Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hibernaculum gets Steam page, coming Q4 2025

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Hibernaculum; Victor Pflug

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2789020/Hibernaculum/

WHAT IS HIBERNACULUM?
  • Hibernaculum is a retro inspired dungeon crawler that sets out to recreate the engrossing labyrinthine experiences of the classics of days gone by, whilst also building a modern, deeply unique & explorable world of survival, mystery and macabre intrigue.
  • Hibernaculum is a first person sci-fi/horror role playing game with survival horror roots.
  • Create a unique character to explore the depths of Hibernaculum & have the experience you want to have. Choices only matter, if they matter to you.
  • Non-linear gameplay allows for exploration at your own pace, and in your own fashion. Forge ahead and risk calamity or riches. Conversely, pace yourself and avoid harm.
  • Navigate a decayed industrial realm through environmental storytelling and a unique, brooding atmosphere.
  • Hibernaculum will be developed in C++ for PC (Windows) & Mac with hopes for porting to iOS & Nintendo Switch.
  • Hibernaculum will initially be available in English, French, German & Spanish.
  • Hibernaculum will be released DRM-free & available on Steam & GoG.
Hibernaculum has a sharp focus on exploration and atmosphere with a penchant for allowing the player to discover, uncover, salvage and piece together the mysteries of the Ship whilst emphasising mechanics that allow for emergent gameplay amidst the matrices of survival, combat and character progression.

With a raft of modern conveniences such as an on-screen minimap + waypoints, more aesthetic and navigable maps + hub areas, a more concise and efficient stat/combat system as well as many other UI and quality of life features we hope to make Hibernaculum the most playable, expansive, intriguing and absorbing game of it's type since the heyday of these games; the long forgotten primeval epoch of 1995.​

AdolfSatan

Arcane
All I see are graphics yet so far there’s been no mention about game mechanics in any way that I know of.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
All I see are graphics yet so far there’s been no mention about game mechanics in any way that I know of.
Come on man, what else do you want? It's the "PST - Fallout - Captive - Lands of Lore - BDrebirth - 40K - Anvil of Dawn - Black Crypt - Waxworks - Elvira - Stonekeep - Dungeon Hack - The Legacy - Silent Hill - Darkwood" game you've been asking for.

Dr1f7

Scholar
  • looks cool good art
  • music sucks get someone else to make the music
  • sound effects, however, are very good
  • really a game like this should take 6 months to make not 4 years

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Game looks good, but movement could be a lot smoother... I wasn't clear from the video whether combat is real time?
This.
I hate the "dancing around enemies" mechanics many real-time games of this type have. If combat is RT the authors can probably forget my money.
Otherwise somewhat interested. Great graphic style and SF/horror is a nice change of pace from most dungeon crawlers.

Suger

Literate
It reminds me a lot of Primordia, also on Steam : colors, visuals, aesthetic.
Seems interesting, at least worth keeping an eye on.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
"Recreate", "modernize", "choices only matter, if they matter to you" lol, "we hope to make Hiberposerium the most playable, expansive, intriguing and absorbing game of its type since the heyday of these games; the long forgotten primeval epoch of 1995" hopw roewur ne
"emergent" gameplay by salvaging trash and avoiding harm, every description oozes poserium.

Victor Pflug You should take lessons from the Maphaldo guys Mr. successful, use less fancy hollow words show more.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I believe it's a first-person blobber with a focus on ranged combat with adventure-style puzzles and the odd choice where you can do something risky to get something valuable. At least, that's the impression I've gotten from following it along since Viktor started posting about it here.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
I believe it's a first-person blobber with a focus on ranged combat with adventure-style puzzles
It's a solo dungeon crawler not a blobber - "Create a unique character"
Secondly, there's nowhere any mention about puzzles, just fancy words about immersium and fabulously optimistic shit. Even if the puzzles exist, why should one trust the poser? Primordia "their masterpiece", was a very easy short and limited game overall.

We're talking about a game that was pitched here 2 years ago and even you that you're following it, can't say for sure what to expect.
Compare this to Mystic Land: The Search for Maphaldo for example, a game pitched a few months ago, and we already know what the game is about, the dev is a humble, non-poser dude posting constantly informative and crystal clear stuff without over-promising shit.

Irminsul

Literate

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
MRY what's your take on the opening "From the creator of Primordia." in the trailer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom