Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Honkai: Star Rail - It sucks almost as much as mods changing titles

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
There's quite a bit of complexity to building really good teams and fully supporting your carry character. The big benefit of Acherons E2 is that you can drop one Nihility character while still getting the 160% damage multiplier (which is a more% multiplier applied after all the other calculations are done), and slot in a Harmony character that buffs her action economy or gives her massive crit damage or atk% buffs. Sparkle is the obvious candidate here, as you'll be able to swap your SPD for ATK% boots, on top of benefitting from the insane Critdamage buff Sparkle gives. Building less stacks (which is already off-set by her E2 also giving you +1 stack from her Skill), means you'll end up gaining ~40-50% with her E2 alone. It's kind of silly.
Sparkle or Mei Mei, both are good in this case.

Vyvian

Educated
Finally finished Penacony content and I must say Adventurine got way too much screen time for how boring of a character he was.
I'm not fan of "all according to plan" types and their attempts to make me sympathize with him via his tragic backstory fell flat.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Finally finished Penacony content and I must say Adventurine got way too much screen time for how boring of a character he was.
I'm not fan of "all according to plan" types and their attempts to make me sympathize with him via his tragic backstory fell flat.
Males with a chest window already look bad enough. But his one looks especially stupid. It looks like a scrotum.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Males with a chest window already look bad enough. But his one looks especially stupid. It looks like a scrotum.
I mean, it's a spade, cause you know, gambler. But I agree, it doesn't look great.

Overall I didn't mind Aventurine being the protag for most of 2.1, as it not only gave us some more insight into him, but also the IPC and how it operates. So far the IPC seemed to be a "big bad evil IRS" type of deal, but they seemingly also engage in plenty of altruism and trying to keep the galaxy at peace (as long as it benefits them).

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I did sympathize with his backstory a bit, but they went waaaaay to far in trying to get me to do so. Just show me some clips of his backstory and get it over with. Even FGO isn't longwinded enough to have some 30 minute gameplay arc with puzzles and voice acting just to make one faggot seem likeable.

I really dislike the multicharacter narrative they see to be pushing now. It was bad enough playing Dan Heng in Space China, but now we get the perspective of the lispy and flamboyant Aventurine while he hallucinates, and even Captain Boredom himself (Welt) gets to hang out with Acheron while the player is busy solving clock puzzles or whatever.

Vinesauce Joel's joke about Mista applies here.

Vyvian

Educated
I will say Penacony as a whole pretty much saved the game for me. Space China was rough for long periods of time, just dour and bland.
I even got a kick out of the Bartending event quest where you play psychologist to a bunch of robot monsters. The variety of puzzles are more fun as well.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I liked the multidimensional clock puzzles for sure. The story is a lot more personal, even if it does play those dumb POV switches.

Also, I finally got Acheron built to where she's usable. 50%+ CR, 170%+ CD, 3500+ attack. Speed and CR are still weak, but I can use her to clear higher-tier content now. I just need someone like Jingliu to fill in for two-team stuff like memory of chaos.

There's a real sense of accomplishment when farming for decent gear and strengthening a character, but it's such a time and resource consuming process that I don't think I want to do it with more than a couple of characters.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
I liked the multidimensional clock puzzles for sure. The story is a lot more personal, even if it does play those dumb POV switches.

Also, I finally got Acheron built to where she's usable. 50%+ CR, 170%+ CD, 3500+ attack. Speed and CR are still weak, but I can use her to clear higher-tier content now. I just need someone like Jingliu to fill in for two-team stuff like memory of chaos.

There's a real sense of accomplishment when farming for decent gear and strengthening a character, but it's such a time and resource consuming process that I don't think I want to do it with more than a couple of characters.
Jingliu is the second best DPS after Acheron, so I would recommend her for covering MoC. At least at this moment.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Jingliu is the second best DPS after Acheron, so I would recommend her for covering MoC. At least at this moment.
Yeah, I did roll for her on her banner, but I had no idea how cracked she was or I might have grinded for the quartz to keep rolling.

Follow up attack teams look fun too though. I at least have Himeko now thanks to a failed 50/50.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Yes, Pure Fiction is probably the best mode in this game, watching all enemies just melt away.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Jingliu is also the easiest main DPS to build. Because she gets +50% crit rating when in her damage state.

Vyvian

Educated
I wasted all my juice gunning for Jingliu and did not get her.
Literally every spare Jade even their gifts is gone and all I have to show for it is an E6 Luka and a fucking Welt who stole her 50/50 spot.
Robin looks good too so I think I need to save if I want any shot.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I wasted all my juice gunning for Jingliu and did not get her.
At this point, I've learned to not roll at all if I don't have enough to hard pity. I must have hit pity on at least 3 or 4 characters by now. Hard pity twice.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
After getting pretty lucky early on, I'm below 50% success rate on character banners now as well. Sucks. Currently saving for Firefly+Jade, which will be coming one after another most likely, so it's gonna be tough to get both and potentially sig LCs.
cfcD1mD.png

Literally every spare Jade even their gifts is gone and all I have to show for it is an E6 Luka and a fucking Welt who stole her 50/50 spot.
What about unlocking stuff in SU? There's a fuckton of jades in there, especially if you haven't fully finished Swarm Disaster or Golden Gears yet.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Neither are particularly attractive, but face for radio and all that.

The Allegra Clark isn't a tranny afaik, if you're trying to imply that. She just has a masculine face and bushy eyebrows. She is a liberal though and describes herself as "queer" on Twitter.

The Chinawoman is more feminine looking, but that's down to her genetics, not anyone's choice.

Vyvian

Educated
My Acheron decimates pretty much everything so her VA could have a full beard and I would not care.

She's kind of a ridiculously powerful character honestly.

Tyrr

Liturgist
My Acheron decimates pretty much everything so her VA could have a full beard and I would not care.

She's kind of a ridiculously powerful character honestly.
During the current battle event every battle has different rules and buffs. The idea is that you carefully craft a different team for each battle.
I just use my Acheron team for every battle, without even reading most of the different rules. And still clear everything.

Also:
lR1ODBJ.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom