Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hexen II sourceports

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I use the same one I use for Doom and Heretic/Hexen1... GZDoom I think it is called? Works great. The one I last used for Wolfenstein 3D sucked ass though, need to find a new one for that game.

Waiting patiently for the Dark Forces port.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Fowyr said:
Try Deathkings some more. Or you may return to it after Hexen 2.
Also I always play as Mage and finished both Hexen and Deathkings on Warlock. It's not really hard.
Probably the all-ranged weapons balancing it out for Mages then, because all the rest of their stats are shit. I usually play Warrior and Cleric anyway on HeXen. Also, yeah, I think I will try Deathkings again as a Warrior, it's much more my suited class, just hack 'n slashing everything.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Reconite said:
Fowyr said:
Try Deathkings some more. Or you may return to it after Hexen 2.
Also I always play as Mage and finished both Hexen and Deathkings on Warlock. It's not really hard.
Probably the all-ranged weapons balancing it out for Mages then, because all the rest of their stats are shit.
Yes, main weapons of Mage is mobility and Saphire Wand.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
DalekFlay said:
Waiting patiently for the Dark Forces port.
And what do you know, Lucius just released a new build! Fuck yeah!

And the best news? all levels are now completeable, except glitchy final boss. FUCK YEAH.

Of the few major porters still around, I have the most respect for Lucius because he DOES deliver. He goes away for months at a time, sometimes really makes you think he's dropped it for good... but every single time he's come back, said he was going back to work, then a month later released a new build with lots of new stuff. This guy's just incredible.

Now, if once he finishes DarkXL he goes back and does the same with DaggerXL... :love:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I feel the same, his shit don't stink so far. Thanks for the heads up on the new build, I'll get it right away.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom