Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So this is the most fun I've had with Brawl so far. Got to play three games and kindda feel like playing a fourth one. Utterly crushed everytime tho, anyone managed a win?

Mystary!

Arcane
So this is the most fun I've had with Brawl so far. Got to play three games and kindda feeling like playing a fourth one. Utterly crushed everytime tho, anyone managed a win?
You know you're not supposed to try to kill the other player right?
Won first time, we got some crazy synergy wombo combo going with Fjola Lightbane* and Holy Champion.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It is pretty fun actually. Got it as well, Icehowl and Lightwarden together with a couple of Blessed Champions from Lorewalker Cho did the job.

I imagine with some luck you can get a crazy OTK if you manage to combo Cho, Millhouse and Blessed Champion.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Kind of fun. Sadly precludes you doing most dailies in Brawl this week. I managed to win one of four games. You have to get favorable RNG with Lorewalker Cho (although he has an ability specifically to destroy Cho), other good cards, and hope he doesn't increase his attack/nuke you with spells too much. The other player has to be aware of what cards are in his deck and have the smarts to keep you alive healed. While the priest has more control over healing the Paladin has Guardian of Kings for self-heal and the benefit of the Priest playing Zombie Chow. So the paladin player is better off healing the priest with his Earthen Rings and Holy Light.

Angthoron

Arcane
Played it a few times, only lost on the first go since the other player got cocky and didn't heal itself. I had enough damage sitting in my hand to kill him next turn, so it was a bit of a disappointment.

Yeah, good luck with Cho is definitely important, since you normally get at least a full turn to abuse his ability of copying enemy spells. There's also some great "Buff when healing" cards to play off Cho spam. Still, somehow AI killed Cho off on the turn I played it with a "Kill Loremaster Cho" spell, no less, so we had to find another way of doing it. Worked out in the end.

Another fun play was when we bro-op'd with a friend, he got a Trodgor card and I had a shitton of cheap spells in my hand, resulting in him having about 40 damage to deal in one turn. It's definitely fun, especially when AI "fucks up" and lets you build what you planned.

Though Assassinate on a 20/5 buffed mob before I could stab his face with it was pretty lulzy too.

Grubba

Arcane
Tavern brawls are pretty much the only thing in HS that's interesting right now. I used to have fun with arena but haven't done a run in months and ranked is a masochistic grind and a complete waste of time. It really does seem like this game has gone down the shitter lately, the warning signs are everywhere. It's good to see all this shit coming to a full boil at the hearthstone reddit page too, I'm not alone in my thoughts. It's also great that this is all happening just days before BlizzCon though it's highly doubtful that they'll address it in any way. Most likely they'll just announce the next 30 card set that costs $25 and has only 2-3 cards worth a damn. Maybe unveil the next hero portrait upgrades too, which would be great. Really, that would be great because it would highlight just how fucking dumb this game and it's development team are.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Said it before but the biggest problem is it's a mom & pop operation. I doubt Blizzard expected to make $300+ million a year. They probably thought it would yield a tenth of that which is why the team is so small. It was pitched on a lark by some current employees. We'll see if they bother expanding their staff and producing more content.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Tavern brawls are pretty much the only thing in HS that's interesting right now.

:nocountryforshitposters:

It's also great that this is all happening just days before BlizzCon though it's highly doubtful that they'll address it in any way.

I think it's pretty much confirmed they'll announce a new adventure at BlizzCon tho it's anyone's guess how much difference it's gonna make.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Warsong Commander was nerfed so you can no longer OTK someone by charging Patrons (and Frothing Berserker).
2674.png

2677.png

2678.png

2679.png

2689.png

:negative:

Andhaira

Arcane
^^^ :lol:

Though my dragon pally did not have a 95% loss against patron, was much less than that. I'm surprised they didn't stick a secret pally joke in there.

Grubba

Arcane
Said it before but the biggest problem is it's a mom & pop operation. I doubt Blizzard expected to make $300+ million a year. They probably thought it would yield a tenth of that which is why the team is so small. It was pitched on a lark by some current employees. We'll see if they bother expanding their staff and producing more content.

I think you're probably right. It's also fair to say, based on the things that Brode and their CMs say, that they really don't have a vision for where they want to take this game. It certainly seems like they have their heads up their asses when they spew crap about not wanting to nerf cards because it "confuses new players" and they want people to think of their collections as real physical things "they can be proud of" :hahano:.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Ahahhah, I loved the weird guy that announced the new adventure..

People went apeshit on the chat.

NNNnnnnnnnhhh..mmhmhhhn nnhhhh

WTf were those moans during the trailer :D

Ahahahahah

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What is this shit? The trailers get more and more childish -- even for a CHILDREN'S CARD GAME. I guess, at least, there are only four wings of terrible cards this time. Amazing this is the best they can come up with when there are a dozen or so WoW raids/locales to choose from.

This Golden Monkey card... it's like a big fuck you.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh, I also like how they gave people a head's up so they could start saving gold... oops. Good thing I haven't been buying packs for awhile. Not that I'm going to rush to buy this when it could turn out as mediocre as BRM. Seriously, wtf is the rush with adventures and expansions these days? So fucking greedy they can't stick to a six month rotation?

Grubba

Arcane
Oh, I also like how they gave people a head's up so they could start saving gold... oops.

...because Blizzard wants people to buy this with in-game gold rather than real money, right? :lol:
Anyone who has been paying attention should have known that a new adventure was just around the corner and would have been saving their gold accordingly (like me, I have almost 3,500)

Seriously, wtf is the rush with adventures and expansions these days? So fucking greedy they can't stick to a six month rotation?

Stick to a six month rotation? That's never been the case, it's always been 4-5 months in the past.

As far as why this one is getting released so quickly (not even 12 full weeks since TGT came out), I can think of a few reasons off the top of my head:

- It's BlizzCon and they bumped up their release schedule so they would have something big to announce.
- TGT was a flop and so they feel the need to turn the page and move forward
- Meta has stagnated so they're trying to inject some freshness (which will probably fail, but that's beside the point)

Quite the contrast in my reactions to this announcement vs. TGT. I was pumped for that set and even watched the live reveal stream while at work...this one I could pretty much give a shit. Children's cardgame is becoming even more of a children's card game, big surprise. HS player community is starting to realize the massive disconnect between community expectations and what the developers actually want to do with this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom