Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Heroine's Quest - D/L Link in OP - Available NOW (FREE)!

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Speaking of the challenge, I hate that fucking giant rat, I HATE IT. It took me like 30 tries and I thought it was the last one because it's so fucking difficult for a mage. It's there a trick to it or something? 'Cause everytime I tried to throw a spell, EVERYTIME, even after dodging an attack, the rat would headbutt me and interrupt me.

After 20 minutes of hitting it with my staff, when I realized it wasn't the last mob I just ragequitted.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
After running around all the maps like a retard, seeking this magical, mystical Item (tm) that debugs the final bossfight (or whatever the fuck is it even supposed to do), I've decided to just ragequit instead. This is simply not worth the nerves, and it feels somewhat depressing that it would appear the rogue gets completely shafted compared to other classes in many respects.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Speaking of the challenge, I hate that fucking giant rat, I HATE IT. It took me like 30 tries and I thought it was the last one because it's so fucking difficult for a mage. It's there a trick to it or something? 'Cause everytime I tried to throw a spell, EVERYTIME, even after dodging an attack, the rat would headbutt me and interrupt me.

After 20 minutes of hitting it with my staff, when I realized it wasn't the last mob I just ragequitted.
I think its the same enemy swamp monster, and it is said in several places of the game to be nigh immune to magic. It's probably one of the few places in the game mages get properly shafted.

After running around all the maps like a retard, seeking this magical, mystical Item (tm) that debugs the final bossfight (or whatever the fuck is it even supposed to do), I've decided to just ragequit instead. This is simply not worth the nerves, and it feels somewhat depressing that it would appear the rogue gets completely shafted compared to other classes in many respects.
:butthurt:
(The final fight being bugged is pretty shitty though)

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
No, as a rogue you can't get the magic sword. You might have met someone hidden away somewhere and there is something near him though.

Try Svartalfheim

Dragon bones cave is optional.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You might have met someone hidden away somewhere and there is something near him though.

Well, I KNEW IT WOULD BE FRIGGIN OBNOXIOUS AND I WAS RIGHT :rage:

AUpK2w.jpg

But sort of a cool game anyway, might play again with a character that is not getting shafted every step (aka not a rogue)

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
Well done! Rogue is meant to be the hardest character to play, same as with the QFG series. But this particular issue at the end sounds very much like a bug to me, so I'll make sure it gets fixed in v1.1.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
So far, this game has been great - a smartly recreated Quest for Glory with a likeable cast of characters and a ton of variety. Not 100% down with the low resolution, although I understand why it was done.

Also, my skills with adventure games have severely degraded over the years - I couldn't even solve the food puzzle as a thief, and had to restart as a fighter, while others are already talking about the endgame. I suck. :oops: Anyway, great fun even with the few bugs that have stayed in. I will pitch in on Paypal, and tell other people about this.
:takemymoney:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So about that score screen, what is cross-class actually counting?

Is it possible to get 500 score without some serious multiclassing shenanigans?

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
I'm not sure what cross-class counts (perhaps, actions which were performed by a cross-class skill, but I would need to check). Yes, it is possible to get 500 for each pure class :)

Mystary!

Arcane
I assume its skills that you dont get as starting skills? Like acrobatics, I used that all the time, but its not a warrior skill.

P0fwpJ2.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I'm not sure what cross-class counts (perhaps, actions which were performed by a cross-class skill, but I would need to check). Yes, it is possible to get 500 for each pure class :)
I didn't take any cross class skills, so probably not that. I thought it might have been when you deviated from your classes intended solutions with more general ones or something :shrug:

V_K

Arcane
Slight continuity error:
When you properly restore Alviss and he returns to Nivandelir, if you ask Eitri "Have you seen Alviss" before telling him that you brought news, he'll answer asif Alviss is still in exile.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A really small bug:

After you've successfully entered the Thieves Guild (by first spelling the correct word and then evading the guard's attack by jumping), if you try to pickpocket the guard, the game tells you "It's too late for that. Defend yourself!" as if he was still attacking you - and nothing happens. I assume it is supposed to be the standard "This is not the place where you should be picking people's pockets!" message instead.

Also some dialogue options lack interactivity; e.g. if you ask someone about the inn while standing right next to it or even inside it, they still say something like "oh, the inn is in the north part of the town, you should go visit it sometime". Or if

you ask Kraka about Regin after you've already entered the Thieves Guild Lodge, she still repeats the old dialogue. You'd assume she'd have something new to say about him and his position as the head of the guild.

That ruins my immershun. :cry: But I understand that would probably bloat the scope of the work you'd have to do on dialogue.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Also, what does the Willpower attribute actually do? Why does it increase when I talk to people or go around trying to pick locks?

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
Willpower is useful for defense against magic attacks, and enhancing your own magic (if you have the ability). I suppose it increases from those actions because your character has to use her brain when communicating with people or trying to pick locks.

And I understand what you mean about some dialog, but it would get quite infeasible to go through every possible scenario, write the dialog, obtain the voice recording, as well as script it in code to only occur at a certain instance. And I believe some of the code isn't always trivial to implement even though the end result is really simple.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Stuck as a Fighter.
I need to wake up Brunhildr (sp?), and the old guildmaster hinted to go kill a Gulon in the swamp and add its head to the wall, but nothing shows up in the Swamp, I can only step in it and sink and die

Also can someone tell me the use of Thievery as a splash on Fighter class? I haven't had any opportunity to steal anything, my single use of the skill was cheating at the dice game. I kind of regret picking it. Same with Herbalism, I literally only found herbs to pick once.

V_K

Arcane
Same with Herbalism, I literally only found herbs to pick once.
Herbalism is for making potions, not finding herbs ;). Getting reagents trains it too - though only one of them technically counts as a herb, and as a warrior you don't need it (and probably can't get it).

Speaking of which, a feature request: it would be very nice to be able to see which reagents are required for a given potion without having to go to the lab first.

V_K

Arcane
Small glitch: it often happens that I try to enter Liff's shop (in the afternoon I think) and get a message that he's out and locked the door - only for Liff to walk out of that very shop a moment after.

Mystary!

Arcane
Stuck as a Fighter.
I need to wake up Brunhildr (sp?), and the old guildmaster hinted to go kill a Gulon in the swamp and add its head to the wall, but nothing shows up in the Swamp, I can only step in it and sink and die
You need to cross the swamp. Have a weapon handy.

Also I dont think Thievery works as a cross class skill, I started a mage with thievery and havent got a single use of it either. Maybe it can only be used when sneaking or something?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
HQ just got a shoutout from the man who holds the World Record for "most successful RPG developer":

Mike Laidlaw ‏@Mike_Laidlaw 14h
Wait, what? A new RPG/Adventure hybrid inspired by Hero's Quest with a female protagonist? Time to check THAT out. http://crystalshard.net/hq.htm

OMG. MY NOSTALGIAS. LET ME SHOW YOU THEM. (Enjoying Heroine's Quest so far!)

If they had asked money for this game, their sales numbers would be skyrocketing now.

Crooked Bee

Patron
So I just played the game a bit with a couple of friends - just fooling around with skills and items without actually advancing the plot - and here's what we found. With maxed out stealth, you can steal the letter back from Liff or whatever that guy's called - and then give it back to him, creating a quest loop and earning 10 silver coins again. Same goes for the wizard and the mugworth root. Dunno if that's a bug or a feature.

Also my thieving skills just got me a magical fast travel horsie. Again, not sure you're actually supposed to receive it so early - we're still in chapter 1.

Also prison key - I assume it'll come in handy at some point.

Also Sonny, brother of Snorri? :lol: Good one. Too bad I forgot to take a screenshot.

Happy New Year, everyone!

jfrisby

Cipher
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've been snowed in with this for a few days - brilliant job & congratulations on the release to everyone involved! Great look/use descriptions and amazing little details everywhere. Thank you.

The use-items-on-ghost response descriptions in the library don't read correctly (something unhooked omitting the word "ghost" from the responses).

Probably the same as Fast Talk, but the Animal Ken stat seems to rise a bit fast (and Willpower in the process). Since it doesn't seem to use mana or stamina, it's a bit hard to not feel like an exploit... Do actions advance game-time? Is that the cost involved in raising those stats? ... but like most of the tiny bugs I've seen, it's easy to just not-be-a-gamebreaking-asshole by playing it realistically.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Speaking of the challenge, I hate that fucking giant rat, I HATE IT. It took me like 30 tries and I thought it was the last one because it's so fucking difficult for a mage. It's there a trick to it or something?

Use the force, Luke. Lightning spell works pretty well against it. Or, rather, lightning spell is rather broken and works pretty well against everything, even the fucking Brauggi.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Another small bug/glitch related to stealing the horse figurine too early:

If you steal the figurine before delivering Fafnir's chest to Regin and then bring him the chest, he says something along the lines of "Oh how clever! But you sold that to me already" (even though it's the first time you give him the chest). I was hoping he'd tell me more about Fafnir, but I guess I locked myself out of that particular dialogue. Also, you don't get a score increase either. :(

I assume the game checks whether he has the figurine, and not whether it's the first time you give him the chest.

Also, are you supposed to not get any score increase for giving the wings back to their rightful owner? Is that, like, supposed to be an evil thing to do?

After all, Heime does ask "Why did my mommy fly away?" :cry:

EDIT: Apparently not, judging by one of the ending slides.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom