Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic III 20th anniversary

janior

Arcane
Patron
multiplayer heroes 3 is a very sad meme

SilentMRG

Literate
It's definitely the best way to play HOMMIII in all its glory.

VCMI? I doubt that

HotA is polished and vanilla-friendly and has a great MP lobby, plus people still find WoG/Era a lot interesting and fun. VCMI is kinda nowhere (a platform with potential but none gave life to it yet)
Honestly? I didn't understand... "Nowhere?" VCMI is where it's at: A rewrite of the HoMMIII engine; support for several community mods and support by many localizations. Understand it as a "hub" that makes managing these things easier and even slightly improves the graphics and field of view of the vanilla version. Regarding the quote, here is one: https://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Game_engine_recreations_and_source_ports
Note: TBS section.

Unfortunately the GOG version does not start correctly on Windows 7 and much less on Windows 10, by my side. And there is also no localization for Brazilian Portuguese, my native language. Previously I used this to fix the graphics: https://github.com/FunkyFr3sh/cnc-ddraw
Note: A quality wrapper, by the way.

VCMI works very well in its current state as well and is a great entry point for newbies. Installation is also simpler than making pie. ;)

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Like I said, other than running it on a mobile device, this makes zero sense over HD even before considering HotA.

Edit: And there's no reason why GOG's H3 Complete wouldn't run on win7/10. Something must be seriously wrong on your side.

Hydro

Educated
Who cares? This thread is for HoMM3 memes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom