could've persuaded Tullius the stonecutter to hack my way to the tunnels but I accidentally killed him trying to steal his wife's amulet. Judging from the inscriptions on the entrance it seems I need to find "shard of Idanthyrsus" from Scythia to gain access to the underground tunnels. What is a "shard of Idanthyrsus" and where is Scythia? Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and I've equipped the ring.

And another question; How do I turn on dynamic lightning and stuff because, frankly, this looks like shit.

User was nabbed fit

I hear the Fighters Guild is recruiting. Good money if you've got the stones.

VasikkA

Liturgist
Found him, but thanks anyway. Turns out I missed a lever, lol. :level design:

I found a bug! In Ostia, in the tavern by the docks Demetrius the seafarer doesn't give me a reward after clearing his cellar of rats. He insists the rat problem exists, even though I totally fried them with liquid fire. Nice Star Trek easter egg, by the way. (the graffiti)

You really make the life hard for a thief. There's nothing wrong with the thieving aspect of the game per se, but the punishment for getting caught is a bit too harsh don't you think? I mean, having to sit through a 7 year prison sentence(3 months in real time) is getting very boring very fast. I can't even converse with the guards or with the dead guy in the cell next to me. I know you guys probably thought it would be more immersive that way, but jeez. At least add a 'sleep' function in your next update.

Another thing that bugs me is the throwing daggers, or the lack of thereof. I can't find them anywhere and I feel that the +1 proficiency was a complete waste of experience points. The merchant in Trajan's Forum sells them for 15 denarii apiece, but that's way too expensive. Do you really expect the player to pay that much for a dagger? This is an outrage!
angry.gif

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
VasikkA said:
I found a bug! In Ostia, in the tavern by the docks Demetrius the seafarer doesn't give me a reward after clearing his cellar of rats. He insists the rat problem exists, even though I totally fried them with liquid fire.
The rats come in three ways. You need to go back and wait for the other two ways to finish the quest.

You really make the life hard for a thief. There's nothing wrong with the thieving aspect of the game per se, but the punishment for getting caught is a bit too harsh don't you think? I mean, having to sit through a 7 year prison sentence(3 months in real time) is getting very boring very fast.
Go to the Options menu and play with the "realism" slider. I suggesting setting it on "Fag".

Another thing that bugs me is the throwing daggers, or the lack of thereof. I can't find them anywhere and I feel that the +1 proficiency was a complete waste of experience points.
It's a role-playing game. While there are only 3 real skills in the game: sword, axe, hammer, we offer more than 30 skills to decorate your character with. You can't pretend that you are sneaking or throwing daggers unless you spent some points on sneaking or throwing. Then you can imagine that you throw a dagger or two at your enemies and *then* finish them off with your sword, axe, or hammer.

Hope that helps!

Noceur

Liturgist
Kingston: Man, getting up this early can't be healthy because that Donald pic is the funniest shit I've seen, feels like.

k_bits

Scholar
Did you equip the cock ring yet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom