Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HoMM 6 leaked

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
It's not as bad as I supposed it to be, but definitely not as good as I wanted it to be.
I consider HoMM- MMH VI! similarly to IV - an experiment, an attempt to add something new to the formula - but mostly a failed one. I'll get around to write more later today.

tindrli

Arcane
Destroid said:
HoMaM is no more... this is the MaMH!

I got tired of the gamplay at HoMaM 3.

i grew up with HOMM and since we all knows the situation about games nowadays .. DOWNLOADING!!!!! E.T.A. 3h:15 min :love:

Grunker said:
Playing it now.

Shit. Mr. Grunker i wonder how did you obtain it by direct or seeds/peers

Darskin

Novice
Game is pretty decent, but not for what it is :smug:

Oh, and I fucking hate the voice acting in the campaigns :x

relootz

Scholar
i bought the CE edition, shame on you pirating faggots.

I want to support the HOMM series even if this game is mediocre

relootz

Scholar
anus_pounder said:
Muad'dib, what exactly is this dynasty function pirates miss out on ?

haven't unpacked it yet!

MetalCraze said:
Pirates miss out on supporting mediocrity to make HoMM7 even worse.

Your a fan or you are not. Its a real nostalgia trip for me.

And it is only 60 euro's which doesn't affect me.

Lets hope its better then expected :)

anus_pounder

Arcane
The 'City Movie' does change, but only major changes like walls and the town upgrade changes it. Barracks/Creature Pens don't show.

A complaint of mine is that I would've preferred III's Fortress Marsh Dwellers over VI's Sanctuary.

tindrli

Arcane
relootz said:
anus_pounder said:
Muad'dib, what exactly is this dynasty function pirates miss out on ?

haven't unpacked it yet!

MetalCraze said:
Pirates miss out on supporting mediocrity to make HoMM7 even worse.

Your a fan or you are not. Its a real nostalgia trip for me.

And it is only 60 euro's which doesn't affect me.

Lets hope its better then expected :)

fuck you. i need to work 18 days to gain 60 damn euros!!!! how the fuck can i afford the damn thing!!!!

Bulba

Learned
By the 6 th game I would have thought that the game would come up with something new, but its the same old shit that was in HoMaM 2 , even the 4th one was more innovative.

IMHO these guys need to move towards grand stategies with this staff (like EU3), but as it is, i would give it 1/10 ( I thoght that 3rd gameplay was way better)

octavius

Arcane
Patron
curry said:
One thing that I don't like at all is that the game wants you to log in to some crappy online shit all the time, and if you play in offline mode, you'll miss out some stuff. :roll:

Which is why I won't buy it. And why it is all the more tempting become the very pirate that Ubisoft think they are combating by alienating honest gamers.

relootz

Scholar
octavius said:
curry said:
One thing that I don't like at all is that the game wants you to log in to some crappy online shit all the time, and if you play in offline mode, you'll miss out some stuff. :roll:

Which is why I won't buy it. And why it is all the more tempting become the very pirate that Ubisoft think they are combating by alienating honest gamers.

That sucks balls, but a lot of games seem to be moving into this direction.

I'd rather not have it but i already have one of those useless ubisoft accounts from playing the beta so yeah why not.

xemous

Arcane
all homm games are boring and repetitive i never understood the appeal

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Fugly interface. All the icons are too small. I can't view creatures even in the way HoMM III allowed, let alone enjoy the closeups from HoMM V, Same for hero portraits. Necropolis theme lacks that 'something' the themes from III and V had. Skills that need to be unlocked are barely distinguishable from skills that are unlocked but still need to be bought. The Town Screen Syndrome (tm)(R)(c)

Skill selection looks decent enough. Gorgeous creature models in combat.

kris

Arcane
I tried it yesterday and discovered two things. First I couldn't play hotseat, I can choose to play hotseat, but I can't add more than one human player. Possibly there is some hidden button I can't find, otherwise I don't get it. Best times with those games were had in hotseat.

Second was that the game seemed to make it really hard to beat someone (skirmish). That is because armies can teleport back to the homecity and you can't take over their mines without permantely posting an army there. So they can just sit there in their castle and build up their army, while you will be forced to ship over more units just to keep them there. I tried to attack them, but to no avail. While they couldn't beat me in the open field, well didn't even try.

ZbojLamignat

Educated
Holy shit, this game is so dumb I can't even be bothered to rant about it :lol:

My favourite innovation thus far - units divided into three tiers with tier one actually being the most powerful :salute:

tindrli

Arcane
Storyfag said:
Also, am I dumb or are the hero biographies gone?

nop. the biographies are there. but you cant view them while choosing main hero. later, once you start the game, on on main inventory screen look for the small scroll icon on the middle top left or in that area.. most of the heroes do have bio.

Shit they removed mercury and gems. AND FOR SOME DAMN REASON I CANT CAPTURE ENEMY MINES!!!!.
and magic sucks at least in my game, and every retard including AI can build town portal shit so no more suprise take overs.. FFS

2/5

ZbojLamignat

Educated
For years the HoM&M community knew that town portal breaks the game completely and must be banned in official matches so now we get it as an easily accessible feature for all the castles and heroes, get the fuck in there, this is so next gen that I will make an X360 port myself if they won't do it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom