Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help me remember the name of this old game!

BR4ZIL

Novice
Hi guys & gals, as i said yesterday on the shoutbox to a few folks, i am trying to remember the name of a game that keeps appearing on my head for quite a while now.

I distinctevely remember playing it off one of those "X Amount of game demos" CDs in the 90s.

The game in question was a first person point & click, maybe a Myst Clone of sorts.

The only really distinctively feature i remember is that you had a "PDA" thingie that you kept your items in, in said PDA there was also a weird digitalized blue polygonal ball mask hologram that talked with you (i think it gave you descriptions about the items? maybe also tutorials for the game, i dont really remember, it did had voice over tho.

I also vaguely remember the place you were in at the start of the game (demo?), you were in a weird kind of "vertical dockyard", where you went up and down floors trying to lower somekind of vehicle into the water, the whole place looked brown and abandoned.

The mask was kind like this, but "digitalized" (you could see clearly see the polygons that made it up), it was bluish in tone and i think its lips moved. Of course it was also of much low quality 3d modeling than this.

theater_masks_thumbnail_02.jpg9b215364-843c-41a7-a909-dffddc005b54Original.jpg

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's been a while so I don't remember how it starts, but Journeyman Project sort of comes to mind; the mask is not quite blue though (and not quite a mask) - still, it's the closest thing I can think of at the moment:

maxresdefault.jpg

I'll see if anything else comes to mind. The mask thing does sound awfully familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

P.S. There have been several Journeyman Project games so you should check out each one's aesthetics to see if it maybe rings a bell.

Last edited:

BR4ZIL

Novice
I gave it a go at trying to find the CD that had the demo for it around here, the one i thought it had it, in fact, was a completely diferent one. Upon reflection i think i got to play the game when dad bought over some game CDs from a friend of his back then. I distinctevely remember being among other "demos" in a "select to install screen", among them i think there was even Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Marathon 2.

I am gonna have to give Journeyman a go, but while the UI really seems familiar, altho the interface i remember was also very... blue-ish, with transparent buttons, it felt very sci-fi. The fact that Journeyman has FMVs (altho maybe the demo didint had those) kinda makes me think it wasnt it.

EDIT: I also seem to vaguely recall that the mentioned hologram mask would fill up the screen to talk with you.

Last edited:

BR4ZIL

Novice
Well, i gave Journeyman 1,2 and 3 a go, after going through pains of making them work in a win98 VM, and i can say 100% it isnt it.

Anyone else has any ideas? i have been browsing the legendsworld site up and down for all adventure games from the 90s to no avail =(

BR4ZIL

Novice

My god... its a brazilian game... thats why i was never goind to find it...

Uranio 235...

Thank you Zeitgeist! Thank so much, i am 100% sure this is the one.

Now... where to get it...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom