Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HoMM

octavius

Arcane
Patron
ElectricOtter said:
I've been on a bit of a TBS kick lately, so I dusted off my old copy of HoMM1 and, through a few small miracles, got it to work with DOSbox. Holy shit, I forgot how fun it was. It doesn't have much in the way of music (compared to the other games in the series) but it is very, very enjoyable. Sure, it's kind of overshadowed by 2 and 3, but I had great fun with it. I did notice that it seems to be a little harder that HoMM3 on higher difficulties.

I tried HoMM 1 myself recently, but I noticed that the AI was the much, much worse then I remembered from the first time I played it...

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
octavius said:
ElectricOtter said:
I've been on a bit of a TBS kick lately, so I dusted off my old copy of HoMM1 and, through a few small miracles, got it to work with DOSbox. Holy shit, I forgot how fun it was. It doesn't have much in the way of music (compared to the other games in the series) but it is very, very enjoyable. Sure, it's kind of overshadowed by 2 and 3, but I had great fun with it. I did notice that it seems to be a little harder that HoMM3 on higher difficulties.

I tried HoMM 1 myself recently, but I noticed that the AI was the much, much worse then I remembered from the first time I played it...

HoMM2 is still really good though, to point out the obvious.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Disciples III should still get released this year. Maybe. If they feel like it.

One never knows with those russkies.

Also, where the hell is King's Bounty: Armored Princess?

crazy_dave

Educated
Turisas said:
Disciples III should still get released this year. Maybe. If they feel like it.

One never knows with those russkies.

Also, where the hell is King's Bounty: Armored Princess?

Disciples 3 should be good... If they release it... :x Armored Princess should be out 30th October 2009 - English version...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom