Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:hmmm:

LoL those retards put half the normal shit like leveling skills and picklocking,behind the main quest. It really kills the exploration vibe. The lockpick spell is like two thirds in the main quest.

The lockpick spell is like two thirds in the main quest.
:argh:

Was wondering when I get to pick those locks. And anyway the rewards is probably some some 'tard hat which has +1 attribute over current equipment.
Itemization is perhaps the most infuriating thing about this game. The exploration setup on itself is nice, but then when you are done exploring you are rewarded with some gross looking glasses.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Frankly does this game have memory leak or are just developers idiots and set game to 16 GB RAM, when OS NEEDS at least 2 GB to stay functional without swaping?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
He means Uganda. You know, the country that didn't exist in the 1800s.
Uganda became a British protectorate in the 1890s so that part actually fits. Though I'm impressed the girl adopted the vernacular of her colonial masters so quickly and calls her country Uganda instead of Buganda.
Well the newspaper says 1890, and Uganda become colony in 1893. So that's bit late.

Also it's against common sense they would add someone with different teaching tradition into a teacher position. It's a prestige university it needs to keep its traditions and expectations.

Only idiots would add someone into high state position only because it's an exotics. It was in era of xenophobic self-centered British empire. Obviously they would strictly toe government line and traditions.

Avarize

Magister
He means Uganda. You know, the country that didn't exist in the 1800s.
Uganda became a British protectorate in the 1890s so that part actually fits. Though I'm impressed the girl adopted the vernacular of her colonial masters so quickly and calls her country Uganda instead of Buganda.
Well the newspaper says 1890, and Uganda become colony in 1893. So that's bit late.

Also it's against common sense they would add someone with different teaching tradition into a teacher position. It's a prestige university it needs to keep its traditions and expectations.

Only idiots would add someone into high state position only because it's an exotics. It was in era of xenophobic self-centered British empire. Obviously they would strictly toe government line and traditions.
I don't really disagree. The Uganda girl makes sense in theory but the implementation is pretty shit. She's still the best diverse character though because she is the only one who's presence has an explanation.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:deathclaw:

LoL you fucks,nobody cares about wakanda girl,the school is filled with negros and chinks lol. It is clear that it takes place in modern times.

Lambach

Arcane
It is clear that it takes place in modern times.

The books/movies take place in modern times (1990's) and there are almost no non-whites in Hogwarts then.

The only logical conclusion is that the game does indeed take place in the past, but somewhere during 20th century, the famous Wizard Adolfs Hitlermore became Headmaster and expelled the non-whites and set a policy not to admit them anymore.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Lordy! Hitler was on my mind reading about the Chinkers in Cleve's new thread. Its like a prophecy.....

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So... I played the Empress edition for a few minutes and stopped because the ambient occlusion is so broken - the shadows disappear around characters and on the edges of the screen. So I found a supposed fix (use RT AO with an added line to engine.ini) but it doesn't work. Is this an Empress issue or is this how the game looks like right now on Steam?
Yes, she messed with some graphic rendering stuff with the excuse of "improving" the game visuals.

And apart from trash loot the game has strickt level scaling.
Game would be better doing away with the leveling, and instead award talent points for exploration, but I guess investors demand some pointless reward system in the game.
And still is better than most current AAA pseudoRPG.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Game would be better doing away with the leveling, and instead award talent points for exploration, but I guess investors demand some pointless reward system in the game.
Not really,the levels are just recommended there is no level scailling. I have beaten enemies that are like 10 levels above me.

Not really,the levels are just recommended there is no level scailling. I have beaten enemies that are like 10 levels above me.
Every cunt I've seen was +0 +1 levels from me. On hard.

vota DC

Augur

LoL those retards put half the normal shit like leveling skills and picklocking,behind the main quest. It really kills the exploration vibe. The lockpick spell is like two thirds in the main quest.
You get many lessons with silly enchantments before but It doesn't seems that late, you get It earlier than crafting (items, not potions or plants) and animal taming. It Is a lot later than I expected.....I was using a BLACK wizard using DARK arts roleplay wise would be my first choice for my character....also you don't even get It from a teacher!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

You get many lessons with silly enchantments before but It doesn't seems that late, you get It earlier than crafting (items, not potions or plants) and animal taming. It Is a lot later than I expected.....I was using a BLACK wizard using DARK arts roleplay wise would be my first choice for my character....also you don't even get It from a teacher!
Depends if you know when you are getting it and bline it. If you spend your time exploring and searching for shit while wondering what you have to do to get the skill,you will spend a lot of time doing that shit lol. It is pretty idiotic how they gate exploration elements behind the main quest.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Is Empress a feminist icon?
Russian feminism perhaps. She reminds me of a Russian lesbian radfem from the 10s who called herself redkatherinee and posted a lot of edgy art on tumblr
EtFhJ_PXEAMxvll.jpg

80f.png

tumblr_pcln6pkgGO1qfhp6fo1_540.png

16f04ed4cd463a947b9713c292d4ccd07d38192a.png
Harsh people no matter the ideology.

Elttharion

Learned

One of the vtubers harassed by the trannies is retiring.

Trannies are sad because more people will be transphobes now and they are playing the victim.

This shit is trending on twitter. /vt/ and the farms are imploding calling for the troons to rope themselves.

This game is the gift that keeps on giving. I dont think I ever had so much fun for free in my life.

:bounce:

Zanthia

Novice
Russian feminism perhaps. She reminds me of a Russian lesbian radfem from the 10s who called herself redkatherinee and posted a lot of edgy art on tumblr
I can't make up my mind about Empress (but, if they're not a woman, it's at least a high-effort impersonation) but she's nothing like redkatherinee. Lesbian feminists don't talk like that wherever they're from.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom