Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hey everybody's making fallout 3 thread so why not ME2

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Looks like ME is getting the Hollywood treatment.

All i gots to say is...

Awesome news.

That said, as long as the movie is at least 'okay'; I'll be happy. I don't expect a classic movie just an acceptably entertaining one.

Of course, let us cue up the Codex I N T E R N E T W H I N I N G over it depsite the Codex being 33% of this movie's core audience.

R00fles!

roll-a-die

Magister
Volourn said:
Looks like ME is getting the Hollywood treatment.

All i gots to say is...

Awesome news.

That said, as long as the movie is at least 'okay'; I'll be happy. I don't expect a classic movie just an acceptably entertaining one.

Of course, let us cue up the Codex I N T E R N E T W H I N I N G over it despite the Codex being 33% of this movie's core audience.

R00fles!

Holy shit, Volourn actually saying something moderate about a bioware game and it's relevant criticism. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg06RvVzzdM#t=1m19s

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I criticize BIO all the time. Dumbass. In fact, I criticzed BIO in my first first Codex post, dipshit. FFS

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Dunno, I haven't posted all that much about BIO in the last month, and if I have it was probably to smack down some lame over exaggertaing shithead. *shrug*

Pablosdog

Prophet
Mass effect 2 had a better storyline than OC NWN, and a better storyline than Kotor. So what? It's probably bioware's best game since Bg2 and it's not even an rpg.

Stop the bitching and start the truth for fucks sake.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Pablosdog said:
Mass effect 2 had a better storyline than OC NWN, and a better storyline than Kotor.

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

At least you didn't say it has better story Jade Empire, the famous masterpiece!

Pablosdog

Prophet
Your kidding me right? Nwn Oc has a better storyline than Me2? How is that? With the generic plague storyline and hidden coverup and plot twist you can see a mile away? At least Me2 had some interesting characters.

it was kotor 2 that really showed how good a star wars game can be(in terms of storytelling) Kotor really just laid the groundwork, and its storytelling is too barebones and uninspired to amount to anything other than that. (Canderous,Hk47 and Jolee were pretty cool though)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
ME2 was fun. I don't really give a damn about the quality of the plot because it's a fucking action game and B grade science fiction.

denizsi

Arcane
I know what's going on in this thread, retards are arguing with retards about retarded popamole console shit made for retarded consoltards.

Eat shit and die, bitches Enjoy your consolization, Codex.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Serious_Business said:
The story was just a pretext to have you run around shooting things, just like ME1, except that it was probably less pretentious.

Yes it was which is why he had an issue with it. Geeeyacks like pretentious.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Pablosdog said:
Your kidding me right? Nwn Oc has a better storyline than Me2? How is that? With the generic plague storyline and hidden coverup and plot twist you can see a mile away? At least Me2 had some interesting characters.

Which is really the only thing it has going for it. The plot is contrived; nearly completely separated from ME1; full of holes big enough for exactly replicated Normandy to fly through; and several other issues. Not to mention that the ending is probably the worst offender Bioware has gives us so far. At leat NWN had a semi-decent villains working against you.

It's not really a question of ME2 over NWN or the other way around - they are mostly the same shit which is why I posted that image - and arguing that ME2 has good plot because its better than NWN or KotOR is not actually a merit at all. It's like telling somehow how great athletes they are when they beat cripples in sports.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
GarfunkeL said:
Pablosdog said:
Mass effect 2 had a better storyline than OC NWN, and a better storyline than Kotor.

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

At least you didn't say it has better story Jade Empire, the famous masterpiece!

ME 2's plot was better than NWN's OC. ME 2 had a plot that lacked basic logic as did NWN's. The difference is ME 2's writing, dialog, and voice acting did a yeoman's job of distracting you. NWN's writing, dialog, and voice acting were terrible.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Hey, at least the villain leads a fucking big army to crush Neverwinter after the hero has foiled their subversion-plan. What do the Collectors/Reapers do? Rig one ambush for you and that's it.

In ME2 you spend most of the game dealing with the issues of your companions, where as in NWN you spend most of the game finding stuff about the villain and foiling her plans. Even if its bog-standard fantasy tripe where you go through the minions first and then the dragon and finally to the other realm, at least I don't have to RP a psychobabbling therapist to a bunch of freaks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom