Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Heads Will Roll -- AUTHENTIC MEDIEVAL DATING RPG

flushfire

Augur
- you can choose to stay with the barefoot girl you seduced, but her father thinks you're too low station, you join up with crusaders to earn a higher station but the expedition fails and you get a similar ending as above
I'm not sure what I did differently, but in the first case I never got text about returning home and delivering the news. It was unclear what happened, all the text was about having a life around killing for honor. In the choice to stay with Emma, the father was reluctant at first but due to being a "war hero (iirc) and all the favors you did for him" he eventually relented. I think the other two I got the same results.

Camel

Scholar
I'm not sure what I did differently, but in the first case I never got text about returning home and delivering the news. It was unclear what happened, all the text was about having a life around killing for honor. In the choice to stay with Emma, the father was reluctant at first but due to being a "war hero (iirc) and all the favors you did for him" he eventually relented. I think the other two I got the same results.
The dialogue choice was easy to miss in the old HWR too and the dev should’ve highlighted it much more obvious since it has huge repercussions. It’s a dialogue with the goddamn Prince and Earl after
the truce between England and France.

Last edited:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
6qPXn7b.jpg

2MPAdwf.jpg

Camel

Scholar
Goddamn, couldn’t live happily ever after with my
occult waifu Olivia
like in the original HWR. :baka:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
the autocrossbow is as ridiculous to use as it was to be on the receiving end of

ruffin not so ruff after 6 bolts to the dome
A2dUsTH.jpg

xxwXt9c.jpg

Last edited:

Camel

Scholar
the autocrossbow is as ridiculous to use as it was to be on the receiving end of it
Yeah, it's a legal cheat, you can defeat any boss with it. I think you can only get it with low piety.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Reached the Outremer, and holy shit does combat get tough there.
You take fatigue each turn due to heat, while your enemies don't, leading to you being constantly out of breath. Hard fucking core, man.
From what i played its best to just remove your armor completly and rely on your stats, sun doesnt drain you then.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I think you can only get it with low piety.
I don't think I was particularly low virtue when I unlocked it as a HWR option, I just killed the edgy bishes coming after the fair Rennes lady way back when - I just took all the options chasing that pussy
I've slept on it for a long long time, though, and I returned to it specifically to melt Ruffin lol

jungl

Augur
Its a solid game but it quickly outstays its welcome unlike legionaries life. There is not enough routes to play through how much the game expects you to replay it. The weapon balance is very bad also some abilities take up massive amount of stamina fatigue and are not worth using cause even with a really high chance to hit if you miss then you are fucked.

Last edited:

flushfire

Augur
Its a solid game but it quickly outstays its welcome unlike legionaries life. There is not enough routes to play through how much the game expects you to replay it. The weapon balance is very bad also some abilities take up massive amount of stamina fatigue and are not worth using cause even with a really high chance to hit if you miss then you are fucked.
Replaying multiple times is only for HWR difficulty isn't it? I played a couple games on hard and didn't feel like there's that severe lack of routes. Although IDK if HWR is how the game was meant to be played. The final chapters do feel rushed tho.

flushfire

Augur
So is getting drunk the most time-efficient way to rest before the bathhouse? And if so, anyone knows how many drinks it takes before becoming an alcoholic? It's a bit annoying later on to need to reequip a tankard to avoid the stat reductions.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Patch 1.07 — New Hardcore Achievements and Balance Changes
Patch 1.07 is live!

Fixes
1. Fixed a bug with weapon skill not properly levelling up in Survival mode.
2. Fixed a bug with negative number of squad members and with some of the squad members going missing.
3. Fixed a bug with weaponsmith in Hereford being inaccessible.
4. Fixed an exploit with Eva's shop having an infinite amount of wine.
5. Fixed a bug during 'Man of God' quest that sometimes did not count golden cross as a cross.
6. Fixed a bug with equipped weapon morphing into another (halberd into axe, spear into sword etc.).
7. Fixed a bug with Rennes' healing discount from character's high virtue not applying to the healing cost.
8. Fixed a bug with negative inventory size during manual character creation.
9. Fixed a healing bug that sometimes resulted in player receiving additional stats after healing instead of simply recovering the lost ones.
10. Fixed several situations where player's low activity in combat resulted in an inactivity penalty despite it making little logical sense (situations where nobody is watching the fight or enemy being too high level).
11. Fixed an issue with incorrect calculations of whether a character is stunned after a shield bash (high strength characters now will be significatly more resistant to shield bash stuns).
12. Fixed a rare issue of enemies' poison shield disappearing.
13. Fixed a bunch of other smaller bugs and issues.

Added and changed
1. Added increased gold rewards for kills in Survival mode.
2. Made Plackart accessbile way earlier in the game, added it to various spawns.
3. Increased the number of trinkets available to enemies. Tweaked spawn chances for some of the trinkets.
4. Reworked and buffed some of the bosses (Landsknecht Mercenary, Goliath, Plague Knight, Wallace).
5. Player's amount of money is now displayed in squad management menu.
6. Reworked Tarot Card: Death — now it will not only allow you to survive death but also recover half of your max HP and remove all active bleedings, poisonings, blinds and stuns.
7. Rebalanced the stats of some of the helmets and body armor, adding some more neck coverage.
8. Increased the stamina cost of attacks of flail and three-tailed flail. Decreased stamina cost for Knight's Last Hope's attacks.
9. Reworked the stats of the tower shield making it way more durable and heavy.
10. Added a new even in Outremer — after participating in several battles the player will partly acclimatize to the new weather conditions, lowering the heat fatigue gain by 25%.
11. Added two new achievements: Solo (for capturing Windsor in a single battle without retreating) and Heads Will Roll (for beating the game on HWR difficulty with a random character).
12. Various other minor balance tweaks.

The next patch will most likely be a smaller one and will primarily be dedicated to fixing the issues with localization and text translation.

A big thank you to everyone who helps me with finding and fixing bugs!
I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do a random HWR run

edit: lol, the achievement is a bit deceptive, dying in the first battle popped it lol - I don't think that's how it was intended

Last edited:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
first skill I max, yeah
you can buff it by up to 14 points with the relevant trinkets (10 in the first Cambrai chapters), so there's no pressure to and you can get a lot out of it with little investment, but I know I will be craftmaxing, so I get it out of the way early

thesecret1

Arcane
So is getting drunk the most time-efficient way to rest before the bathhouse? And if so, anyone knows how many drinks it takes before becoming an alcoholic? It's a bit annoying later on to need to reequip a tankard to avoid the stat reductions.
I'd say it's rivalled by flagellation, as while that requires more time, it boosts your virtue, carries possibility of raising a random stat with each use, and early game, if your relationship with the physician is high, it's free.

flushfire

Augur
I'd say it's rivalled by flagellation, as while that requires more time, it boosts your virtue, carries possibility of raising a random stat with each use, and early game, if your relationship with the physician is high, it's free.
I took a look at the game files and drinking restores twice the amount of fatigue mortification does. So 2 stats per drink instead of just 1. If I'm not wrong the chance for mortification to give a random stat is 5%? I don't think they're close. When I looked at my last save before ch3, I had 23 bottles consumed. So around 10 pts difference if I'd used mortification instead, even considering the random bonus. Pretty significant at that point I think.

BTW going to answer my own question in case someone's interested: past 4 bottles is when alcohol addiction kicks in, 5-6 bottles = rep loss, 7 or more = stat loss.
Is craftsmanship worth it?
Yes, although 6 without items is the most I'd train it to with a random character.

thesecret1

Arcane
I took a look at the game files and drinking restores twice the amount of fatigue mortification does. So 2 stats per drink instead of just 1. If I'm not wrong the chance for mortification to give a random stat is 5%? I don't think they're close. When I looked at my last save before ch3, I had 23 bottles consumed. So around 10 pts difference if I'd used mortification instead, even considering the random bonus. Pretty significant at that point I think.
Depends if you need the virtue and can spare the money for alcohol. There's also the chance that mortification lowers fatigue more than normal, and doesn't trigger that rarely

Lhynn

Arcane
BTW going to answer my own question in case someone's interested: past 4 bottles is when alcohol addiction kicks in, 5-6 bottles = rep loss, 7 or more = stat loss.
You can use the tankard to prevent those, right?

flushfire

Augur
You can use the tankard to prevent those, right?
Yes, but they keep happening later in the game when drinking becomes obsolete and you have better trinkets. It's just annoying having to remember to carry and reequip the tankard after chapters.

Üstad

Arcane
Holy fuck this game has an item that unlocks at level 350. I have around 3000 points, what would be ideal crossbow build, which items I should pick, do you guys go hybrid or pure crossbow? I already unlocked the disc thingy.

Okay so that Dumonts wife is appereantly a satanist, does something change when you see who she is but don't demand questions? I found outrememer boring btw, is there any other path avaible or all roads lead to there? Does the story of kidnapped girl from Heads Will Roll Downfall takes place in this game?

Modron

Arcane
Goddamn, couldn’t live happily ever after with my
occult waifu Olivia
like in the original HWR. :baka:
Maybe the new dlc will change that: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/687800/view/3945783342601829912
Happily Ever After DLC is out now + Patch 1.09
The first DLC and the biggest patch for HWR: Reforged are out!
Hello, everyone!
We are very happy to announce that the first DLC for Heads Will Roll: Reforged — Happily Ever After — is out and is available for purchase!

The DLC brings a lot of new content including marriages with all the girls, new endings, expanded epilogues, new story events, boss fights, Steam achievements and much, much more! Be sure to check it out!
Complete feature list of the DLC can be viewed on its Steam page.

68e47d29ec058fc77edb28a4c210ed9a94a47843.gif

Together with the DLC we are also releasing the much anticipated 1.09 patch that brings a ton of bugfixes, reworks and improvements to the game. It is by far the biggest patch the we have done.

I snipped the patch notes, while it's definitely a sizeable update to go along with the dlc it's not the Squad rework patch yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom