Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

Dev_Anj

Learned
So guys, I'm not really digging this misogynistic concept of Hitman. Are there any news on when we'll get to Hitwoman?

You joke, but there's someone who's been working on making a Hitman clone where the player gets to choose the character's gender. It actually looks alright for a prototype:

http://www.hitmanforum.com/t/wetwork-mission-zero/4424

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Technically there was also console trash game 'WET' but it's an tps action game. But hey, the character was a female assassin ("problem solver" in console speak).

spectre

Arcane
MMO elements in muh single player game? Fuck you, this will not stand.
Though I'll still probably demo it when the full game comes out
:negative:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this elusive target thing limited to 48 hours in real life? So if someone has a life, and goes on a vacation, they miss out on gameplay? Is that supposed to be cool?
Yes. It's supposed to keep players engaged in real time, even after they've done the basic content. It's OK if you don't like it, but there is an obvious appeal there.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Is this elusive target thing limited to 48 hours in real life? So if someone has a life, and goes on a vacation, they miss out on gameplay? Is that supposed to be cool?
Yes. It's supposed to keep players engaged in real time, even after they've done the basic content. It's OK if you don't like it, but there is an obvious appeal there.

Hm I just think 48 hours is an absurdly small window. What would be wrong with at least a week?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
MMO elements in muh single player game? Fuck you, this will not stand.
Though I'll still probably demo it when the full game comes out
:negative:

You probably won't, because it's online only. Those fuckers.

spectre

Arcane
I've just looked into the torrents and it seems episode I isn't cracked yet. Oh well, fuck them. If you insist on not taking my money...

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, 2016 is not a good year for piracy so far and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Only a bad thing for broke ass potato niggers with no money.

Honestly, most games can be had for like 20-30 bux Shit's cheap yo.

A cocktail on a night out usually costs shitloads more per how much you get out of it.

Hitman is a great game with some noticeable flaws, but great. You shouldn't pirate it.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Girls, esteemed gentlemen of finer tastes and generally people with fuckloads of moni.

Also people who dislike the taste of beer (not that I do, though, I luv beer)

Doktor Best

Arcane
There are also cocktails for men, though i prefer beer and scotch.

And Intinium is right. Pirating was relevant when you were a teenager and had better things to do with your pocketmoney, but when you proceed to do it in your 30s youre a cheap cunt and nothing more.

spectre

Arcane
I can live with being officially a cheap cunt.
Can you live with the knowledge that you're endorsing this cretinous scheme of selling an unfinished game in multiple parts? You probably can, and that's the reason we can't have nice things anymore.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hm I just think 48 hours is an absurdly small window. What would be wrong with at least a week?
48 hours is perfect. You're supposed to be going to your job, at the office all day thinking, oh boy, when I get home I'm going to take my shot at that mission before it disappears. Things will come up often, tonight is my daughter's recital, I have to go pick up the dry cleaning, whatever, so there is an extra buffer of one day. If the window opened for a week, you'd think, oh, I'll do it later, and then forget about it. Believe me, they thought it through. And remember, they're not charging extra money for these or anything, they're just trying to keep players excited and having fun with it. 48 is a great number. Though come to think of it I'm a bit surprised they didn't do 47 because they seem to love being cute like that.

I've just looked into the torrents and it seems episode I isn't cracked yet. Oh well, fuck them. If you insist on not taking my money...
Haha. Making your product hard to steal is not bad for business. I agree that a proper free demo would be the smartest way to go, but failing that, a $15 barrier of entry is far lower than I'd expect for a AAA.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I can live with being officially a cheap cunt.
Can you live with the knowledge that you're endorsing this cretinous scheme of selling an unfinished game in multiple parts? You probably can, and that's the reason we can't have nice things anymore.

Well why dont you simply not buy it and play something else then? Or wait until it is in a price range that you deem appropiate?

spectre

Arcane
Aye, I will do just that, as it is the sensible thing to do.

You might call it bitching for bitching's sake (welcome to the codex, luv), but I really despise this business model and I'd hate to see it catch on.
It's not that can't afford the $15 or $60, I just don't see the point in buying either the glorified demo or sugarcoated early access.
Voting with my wallet for as much as it's worth (not a lot).

Nah he rather whine like a wanker.
It's been a slippery slope for a long time. The publishers are gladly stripping your rights as a consumer one by one. Remember when you actually owned the game and could resell it? Remember when a boxed version actually had some memorable stuff in it to justify the cost? Remember when you could actually get a complete and working game for your money?

Enjoy that cock up your silly gob.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Yeah, but i also remember the hassle of switching cds, far higher prices, buying shitgames because informing yourself about games on the internet was not a thing yet, having a far smaller variety of games to choose from.

There were also many many unfinished games back then also, or addons that were nothing more than a glorified map pack.

The games market nowadays is a buyers market. With all the games released in the last couple of years and the steep pricedrops in sales and bundles we can simply choose from a magnitude of good offers. I am very rarely buying the newest games nowadays simply because i have like 500 games in my backlog, of which atleast half is of decent quality, and i could easily play one of those and wait for the price to drop.

I dont even disagree with you if you say that the pricing on the new hitman is too high. But if you pirate it and pay nothing you will not signal those developers that you didnt like their pricing policy, you will simply signal them that there is no interest in a new hitman game at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom