Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heart of the swarm ending.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Quilty said:
SPOILER ALERT Wait a minute, wasn't Kerrigan turned back into a weird looking girl with a manjaw at the end of WoL?
A placeholder model, probably.

This leak is about three months old I'm told. I've also seen other left overs in the SCII editor, like alternate missions and stuff, and this cinematic doesn't fit with the WoL ending at all. I'm guessing that this thing is a remnant from before Blizzard decided to drag the one story out across three seperate games.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
KalosKagathos said:
Quilty said:
SPOILER ALERT Wait a minute, wasn't Kerrigan turned back into a weird looking girl with a manjaw at the end of WoL?

Or maybe she'll have to go through with the most Hollywoodian choice ever: live as a human in love with Raynor or give everything up again to save the Zerg™.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
OH BOY BLIZZ HOW COULD YO UYOU LOST MYYY SALE!!111....
oh wait... no...
i dont give a shit

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
KalosKagathos said:
In an ending cinematic? Besides she kills Mengsk with those now-very-stupid-looking wingclaws.

attackfighter

Magister
the devs have said that HoS will feature a sort of leveling system, where Kerrigan gains abilities similar to how you researched/upgraded stuff in WoL. I'd guess that she starts out plain looking like at the end of WoL but eventually regains her wings and stuff as she levels or w/e you want to call it. the plot will probably be her investigating her past and finding out about Mengsks alleged tampering with her, and then her and Jim teaming up to go kill Mengsk. This is what I gather from the trailer anyways.

made

Arcane
No, but they were good at directing memorable cinematics. I can watch the orc or Arthas movie from wc3 and still go "wow, cool". SC2 otoh was just plain boring.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Sceptic said:
In an ending cinematic?
Release is still far away. Voice acting is obviously not final (people say Chris Metzen voices both Raynor and Mengsk here), so why do models have to be?
Besides she kills Mengsk with those now-very-stupid-looking wingclaws.
This, on the other hand, is a valid point. Maybe she got used to fighting with them and got herself an artificial replacement. Anything other than that will require either retconning the hell out of the WoL ending, or dedicating the Zerg campaign entirely to undoing its results, which would be just dumb. Then again, it's Blizzard.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Quilty said:

Starcraft II Wiki has the following info on the upcoming expansion, that

the campaign, viewed as a sequel, is focused on Kerrigan and the development of a zerg empire. The campaign operates similarly to an RPG, in which Kerrigan is focused on increasing her personal power through mutations. Zerg armies protect her as she garners this power. The greater her power, the more zerg she's able to control. Like Wings of Liberty, the player will be presented with choices as to which missions to carry out...

So she turns into a rasta sista at the end of WoL, then mutates back into the Queen of Blade form once again with different mutations earned through missions that allow her to better tame the horde and 'make it free'. :lol: I wonder if you could customize her look in the end like the C&C 4's system of strategies confined to one particular class of spawn unit. To me, that is a bit too silly and predictable as it follows a general plotline arc as presented in the first installment, not to mention diminishing the whole rescuing Kerrigan from xenomorph deal with the artifact. But what would you expect, people would not be quite as versed in the lore after the year and a half period between the installments and not let the discrepancies and inconsistencies bother them much as long as they can mutate Kerrigan to have larger boobs or something.

The plotline is so inane, It would be apt if Earth sends in another UED contingent, led by none other than one Commander Shepard, the renegade version.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
made said:
No, but they were good at directing memorable cinematics. I can watch the orc or Arthas movie from wc3 and still go "wow, cool". SC2 otoh was just plain boring.

Pretty much all the Diablo 2 cinematics were awesome. And yeah, the end of the human campaign in WC3 was probably Blizzard's best work.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Pegultagol said:
Quilty said:

Starcraft II Wiki has the following info on the upcoming expansion, that

the campaign, viewed as a sequel, is focused on Kerrigan and the development of a zerg empire. The campaign operates similarly to an RPG, in which Kerrigan is focused on increasing her personal power through mutations. Zerg armies protect her as she garners this power. The greater her power, the more zerg she's able to control. Like Wings of Liberty, the player will be presented with choices as to which missions to carry out...

So she turns into a rasta sista at the end of WoL, then mutates back into the Queen of Blade form once again with different mutations earned through missions that allow her to better tame the horde and 'make it free'. :lol: I wonder if you could customize her look in the end like the C&C 4's system of strategies confined to one particular class of spawn unit. To me, that is a bit too silly and predictable as it follows a general plotline arc as presented in the first installment, not to mention diminishing the whole rescuing Kerrigan from xenomorph deal with the artifact. But what would you expect, people would not be quite as versed in the lore after the year and a half period between the installments and not let the discrepancies and inconsistencies bother them much as long as they can mutate Kerrigan to have larger boobs or something.

The plotline is so inane, It would be apt if Earth sends in another UED contingent, led by none other than one Commander Shepard, the renegade version.

Not played SC2 but a friend told me about there having to be a Kerrigan type deal to control the Zerg. Then on the Kotaku site someone saying there has to be a Lich King, then Tal Rasha.

Fucking Blizz just recycle shit now, not even copy it from other IP's like they began, they just copy from their own shit.

The writing isnt bad, the first time you encounter it, the recycling efforts, blah. I know, I know, there is supposed to only be, what 3 stories and everything else is an adaption of them or something,b ut fuck me, ONE company with three separate IP's rehashing the SAME FUCKING IDEA?! I guess Blizzard North must have been the creative arm of Blizzard.

Oh no Blizzard, you used to make such great non cheesy thought provoking stories, how could you decline so much?!

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Pika-Cthulhu said:
Fucking Blizz just recycle shit now, not even copy it from other IP's like they began, they just copy from their own shit.

The writing isnt bad, the first time you encounter it, the recycling efforts, blah. I know, I know, there is supposed to only be, what 3 stories and everything else is an adaption of them or something,b ut fuck me, ONE company with three separate IP's rehashing the SAME FUCKING IDEA?! I guess Blizzard North must have been the creative arm of Blizzard.

Blizzard have been recycling for long before SC2 came out. Warcraft 3 was actually just as bad back in the day, the amount of plot points stolen from Diablo and Starcraft were ridiculous.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Watches the video.

hehe... hahaha.., HEHE, Ghahahaha, BWEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehe... haha... he?

:realizes that from now on every fucking single game will strive to follow SC2 'standarts':

nooooo10.jpg

:rage: :x

So much fail concentrated in one CGI.

facepalm3.jpg

facepalm2.jpg

FacePalm.jpg

Facepalm-1.jpeg

facepalm11.jpg

Mrowak said:
:realizes that from now on every fucking single game will strive to follow SC2 'standarts':

Can you share specifics of what made you come to this realization?

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Multidirectional said:
Mrowak said:

Can you share specifics of what made you come to this realization?

Speaking for myself and my own (albeit flawed and deranged) understanding of the current gaming conventions. WoW is massive, 12 million Scrubscribers of ultra casual fucktards, most MMO releases have tried to emulate WoW and steal these ultra casual fucktards who kneel and fellate at the altar of Mainstream and Streamlined shallow shit river. Seeing as Blizzard makes so much fucking money from it, and Kotick is now moving into Item shop territory for more money, it can be safe to say that the Gaming industry sees Blizzard as the gold standard of how to make money.

Game companies, suits with no talent dictating to the actual talent on what target demographic needs to be catered to (ultra casual fucktard) and what gaming conventions can be sacrificed on the altar of streamlining and popamole, will see SC2 and its legion of ultra casual fucktard Blizzard fanbois (you know, the newfag shitwave that came in after WoW and redirected development into ultra casual fucktard streamlined mainstream shit river) will lap up the excrement of SC2 and make more money for Blizz. Other game companies will see such profit margins and think, 'ME TOO! I can make streamlined mainstream shit river type content that the ultra casual fucktards will buy by the bucketloads!' only to fail miserably because there are only so many ultra casual fucktards, and they prefer to suckle on the teet of blizzard and drink their warm shit river of mainstream from its source, Blizz, than another brand flavour of shit river.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Reject_666_6 said:
Blizzard have been recycling for long before SC2 came out. Warcraft 3 was actually just as bad back in the day, the amount of plot points stolen from Diablo and Starcraft were ridiculous.

Pretty much, except Warcraft III wasn't as decline as this. For one, the gameplay is actually good. No ripoff of SC with shitty new units. They tried something entirely different and it worked. Not as well as SC but it was still a great game. Plus, as mentioned before, the cinematics were very well directed, even if the story was absolute shit.

Pika-Cthulhu said:

Very hard post to quote properly. I'm pretty sure you said something about ultra casual fucktards though. I'm not an expert in RTS genre but I did play Starcraft and Broodwar after playing SC2 and being such a non-expert I didn't manage to come across anything severely dumbed down in SC2.
What I don't get is the drama over story in SC2 being shitty. Maybe I was hallucinating but every single game from Blizzard I played had a shitty one and I'm pretty sure their storytelling abilities aren't the reason for making so much money. Seems to me, either you enjoy Blizzard game for gameplay exclusively or you don't enjoy it at all. So if some stupid developers try to copy them and fail miserably, all the more fun for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom