Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HeatWave - guerrilla group simulator set in post-apocalyptic Alaska

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

By Polish indie team named Perimeter Games.

gif08.gif

HeatWave is a sandbox survival strategy game set in 2080 in Alaska affected by climate change.

Global warming has led humanity to the brink of collapse, caused unprecedented migration and stir up internal conflicts. Therefore, the US government has decided to abandon the cut off territories in Alaska and focus on saving the mainland.
The Russian government supported by China decides to take advantage of the US situation. To expand into more hospitable places to live, they launch an invasion of Alaska, which was once a Russian colony.
As a result of oppression and hostile colonization, the people of Alaska form Guerrilla groups to repel the invaders.
The underground Americans are the underdogs in a fight for their land and freedom.

gif02.gif

GAME FEATURES
Run your own Guerrilla faction.
Form your team and set internal laws and adapt rules to the changing environment.
Set up base deep in the forests of Alaska, build new structures to make your people self-reliant.

crafting.gif

Use and upgrade your bushcraft skills.
Survive in the wilderness with limited resources.
Help your people meet basic survival needs. Set up camps, obtain energy resources, provide shelter against the cold and rain. Hunt for food, collect wild plants or plunder local communities to prevent starvation.
Craft items- make tools, medicines and weapons from collected scrap and plundered materials.

exploration.gif

Explore the world.
Visit settlements. Talk with their inhabitants, recruit, trade, or complete quests to increase relations with them.
Explore vast expanses of Alaska and dive into a non-linear story.
Make difficult decisions and fight your own path to independence.

Hidden01.gif

Partisan tactics
Stay in the shadow, avoid being discovered.
Move your base if necessary and implement a hit and run strategy.
Punish collaborators, constantly fight and harass the invaders.
Set up traps, sabotage their supply lines and incite the people of Alaska against them.

diplomacy.gif

Diplomacy
Shape your own politics, handle diplomatic relations with other factions and settlements.
Perform tasks for the local population and compete with other guerrilla groups.
When strong enough, start the revolution and take on the invaders to drive them away.
Finally, choose your own path to independence - continue in the name of the United States, or create your new independent country...

gif07.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Could be interesting, I am getting some Expeditions: Conquistador/Viking vibes from this, we will see.

seems like 'Climate change' and 'America loses its position in the world' is gay millennial replacement of proper heterosexual 'fallout' nuclear apocalypse. Its like when faggots think about 'meat' they talk about 'soy' and 'veggie' burgers instead of proper hamburgers.

still, I will probably give this a try because it appears interesting, but prefer actual nuclear apocalypse, or Phoenix-point red mist taking over the world instead of 'climate change' or 'america went gay'..but oh well..

edit: after watching 2nd video I think I could be wrong about these guys actually, forming militia in Alaska to get pay back against invaders and restore freedoms seems pretty based actually, so I am probably acting like a reactionary dickhead.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
seems like 'Climate change' and 'America loses its position in the world' is gay millennial replacement of proper heterosexual 'fallout' nuclear apocalypse. Its like when faggots think about 'meat' they talk about 'soy' and 'veggie' burgers instead of proper hamburgers.

still, I will probably give this a try because it appears interesting, but prefer actual nuclear apocalypse, or Phoenix-point red mist taking over the world instead of 'climate change' or 'america went gay'..but oh well..
:shredder:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

edit: after watching 2nd video I think I could be wrong about these guys actually, forming militia in Alaska to get pay back against invaders and restore freedoms seems pretty based actually, so I am probably acting like a reactionary dickhead.

If you want to play as guerilla simply get Arma3 and a few mods. There are persistency mods that you can play for months as well as in coop with friends and totally wipe the floor with this hipster shit.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Alienman knows what he is talking about

Antistasi is great but also a bit finicky to use. Lately we discovered Vindicta and the underlying functionality is superior imo. It has a super clean UI and proper load/save with save slots. Cars around you retain their inventory after save. Also there is real base building, you can build defenses and even place stiff like chairs and campfires in your base.

Modron

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom