Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hero's Adventure: Road to Passion - Wuxia Pixelated Isometric Open-World Sandbox RPG with Turn-Based Combat

Latro

Arcane

If you liked Tales of Wuxia and wanted more of that without the minigame grind you’ll probably love this. Pretty addicting game leaving EA in about two weeks

Jinn

You’ll like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jinn

Arcane
I've definitely been eying this one up for quite some time. I've gotten burned in recent years trying to strongarm my way through frankly unacceptable translations, so I always try to hold off until I know it's at least decent, and not some word puzzle I have to rearrange in my head with every line.

So I guess the real question is how is the translation? I have no doubt I'd love the gameplay itself.

Latro

Arcane
Better than Tales of Wuxia but with occasional grammatical errors and sometimes straight up nonsense (usually late game or random small side content). I’ve only seen about two strings of untranslated Chinese text, so it’s not perfect but perfectly playable- I wish Tales of Wuxia was up to this level.

Jinn

Arcane
I wish Tales of Wuxia was up to this level.
Perfect, all I really needed to know! I'll probably wait for it to fully come out of Early Access, but it's entering my small purchase backlog now.

Thank you, Latro!

Latro

Arcane
Minor notes I’d like to add: my first full playthrough (not actually done yet) is currently at 30 hours, there’s enough C&C in the game to justify new playthroughs. There is some grinding expected of you, but the game provides “sparring” with named sect leaders to make it easier or even quite fast. According to the devs there will be about ten full endings available in 1.0.

Modron , you’ll probably like it too. Easiest $20~ purchase I’ve made on steam.

Latro

Arcane
Does this have romance?
You can marry female companions and it has a special harem ending for marrying all 7 girls
Does it become an actual relationship or is it more like "friends" that just happened to get married by me spamming gifts?
The latter, but most (all?) of the girls have relationship quest lines, it’s not romance like BG2 or anything.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
The game will be launching into 1.0 on November 16th with full English translation funded by the success of the game in Early Access. The current English translation is a community-driven effort that will be replaced on release—though as always with one of the hardest languages in the world to translate to English, I'd expect some imperfections when that does come. There's a reason that even classic Wuxia novels have taken decades to come to the English-speaking world.

ss_eff189bb5a4eaaed22ac9e224c25a5f6bb52036c.jpg

ss_452cc2191c54b1c8e5d8c4fe19b706cb35ac5677.jpg

ss_5d180a833386ee4ac5683e21a85cf85666f11235.jpg

ss_641427aa460969c03b15130dcb27e28de80bd7d9.jpg

Hero's Adventure:Road to Passion is a wuxia open-world RPG as well as a pixelated Jianghu survival simulator where you start as a nobody and struggle your way to rise in the world of martial arts.

The Early Access version is now available,and the community English version is now out.

Game Features​

• [More than 100 types of martiarl arts]

Fist, Palm, Blade, Sword, Spear, Staff, Musical Instruments, Internal and External Technique, everything can be combined together. You can focus on one style to completely master it, or be a jack-of-all-trade and learn everything, the choice is yours.
    %E6%AD%A6%E5%8A%9F.gif

• [Non-linear gameplay]

There is no ""main route"" in this game, player can freely choose their own way in the Jianghu world."
    %E9%80%89%E6%8B%A9.gif

• [Various interactions with NPC]

Become friends with Jianghu men and women from all around the world, maneuver your way around many Jianghu factions and create your own relationship network.
    %E6%B4%AA%E5%B0%8F%E6%B0%94.gif

• [Realistic Jianghu with opportunities and risks]

There aren't simple black or white in the Jianghu world, not everything should be solved with brute force, try different methods for different circumstances and see the different results.
    %E7%89%A2%E6%88%BF1.gif

• [Lively and natural wuxia world]

Real time progression in the world following player's action, every NPC have their own life activities AI.
    %E6%97%A5%E5%A4%9C.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
People call it 2D Baldur's Gate?! Now I'm hype, can't wait to try the game for myself when it's released.

Hero's Adventure: Road to Passion 1.0 Release
Fellow adventurers,

We are grateful to share that, after some eight months of Early Access, Hero’s Adventure will be launching into 1.0 on November 16th with full English translation!

7fe0264340cde2f7eaf1cc1793868f7ffb9c43a2.png

We embarked on this journey with Hero’s Adventure to create a realm that honors the wuxia tradition. Throughout Early Access, the absence of English localization may have been a barrier for many. However, the supportive gestures from our community - including the creation of an English mod by dedicated players, have been genuinely encouraging. As we transition into 1.0, we’re now able to provide full English translation, a step made possible by the collective effort and invaluable feedback from our global community. Your support has not only bridged the linguistic gap but also enriched our journey thus far, making this a meaningful moment for all of us.

Hero's Adventure is an open-world RPG deeply rooted in wuxia - a realm where honor, justice, and the pursuit of the righteous path are the lifeblood of every adventurer. It’s about transcending the ordinary through martial arts, forging friendships in the heat of the battle, and daily endeavors toward justice. The thrill of adventure, bonds formed along the journey, and the choices defining your path are the essence of Hero’s Adventure.

These tales continue to draw people into a genre filled with a rich tradition of storytelling, and this is the very essence we hope to capture in Hero’s Adventure. As you step into the game, you’re living the Jianghu world, facing the trials and tribulations that come with the pursuit of martial excellence.

dade7e14b7d6ba354d3dd7696bd4d7db92fd4a9e.png

If you haven’t had the chance to try Hero’s Adventure or are still on the fence, we totally understand and will say this: Hero’s Adventure is not going to be a game for everyone, but for those who appreciate open-ended explorations, dynamic kungfu showdowns, and evolving narratives, this is their Wuxia fantasy. An analogy that made us chuckle was calling the game a 2D Baldur’s Gate (we love Baldur’s Gate but would never dare compare our project to such a legend).

c389cdc811052ca48e89939c18e47bc2ed628ddf.png

ac5c070cf6b9854b82ab92a865a73a39b7522127.png

3fdc5637eb07eaa126f623cc51b62a19e89d8705.png

Full disclosure, given the extensive narrative present in the original script, the current English localization is far from perfection. Now, more than ever, we welcome your feedback and suggestions to help us improve legibility and ensure an authentic wuxia storytelling experience.

Embark on Your Own Adventure:
Some aspire to be legendary swordsmen, defenders of the weak, and champions of justice, while others seek the path of a Taoist priest, honing their cultivation skills and striving for self-enlightenment. With more than 30 factions and immersive storylines, you can live your own version of martial arts dream in Hero's Adventure.

c6647c38385f88d399eb7bd83023d7ac46647531.png

Unexpected Encounters Await:
We've crafted a multitude of random and scripted encounters that will enrich your journey. Perhaps you'll cross paths with an ambitious lieutenant amidst a power struggle at a humble inn, or you’ll run into a retired kung fu master in a remote village. These are the experiences you’ve learned to expect in the ever-changing world of martial art.

And remember: every choice you make, every person you befriend (or offend), and every faction you engage with will leave a mark; this is your wuxia story.

f1d8b09270a420ab46a72ae86836c90ee79c6e0f.png

Become the Master of Martial Arts
:

Whether you're decoding ancient techniques off a forgotten scroll, or prefer training with a battle-hardened warrior, there’s no correct solution for mastering martial arts. Choose from a variety of weapon types and explore 300+ martial arts skills, the Jianghu will be yours to conquer.

c62fa8ddafab5667fa76922bbbef31d19dd56c4c.gif

Explore a Living, Breathing World

In this Wuxia simulator, you'll get to explore 80 cities and villages that bring wuxia to life. Witness how villagers go about their daily routines, and experience the rhythms of ancient Chinese cities.

For those who seek to immerse themselves in this culture and explore the intricate tapestry of Wuxia life, we believe you'll find what you're looking for within 'Hero's Adventure.'

609cf9dfba281bcf3089899fee8012b80d8b467e.gif

Craft Your Narrative:

Our hope is to provide an experience where you can embody your own martial spirit. To that end, we've prepared over 10 distinct endings for the game. Whether you choose to be a noble swordsman, a guardian of the nation, or an agent of chaos, you'll find an ending that aligns with your chosen path in Hero's Adventure.

bb2e0e4f7614e949b204017a574637ead7c72a71.png

More to expect in Hero’s Adventure 1.0
:

• Full controller support & Steam Deck compatibility.
  • A new manor that you can obtain in game. You can manage your manor and operate with the character you recruit.
  • 100+ new story encounters
  • Added a Jianghu Event system. Now huge events will not lock you to an ending and bring an end to your playthrough, you can choose to keep exploring after you complete an Jianghu Event.
  • Added a duel option for all of the high rank NPCs in the game.
  • More ways to customize and upgrade characters in your team.
  • As a small token of our gratitude, early supporters will find a special accessory awaiting them in this new chapter.

As part of our effort to collect player feedback and suggestions, and to better respond to questions, we’ve recently launched a Discord - join us?

Modron

Arcane
Too much stuff in November for me already new Yakuza, Colony Ship, and the month has barely begun. Plus I still haven't played Space Wreck and Wandering Sword.

deama

Prophet
Too much stuff in November for me already new Yakuza, Colony Ship, and the month has barely begun. Plus I still haven't played Space Wreck and Wandering Sword.
Now with the release of exodos v6, you can play fallout 1 with authentic scanlines!

Jinn

Arcane
I'm confused why you made another thread about this game when you posted in the original?

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
I'm confused why you made another thread about this game when you posted in the original?
Only found out about the original thread after I made this thread. I can't find the option to delete this thread

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
"Let's Chat About the V1.0 Update" #2
Greetings, dear adventurers! We're just a week away from Hero’s Adventure making its official debut on November 16th. Currently, the team is working tirelessly to wrap up the final QA phase. Through testing, we've combed through the V1.0 update, discovering a surprising 400+ adjustments and over 200 new standalone events, far exceeding our initial expectations.

Concerns have been raised about the fate of Early Access save files when the game turns V1.0. Rest assured, we hold your EA phase progress in high regard, and the switch will not destroy your hard-earned save files. Your EA save files will continue to seamlessly function. However, given the uniqueness of each player's playstyle and progress, some events from older save files may conflict with the game logic of numerous new adjustments. For instance, if a crucial character for an event has been defeated, it will be impossible to trigger new events that are associated with this character.

Considering the introduction of various standalone events, new characters that are available for romance, and Easter egg storylines, we recommend trying out V1.0 with a new playthrough for a more optimal experience.

f2eb7aa674e385f3bfaf4dd0d88ae5cf0e30e5b4.png

(Come claim Your Familiar NPCs)

[18 romanceable characters, 53 recruitable characters]

Since the "Seven Fortunes" update in late April, we introduced special bonded interactions and bonding storylines for 7 female characters and also added new combo skills, traits, and related gameplay. With subsequent updates, the number of characters that are available for a romantic relationship has doubled to 14. In the official V1.0 release, we're increasing this number to 18.

Additionally, the number of characters you can invite to join your team has expanded to 53, which creates a bit of a problem for players to manage their team. The Homestead system, which will be introduced in V1.0, aims to address this issue, providing convenience to players while enhancing the benefits of forming bonds with companions.

[Homestead System: Give your favorite characters a new home]

After a series of new events, you will unlock an abandoned estate as your home base. You will be able to access and manage your homestead directly from the menus, ensuring convenience.

94a9981f7fc18a0021042289a6e460646bed7618.png

The homestead comprises six areas: [Skyforge], [Treasure Pavilion], [Insight Stele Forest], [Herbalist's Kitchen], [Back Mountain], and [Clearwater Spring]. While it may initially seem rudimentary, gradual construction and the arrival of companions will liven things up.

Upon entering the estate, there's much work to be done. Players need to gather materials from the Back Mountain to unlock/upgrade buildings. Expanding structures provides accommodation for more companions, with each building capable of housing up to 10 companions. Having suitable companions reside in corresponding buildings activates specific attribute bonuses. When companions with certain martial world ties reside in the same scene, it triggers special resonance effects.

Now that companions are gathered in one place, you can freely adjust your companions, including pet formations, eliminating the hassle of inviting them individually on the main map.

05d81f5f77bdcdc3c64f381a377d2504ba90778b.png

Remember the first time you comprehended a powerful martial art at the Maze Forest monument? Acquiring and mastering unparalleled martial arts during your travels in the martial world, you'd surely want to pass them down through your save files. This is where the Insight Stele in the Back Mountain comes in – you can inscribe and imprint these learnings, saving you the trouble of rediscovering them in your next playthrough.

16be4f73d3467837ab2ba38c81fa70171187b1bd.png

If martial arts can be inherited, naturally, so can divine weapons. The Treasure Pavilion in the homestead allows you to store precious weapon items collected throughout each playthrough, acting as a sort of family heirloom for characters in different save files.

6c3fb01e41af53233ac64c751a1b21ec48435d36.png

The Skyforge and Herbalist's Kitchen provide a convenient place for players to craft and cook or brew medicines at any time.

As for the Clearwater Spring in the backyard, it's a place for everyone to rest and relax. Take a soak to wash away the fatigue of your martial world travels or invite companions to share the experience.

That concludes a brief overview of the homestead areas and functions. We’ll leave you to discover more interactions and storylines within the homestead after the update.

For more information on V1.0, you can refer to our announcement on November 16th:
Hero's Adventure: Road to Passion 1.0 Release

If you've recently returned and are unfamiliar with the changes made during the EA phase, you can also check out our previous post:
"Celebrating Changes in the Game" - #1

If you have any thoughts or ideas about the official release version, feel free to join the official Discord [discord.gg]to discuss them with us!

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Looks interesting, I'm a sucker for kung-fu (and was disappointed by a Tale of Wuxia). Following the thread.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
"Let's Chat About the V1.0 Update" #3
Hello, dear players! The much-anticipated V1.0 official release is just around the corner, scheduled for tomorrow. We've noticed the curiosity about the exact update time and any potential discounts. The update is slated for 07:00 pm PST, 10:00 pm EST on November 15th. Plus, we're excited to announce an 18% OFF discount.

Q: Beyond the original 5 sects, can more factions be joined?

A: [Shifa Temple, Confucius Temple, and the new faction that will be added in 1.0 — the Jiujiang Water Camp]

After exploring the roles of a monk and a scholar, the V1.0 update opens up the opportunity to experience life as a water bandit.

a62246658bac5d2bcf3797afb12958cf874d6a0a.png

Q: Do you still need to use items to forget Martial Arts?

A: [No more limitation on forgetting Martial Arts, you can rebuild your character’s kit effortlessly]

Originally rooted in traditional martial arts settings, we acknowledged the evolving preference for a more free-play style. To align with this, we experimented with giving players more items for experimenting with the martial arts. As the variety of martial arts expanded, we eventually phased out this feature in the version where we introduced the Ye Family Battalion. In V1.0, you can forget unwanted martial arts without restrictions, facilitating a more convenient experience of rebuilding your own unique character.

Q: Do I still have to restart a new character I want to reset my character’s skill tree?

A: [You can reset your skill tree now]

With the skill tree open to reset, the protagonist's growth attributes needed a similar function. Concurrently with the removal of martial arts forgetting constraints, we introduced the protagonist's skill tree reset function, allowing for flexibility at any juncture.

f9e06a6e5a95f5c30c08634f11e18b9d96814aa6.png

Q: The progression of the main five attributes is too slow from the previous small events. Are there better ways now?

A: [Now you can freely allocate attribute points after leveling up]

Post-leveling up, both the protagonist and companions receive attribute points for the five attributes, which the players could freely allocate to any of the main five attributes. If you want to adjust the current points spread, you can seamlessly reset the attributes through items. Alleviating the need for grinding items and events to become stronger.

The original methods of obtaining aptitude points are intact. Additionally, the new Jianghu Experience system in V1.0 serves to enrich this experience. By completing Jianghu events and town bounties, the earned experience can be transformed into a "reserve experience pool," allowing flexible allocation of character experience and martial arts levels.

53cda91d6f3be0badc677a948150e5bc9ac8eca6.png

Through these adjustments, our aim is to offer a more player-friendly approach for everyone to craft their desired builds, fine-tune suitable cultivation paths, and experiment with different sect routes, unburdened by any constraints. We sincerely hope you enjoy these enhancements!

If you have any thoughts or ideas about the official release version, feel free to join the official Discord[discord.gg] to discuss them with us!

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Did not click.
I found the city exploration tedious and the cultivation phase boring, with nothing to really grab my attention or providing me feedback. Maybe I could have lived with that but the mini-games were a chore and ridiculous, and I really don't like chibi art.
I only played for 6 hours though so the game did not really take off, but nothing really made me want to continue despite my interest in kung-fu, cultivation and Chinese culture.

HerosAdventure

Half Amateur Studio
Developer
Greetings RPGcodex community,

Hero's Adventure team here, we're super grateful and surprised that our Wuxia RPG made it to someone's radar here. We didn't see that coming, but hey, I guess we're rolling with it.

Excited to announce that Hero's Adventure has now entered its full release, with a complete English translation and several new features, including a new homestead system, more recruitable/romanceable characters, Controller and steam deck support, etc.

We're fully aware that the current English localization/gameplay might not be flawless at the moment, but we're committed to polishing it in the consistent long run. We're working hard, trying to smooth out the rough edges, and most importantly, we're always listening to the feedback.

Allow us to take a moment to properly introduce ourselves. Crafting an "ideal" Wuxia game has always been our team's burning passion and pursuit. We genuinely hope you find something special in the small, living world we've pieced together – a world where you can explore, conquer, and become a hero of your own.

New Milestone image_horizontal (1) (1)_11zon.png

More About Hero's Adventure

In Hero's Adventure: Road to Passion, your journey kicks off as an underdog in the vibrant and unpredictable Jianghu. This is a world bustling with martial artists, offering you a myriad of choices to shape your own heroic saga. Whether you're training under a battle-hardened warrior to master martial arts or following Taoist rituals for self-enlightenment, remember - you are the hero, and this is your adventure.

Key Features

• A Breathing Pixelated Open-world: Immerse yourself in a living, breathing open-world, free to roam and explore. The real-time system empowers AI-driven NPCs with unique actions, making every encounter feel dynamic.
  • Branching Stories & Choices: Say goodbye to fixed storylines and predetermined paths. Navigate a world bursting with choices, script your own story, and let your actions define your journey.
  • Character Progression & Becoming a Hero: Level up by mastering over 300+ martial arts through challenges, hidden quests, and meaningful interactions with NPCs. Build relationships (you might even recruit them to your team!)
  • Multi, Open-ended Endings: Unlock 30+ unique endings based on your chosen path and your interpretation of Wuxia. The journey to becoming a hero is about more than just raw power.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing your Wuxia story and journey. Enjoy the game :D

Here is our steam page in case you're not familiar with us: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1948980/Heros_AdventureRoad_to_Passion/

:hmmm:

Last edited:

HerosAdventure

Half Amateur Studio
Developer
Hello HerosAdventure. Are you familiar with the game Tale of Wuxia? Is the structure of your game similar, or is more of a traditional rpg?
Honestly, I'm not the Tale of Wuxia expert on the team, but I know other team members do (it is such a classic Wuxia RPG) From where I stand, both games seem pretty alike in terms of structure and core gameplay - giving you the power to steer your own story, make choices that actually mean something. We've got some overlay, for example:
  • character development & progression: traits, personalities, and weapon choices to tailor your build
  • relationship system
  • multi endings
Tale of Wuxia, though, does go extra mile by having all those Chinese cultural details in the game, including elements like spring Festival couplets, Chinese poems, and so on - these are the features that I love and respect :bro:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thank you for response.

ONe last question: Does the game have a time limit? Or can you play at your own pace?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom