Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HoMM5 Kicks StarForce to the Curb

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Can anyone beat the scenario that comes with the demo? I played the first mission, then skipped the second because it is seriously no fun, then tried the scenario under Custom Maps.

In the scenario, it's basically 1 hero versus 1 hero...I haven't been able to beat it by such a margain it's not funny. After a few dozen rounds or so, I end up attacked by the enemy knight. I have maybe 100 succubi, 100 of the melee monsters, a dozen hell unicorns and a dozen of the monsters with the broken swords, and I'm fighting 500+ conscripts, 200+ crossbowmen, 9 archangels, 21 paladins, and 25 or so inquisitors.

I don't know if the computer starts out with that and you are just supposed to avoid him until you have more, of if I'm doing something wrong.

Anyone else beat it?

Balor

Arcane
Dunno about realtime, but I, myself, think that the system they have now is a definite improvement over vanilla TB. But, again, I'm for logic, realism, and progress not 'spirit and tradition'.
I'm not a fundie :P.

Jason

chasing a bee
"Anyone else beat it?"

I haven't been able to get it working because of technical reasons or I'm retarded. Several folks are complaining about the difficulty at the official forum, although some have had no problem with it. Here's a thread about it with some complaints and advice.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The game isn't "difficult" there are just some pretty annoying parts. Like, the second of the two campaign missions has you with a tiny army, and you have to cross the map about three times while being chased by two guys with massive armies that you simply cannot defeat no matter how good you are. And like I said, the scenario has something similar.

As it turns out, someone in the Strategy forum gave me the same advice I used just before going there, just to avoid him and steal his town, and that gave me the victory conditions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom