Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Horrible news for us weeaboos

Drakron

Arcane
KalosKagathos said:
Please, game, get a Western release.

Well its Atlus so chances is some picks it up.

However knowing my luck, Europe get FailStation 3 only.

Drakron said:
Felix said:
^You forgot the development cost for handheld is significantly cheaper, so that same amount on handheld might make profit while on HD console it's not.

Maybe but handheld games also tend to sell a lot ... granted that the PSP have shitty sales, VGChartz shown that VC eventually sold nearly one million as VC2 sales reached 200,000 after a few weeks and then ended.

I do not think VC as a videogame series is selling, neither the PS3 or PSP games had enough sale for them to keep backing them.

Keep in mind that for large games these days advertising is taking up 75% of the budget. Seeing how I don't think VC had much if any advertising its entirely possible it made a profit even if it moved significantly fewer copies. I can't imagine a game getting two sequels so quickly if it was losing money.

Felix

Arcane
Hobo Elf said:
Some incline here. New trailer for Catherine. Man, this just looks weirder and weirder. Can't fucking wait.
:thumbsup:

Not impressed, but we'll see, hmm, waiting to see some proper gameplay footage to see if Atlus can or cannot into horror and ero. I'm not quick to toss it as incline, it might bomb horribly for all we know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom