Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News How Diablo III's DRM Will Affect You

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Taliseian said:
TBH, Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn are looking better and better.

Same here.

Luzur said:
just wait a week and TPB will have a DRM free version out for download.

problem solved.

Didn't it take over a month for them to crack ubisoft's ass creed 2 distributed drm? And that one wasn't even all that complicated.

turul

Augur
DRM or not, I would only play this if there are dragons in this game. Are there any dragons?

:troll:

Shannow

Waster of Time
Quinn said:
Unfortunately, I agree that D3 is turning into a F2P MMO.

And also unfortunately while this is not what I wanted, with Blizzard being Blizzard and all it was what I expected.

Earlier in development when they said that it would be tied directly into the new BattleNet and that there would be no modding allowed, I all but figured it would end up like this.

TBH, Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn are looking better and better. Shame, because I really liked D2 and still play it every now and then...along with the Eastern Sun mod.

Quinn
You kids don't really understand what "turning", "mmo" and "f2p" mean, do you?
"turning": One can assume that D3 is more or less finished and will receive only minor tweaks a bug-squashing. Thus it is not "turning" into a single player always online with multi-player support game (SPAOWMS) with microtransactions (mt), it (presumably) already has turned out to be a SPAOWMS with mt.
"f2p": The player is not charged for playing the game, but he can spend money for extra stuff (usually a requirement if the game is to be halfway enjoyable). Now if you could (legally) play D3 for free I'd accept all the other nonsense. But not if I'm expected to pay 45€ (or more).
"MMO": Massively Multi-player Online. D3 lacks the "massive" part (but I assume you meant boring mmo grind, which doesn't make any sense either since D1 and D2 already had the gameplay).

:troll:

xemous

Arcane
all the combat is done on the client side now according to some article i read with a youtube video to demonstrate

CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
Luzur said:
just wait a week and TPB will have a DRM free version out for download.

problem solved.

Didn't it take over a month for them to crack ubisoft's ass creed 2 distributed drm? And that one wasn't even all that complicated.

Longer than that for a definitive, reliable crack. I checked in from time to time just to read the comments every time a new test revision came out.

Gord

Arcane
Volourn said:
Don't like Blizzard's DRM crap don't PLAY THEIR FUKKIN' GAME.

Guys & Ladys, Volly is absolutely right here.
Don't give them ideas that you like their shit by pirating it.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Gord said:
Don't give them ideas that you like their shit by pirating it.

I didn't torrent dragon age 2 and they're still making dragon age 3

what do I have to do to make my voice heard

I plan to boycott the dragon age 3 torrent btw

Ecco

Novice
sgc_meltdown said:
I didn't torrent dragon age 2 and they're still making dragon age 3

what do I have to do to make my voice heard

I plan to boycott the dragon age 3 torrent btw

The proper action you're looking for is not "making your voice heard" but "not giving a shit".

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
DraQ said:
Coerce Andharia to suicide bomb EA - 2 birds 1 stone.
hmmm... you might be on to something there.... if we could involve liberal in the whole thing, it would be even better.

DraQ

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
DraQ said:
Coerce Andharia to suicide bomb EA - 2 birds 1 stone.
hmmm... you might be on to something there.... if we could involve liberal in the whole thing, it would be even better.
I'm not sure if librul is a suicide bomber type. But it would be nice - he could take out Activision (since the topic is about Derpblo 3). What about bethesduh?

Needles

Scholar
Blizzard said:
While this news might not be a complete surprise, I know that many of you were hopeful that Diablo III would ship this year. We were too. However, this week we pulled together people from all of the teams involved with the game to decide whether we felt it would be ready before the end of December, and we grudgingly came to the conclusion that it would not. Ultimately, we feel that to deliver an awesome Diablo sequel that lives up to our expectations and yours as well, we should take a little more time and add further polish to a few different elements of the game.

diablo3dev said:
Diablo 3 release moved to 2012? s3.imgimg.de/uploads/d35e86… This will ensure the game is thoroughly hacked on release xD

:blah:

*edit (seems they figured out how to put NPCs in...in variable sizes. No AI yet):

WQMpi.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why does it look like Torchlight?
Why is the map a linear corridor?

Augha

zz

TripJack

Hedonist
who cares what drm it has this game is shit just like all of the other shit diablo games and shit diablo imitation games

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom