Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearts of Iron IV - The Ultimate WWII Strategy Game

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Have you tried to change conscription laws? It has funny glitch.
Please somebody open a Kickstarter to found a 2000€ Surströmming delivery to Paradox offices.
I don't know how to do it, but I'll pay to support a project like this...
I found this on HOI4 forums, under discussion about theirs vacation and paid beta (this means current game) period.

Last edited:

cw8

Cipher
Not happy with the unfair outcome of the first Poland playthrough, I went at it again, still as a neutral state. Soviet Union seems easier than trying to go against the Germans. Doubt we can do this after the patch?

2e2i7pi.jpg

Last edited:

cw8

Cipher
This is what happens when the Allied forces (my Polish troops to the right included of course) go nuts:
o09hc3.jpg

Not sure what Germany's AI is thinking, sending 150 divisions to their doom. My 3 Heavy Tank divisions + 2 Infantry divisions took care of all of them:
10rjsqc.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Not sure what Germany's AI is thinking, sending 150 divisions to their doom. My 3 Heavy Tank divisions + 2 Infantry divisions took care of all of them:
10rjsqc.jpg
Bug caused by a new patch. Original version didn't have that problem.

Pre-patch soviets could tech-jump to modern tanks three or so years before anyone else. Was fun.

With german cooperation you could jump 2 tiers of tanks in '38. So with some planning you could have T-44s by 1939. I think you still can.

Either way, you can produce 100 tanks per day in 1941 if you play your cards right. It's insane.

But this is a game where tanks are useless. Just spam 50% SPART, 45% MOT/INF, 5% TD.

Make sure to lend-lease 10% of your monthly production to both Japan and China, you'll have an army experience income of over 1 per day. More than enough to pump out the strongest +5/+10 enchanted variants as soon as you get them. Fuck that +0.05 minister punk.

Surely a Corporate Jew Master can appreciate the thought of defeating ze Germans as economically as possible. How else are you going to paint the world as Switzerland or other minor nations? This is what HoI4 was made for, not role-playing as a major power in a WW2 simulation.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
How else are you going to paint the world as Switzerland

I consider completely atrocious that at some point Germany declares war on Switzerland. What for?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tannenbaum

History 101
Normally universities doesn't allow quote wikipedia at all. While I don't considering quoting wikipedia as a proof of not having clue, I consider these who don't quote other resources much more frequently as wikipedia as people who are either lazy, or who don't have a clue. While I consider wikipedia quotable in scientific works, it must be done in certain way, and it should't consist of more than 1/3 wikipedia quotations when scientific work isn't about wikipedia.

I have only not autistic level of IQ, thus I don't understand that one liner under the quote. Can you write long elaborate why a HOI4 Germany should declare war on a Switzerland, while the real world Hitler, who's badmouthed as incompetent in military matters, never did?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I consider completely atrocious that at some point Germany declares war on Switzerland. What for?

History 101
Normally universities doesn't allow quote wikipedia at all. While I don't considering quoting wikipedia as a proof of not having clue, I consider these who don't quote other resources much more frequently as wikipedia as people who are either lazy, or who don't have a clue. While I consider wikipedia quotable in scientific works, it must be done in certain way, and it should't consist of more than 1/3 wikipedia quotations when scientific work isn't about wikipedia.

I have only not autistic level of IQ, thus I don't understand that one liner under the quote. Can you write long elaborate why a HOI4 Germany should declare war on a Switzerland, while the real world Hitler, who's badmouthed as incompetent in military matters, never did?

Leaving your autistic wikipedia tirade aside (universities lol also like I'd put any actual work to argue with a guy who knows nothing about history) HoI4 cant correctly represent RL power of Switzerland. IRL Switzerland could mobilize hundreds of thousands of men to fight in a very defensive mountainous position and thats why the invasion was deemed a bad idea. In game Switzerland can be represented as any other non major country without special rules for their special situation and as such they dont field nearly enough troops. And their mountains are just generic mountains not Alps and certainly not Swiss Alps with all their defensive advantages.

History 101 means 'heres some basic historic knowledge for you'. If you DON'T understand why would a PANGERMANIC nationalist want to include Switzerland into his dream Gross Deutschland then you really don't know a thing.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane

Why would anyone tolerate some stupid neutral blotch in the middle of the Great Paneuropean Reich?

What is atrocious is that you have to declare war to accomplish that. Where is the "join us, or survive on cheese, chocolate and golden watches" option?

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I want a focus tree for Switzerland, and every choice is about being neutral in some way. Diplomatic neutrality, economic neutrality, military neutrality, technological neutrality, neutral neutrality.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Current manpower issue is damn pressing. Every minor can field hundred of divisions now, especially with scraping the barrel and other focuses. And worst part is expeditionary forces, as major can throw most of his forces to the other side of the planet, leaving homeland bare. Or monor can suddenly field a hundred divisions from multiple exp.f.

Destroid

Arcane

History 101

Leaving your autistic wikipedia tirade aside (universities lol also like I'd put any actual work to argue with a guy who knows nothing about history) HoI4 cant correctly represent RL power of Switzerland. IRL Switzerland could mobilize hundreds of thousands of men to fight in a very defensive mountainous position and thats why the invasion was deemed a bad idea. In game Switzerland can be represented as any other non major country without special rules for their special situation and as such they dont field nearly enough troops. And their mountains are just generic mountains not Alps and certainly not Swiss Alps with all their defensive advantages.

History 101 means 'heres some basic historic knowledge for you'. If you DON'T understand why would a PANGERMANIC nationalist want to include Switzerland into his dream Gross Deutschland then you really don't know a thing.

Fins have national bonuses to fighting on their cores, no reason they couldn't do the same for Switzerland and give them an event or a national focus for a few free divisions if they get wardecced.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Free divisions mean Switzerland could invade other nations with them and its not how it works for national defense/guard type of armies. This is why its hard to do, it requires special mechanics for a nation that has next to no importance in a WW2 game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Luniversities lol also like I'd put any actual work to argue with a guy who knows nothing about history
So what are names of three works of Cao Cao?

History 101 means 'heres some basic historic knowledge for you'.
That's very polite saying right? (Actually it doesn't mean stuff like that, at least in English. It means introductory university classes, which might be quite variable with right teacher you can get quite advanced stuff.)

If you DON'T understand why would a PANGERMANIC nationalist want to include Switzerland into his dream Gross Deutschland then you really don't know a thing.
I understand that word PANGERMANIC, I just don't understand why it has anything to do with Hitler and his strategic decisions. He thought it's his obligation to abolish Treaty of V. which he did.

But as a person with somewhat low historic knowledge, I definitely can't know how WWI and pre WWII Germans viewed Switzerland folk. With Austrians it was simple, they are orderly, German speaking, have long term historical ties with Germany, and quite intermixed already, they are nearly Germans. Switz are these jolly folks who can cause ear ringing when they shout. It's probably best leave them to theirs devices. Coincidentally while UK were considered basically Saxons, German made no intent to conquering UK, and planned to have long permanent alliance with UK even after conquering Europe. Few years ago there was a detailed study of relationships between Switzerland and Germans during WWII, and before. Paradox might like to read it before they'd make another blunder.

Coincidentally only mondblut had sensible complain when he said, there is no opinion to offer Switzerland a nice polite offer to join Germany in a form of a new EU. (Or perhaps as a part of big Germany after Germany conquered continent and signed peace treaties with its opponents.) Considering Switzerland managed to fend off even eurocrats when EU was at its high, fending off nazi attempts to force them to abandon theirs neutrality would be child play. (But there were none.)

It's quite easy to make unmovable garrison units to keep Switzerland somewhat protected, but... That wasn't the reason why Switzerland stayed neutral during WWII. (And the reason why Germany never moved war material trough the Switzerland railways.)

You are confusing uncle Addie with a conventional statesman. He could've destroyed the USSR if he took advantage of the anti-communist feeling among various minorities and even the russians themselves but he decided they were subhuman instead and ordered that lunatic policy of his.

Of course he'd order an invasion of Switzerland if he could. Problem is that when Switzerland was relevant in german planning his prestige was not yet consolidated for his word to be law.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually I don't. I just think HOI4 is doing things that were too crazy for Hitler, and it's doing it regularly instead only once per 10 games. (In fact I don't remember game where HOI4 didn't declare war against Switzerland. I also remember game where Russia had it's hands full, and it declared war against Germany on top of war with UK. Developers didn't even want to think.)

Also I kinda remember name Pauli. Who fucked up German eastern europe policy. (But I must admit I didn't research details, perhaps a local nazi can provide some insight.)

BTW when we are talking about events, is there that event when US is asking Russia to reinstate Japanese divisions in Manchuria under Kuomitang command? Russia said no, gave Manchuria to comchi, and also gave comchi all weapons and equipment from Japanese troops in Manchuria. Chomchi used them well. There should be a decision about that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom