Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Andhaira

Arcane
Chromaggus is not that great though, really. Unless you immediately use it to draw a card somehow (novice engineer, etc), it's an overcosted 6/8 that WILL get murdered the next turn.
If it doesn't get murdered next turn, then you were already winning anyway or are already too far behind for it to count.

Chromaggus works beautifully with cards like Auctioneer. Case in point: I unstable portal'd a chromaggus some weeks ago with Auctioneer already on board, fired off a bunch of cheap spells and got a massive boost to my hand. Opponent conceded soon thereafter. Regarding him getting murdered next turn, well yeah that applies to all good cards. Tirion, Antonidas, Rag, Emperor, Kel Thuzud etc etc. This is why you make sure to draw your opponents hard removals and/or silences out first. In fact, even when silenced chromaggus has a bigger body on board than Tirion, widely considered to be the best class legendary.

Sludge Belcher alone makes Naxx worthwhile.

Sludge Belcher is a very sticky and popular card still widely used. But saying this is like saying Grim Patron alone makes BRM worthwhile. In the end it depends on what decks you play in constructed; plus I think they improved the balance with BRM. Naxx had way too retardedly OP cards like Belcher, KT, and Loatheb (and UT which was nerfed for a good reason). There is a reason everyone shoves them into their decks willy nilly. Thus far BRM only has Grim Patron on the same level of dumb.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Naxxramas is overall a more valuable expansion than BRM.

Mad scientist is in ALL decks that play secrets (face hunter, hybrid/midrange hunter, tempo mage, freeze/medivh mage, sometimes mech etc)
Sludge Beltcher is in ALL (almost) control decks (control paladin, handlock variations, control warrior)
Death's bite in ALL Warrior decks (control, patron, even aggro)
Haunted creeper in ALL Hunters and zoo(face, hubrid etc)
Voidcaller in all variations of demonlock
Dark Cultist in almost all Priests decks
Nerubian egg in zoo, Shade in combo druid etc.
Loatheb is a must in most mid-range/control decks

BRM on the other hand gives you
Thaurissan a must kinda like Loatheb
Imp Gang Boss for zoo/demonlock
Patron Warrior deck
Tempo mage with flamewalkers
Quickshot for face hunter
Dragon deck variation, not very popular

Chromaggus is usually way too slow to be played in the current meta, only some control decks use it.

Andhaira

Arcane

Mad scientist is in ALL decks that play secrets (face hunter, hybrid/midrange hunter, tempo mage, freeze/medivh mage, sometimes mech etc)
Sludge Beltcher is in ALL (almost) control decks (control paladin, handlock variations, control warrior)

Patron Warrior deck

Chromaggus is usually way too slow to be played in the current meta, only some control decks use it.

They balanced BRM better as I said above, it has fewer broken cards. However some cards work very well in certain decks. For me, I don't care for any Naxx cards save Shade and Duplicate.

If anyone plays Warlock though I do admit Voidcaller is a must because it allows circumventing pitfalls of demon cards (like discarding two cards from hand for the charge demon, damage for flame imp, etc)

I've long since figured out how to easily take care of Nerubian eggs in zoo and Belchers. If the meta has too many face hunters running MS just run a Kezan to take care of it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Patron Warrior deck

This is a good summary. BRM only polishes class decks a bit and you can live without most of the cards unless you play a lot of warlock and tempo mage. First wing comes with Emp, Quickshot, and Patron so that clears most of them. Naxx has much stronger cards across the board.

Andhaira

Arcane
It's happening right now, battle of the ages:

DakaSha vs Andhaira

edit: turn 11 and he has 30 health I have 29.

edit 2: He was using fatigue + mill mage combo. I got owned. First fight he also won but he was using facehunter so that doesn't count :rpgcodex:

Last edited:
OK I want to give my Hearthstone account to somebody. Free.

I've spent way too much time on this shit, I need to completely cut ties with all games, but I can't bring myself to dust everything and just delete account.

It has all-Legendary Warlock (almost everything from other classes is dusted), Sylvanas/Rag/Boom/Giants from neutrals. Not that much but may be of use and fun to somebody. Will post screens earlier.

Oh, from the card backs worthy of mention there's Black Temple and Heroic Naxx, and the Gul'dan portrait is Golden.

sser

Arcane
Developer

I've spent way too much time on this shit, I need to completely cut ties with all games, but I can't bring myself to dust everything and just delete account.

It has all-Legendary Warlock (almost everything from other classes is dusted), Sylvanas/Rag/Boom/Giants from neutrals. Not that much but may be of use and fun to somebody. Will post screens earlier.

Oh, from the card backs worthy of mention there's Black Temple and Heroic Naxx, and the Gul'dan portrait is Golden.

Why not just sell it and recoup your losses (lost time aside).

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Yea you can probably sell it for an okay amount. Not entirely sure where HS accounts are sold though. Remember that this is tied to your "battle.net" account so if you have any blizzard shit that's part of it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Time to self-eject.

Time to self-eject.

It kinda is. I probably can't really keep my video game addiction in moderate dosage, as I really tried, so it's one way or the other.

If only that game climate was kinda cool. You can tell that ~50% of players are sorry-ass obnoxious nerds, with very apparent self-worth issues, if only based on all those condescending "Well Played"/"Sorry" emotes usage I get in matchups etc.

Also all those guys like Trump look like characters from Big Bang Theory.

Which brings me again to my point.

Yea you can probably sell it for an okay amount. Not entirely sure where HS accounts are sold though. Remember that this is tied to your "battle.net" account so if you have any blizzard shit that's part of it.

Ebay for instance, at least Polish one (Allegro). It's too much of a peanuts for me to try though, I checked. Might as well give it to a bro.

Maybe I'll have more time later to wrap it up, now I'm busy with work to think about it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Jesus how much Hearthstone do you play a day? I do maybe five hours a week.

Jesus how much Hearthstone do you play a day? I do maybe five hours a week.

Usually round the same amount too, but it kind of sticks around in my mind and doesn't let go. I always have a guilty conscience & feel like a dirty shit after engaging in virtual CCG.

Christ what a Blogdex. OK I guess hivemind was the first, btw.

hivemind

I'm done.
fuck this
literally never going to draft a non early game or tempo deck in arena ever again
jaraxus is such a fucking shit card holy shit I draft my entire deck around it for fun and I die the next turn it's played every time
I'm so fucking angry
fuck everything

hivemind

wow this time the jaraxus didn't kill me but that's because I'm at fucking 0 2 and already de facto won the game by turn 9

hivemind

maybe it wasn't the jaraxus alone
the deck just kinda seemed to lack any swings, when I lost board I never got it back
but then again when I got board I was set

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
wut?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom