Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Horrible news for us weeaboos

KalosKagathos

Learned
1. DMC 5 announced. It's being developed by Heavenly Sword dudes, has a new art style and is officially marketed as "DmC". What.
2. Valkyria Chronicles 3 announced. For motherfucking PSP. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. Fuck.

So, uh, how's the state of PSP emulation?

Felix

Arcane
because the first VC bombed sales wise with more development cost, ffs.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Valkyria Chronicles 3 announced. For motherfucking PSP. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. Fuck.
Damn it.

But that new DMC looks like 100% pure faggotery... it just blows my mind.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Not to forget that the new Yakuza spin off game is gonna be another fucking Zombie survival game. What the fuck Sega? How do you go from making a spiritual successor to Shenmue with Yakuza into a zombie game? How do you do that? :retarded:

KalosKagathos

Learned
Felix said:
because the first VC bombed sales wise with more development cost, ffs.
I don't fucking care. From what I've heard VC2 is Invisble War/Deadly Shadows all over again: small maps due to hardware limitations. Considering that VC maps weren't that big to begin with...

Silellak

Cipher
KalosKagathos said:
Valkyria Chronicles 3
:thumbsup:

For motherfucking PSP.
NooooooooooCat.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Y'know, he really does look like a vampire from that Twilight series...

Felix

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
Valkyria Chronicles 3

Wait, there was a 2?

Don't care about DMC. The game may or may not be good, but the very sight of Dante / Nero / Virgil makes me rage.

on a side note, just noticed something.

Virgil Nero Dante

Ve Nereal Disease

Coincidence? I think not.

Yes, there was a 2, an academy setting with shoujo like vibe lol

anus_pounder

Arcane
Felix said:
Clockwork Knight said:
Valkyria Chronicles 3

Wait, there was a 2?

Don't care about DMC. The game may or may not be good, but the very sight of Dante / Nero / Virgil makes me rage.

Virgil Nero Dante

Ve Nereal Disease

:what:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Rape rApe raPe rapE Rape rApe raPe rapE Rape rApe raPe rapERape rApe raPe rapE Rape rApe raPe rapERape rApe raPe rapERape rApe raPe rapERape rApe raPe rapERape rApe raPe rapERape rApe raPe rapERape rApe raPe rapERape rApe raPe rapERape rApe raPe rapERape rApe raPe rapERape rApe raPe rapEararaotapapppapapaprprpapa<gpglgl.allsdfld.sfwer.eer.www--------------

Felix

Arcane
anus_pounder said:
Felix said:
Clockwork Knight said:
Valkyria Chronicles 3

Wait, there was a 2?

Virgil Nero Dante

Ve Nereal Disease

:what:

961429_141019_front.jpg

valkyria-chronicles-2-scan.jpg

961429_20100906_screen017.jpg

961429_20100615_screen003.jpg

Speak for itself :smug: 3 is supposely more grimdark though.

Drakron

Arcane
But if I recall ALL were commercial failures, VC sold something like 200,000 copies initially as VC2 sold about the same.

Might be doing better due to related merchandising that would explain they keep at it.

DMC is a bit odd but I suppose they just run out of idea and are just keep pumping them out due to name recognition.

Either way, not my problem.

Felix

Arcane
^You forgot the development cost for handheld is significantly cheaper, so that same amount on handheld might make profit while on HD console it's not.

Drakron

Arcane
Felix said:
^You forgot the development cost for handheld is significantly cheaper, so that same amount on handheld might make profit while on HD console it's not.

Maybe but handheld games also tend to sell a lot ... granted that the PSP have shitty sales, VGChartz shown that VC eventually sold nearly one million as VC2 sales reached 200,000 after a few weeks and then ended.

I do not think VC as a videogame series is selling, neither the PS3 or PSP games had enough sale for them to keep backing them.

Of course you are right that the handheld games do not require as much investment for development, that explains why VC is now a PSP game (not a DS game were competition is tougher) and its only a niche game to satisfy the otaku, I doubt VC3 going to be localized.

Felix

Arcane
Well, the price of VC was dropped significantly and pretty quick though, I doubt they can cover the lost with cheap price like that, and the way they stick to PSP, they obviously coudn't.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Hobo Elf said:
Some incline here. New trailer for Catherine. Man, this just looks weirder and weirder. Can't fucking wait.
:thumbsup:
Please, game, get a Western release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom