Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HATRED, aka Awor Surkrarz Simulator 2015

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
"Well, it may be bad, but not as bad as Depression Quest."

The comebacks are writing themselves.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Even in NA? I know the original European versions had them removed.
AFAIK only in Germany and UK, but culturally they're not Europe :smug:

Reading all these "gib sjw/muslim/baldie/cyclist npcs to kill" comments is the only thing that doesn't click with me - what's in your head if you want to roleplay killing a specific group? Maybe you're not a killer, but most likely you're a huge jerk. But Hatred has nothing to do with it - people will know how to do it anyway (lol notepad.exe).

Multi-headed Cow

Most likely going to be a mindless twin-stick shooter, but Steam has millions of those so singling this one out for being "shit" is very suspect. Give in. Let the McIntoshiness fill your body.
Don't get me wrong, 99% of the others are shit too. Good ones off the top of my head are Crimsonland and Nation Red.

Perkel

Arcane
Even in NA? I know the original European versions had them removed.
AFAIK only in Germany and UK, but culturally they're not Europe :smug:

Reading all these "gib sjw/muslim/baldie/cyclist npcs to kill" comments is the only thing that doesn't click with me - what's in your head if you want to roleplay killing a specific group? Maybe you're not a killer, but most likely you're a huge jerk. But Hatred has nothing to do with it - people will know how to do it anyway (lol notepad.exe).

I have no problem with this. If any history event thought us something is that video game nerds don't kill people they are to weak and to scared of real life to even consider talking with someone let alone buy a gun.

Can't wait for tears when hatred will be in top1 for a month or two.

Killing virtual representations of jerks makes me a jerk? Doesn't every game do that?

In any case, it's clearly :troll: done to get the sjws (even more) incensed. They almost got their way again, so fuck them. I don't want them near my games, but I'd take a look at a McIntosh skin mod. :M

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Funny how SJWs are quick to support the Free Market when it comes to withholding stock from the customer, but would decry it and demand government intervention if stores were to once again given the right to keep niggers out of shop, as part of their inherent right of private property.

The Free Market is also a self-correcting organism, a store that fails to keep stock loses out to one that does.
I notice a certain trend in recent membership...
Ah, Codexia, the land of the crazy free and the home of the prosperous brave.
Land of the alts and home of the drog

made

Arcane
I have a soft spot for everything isometric and this looks cool as hell.

Can't wait to roleplay Awor!

PS: obligatory black metal track link:

Last edited:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I was pretty sure that this was just an attempt to get sweet controversy $$$ from the start. It could be decent if it takes some of that Hotline Miami goodness and runs with it. Make a similar game, different artstyle, bigger levels and a new "enemy" type that runs from you, - points for the player if it escapes. Unfortunately, the current small amount of gameplay shown + the talk of "this is postal 1" is not encouraging.

They'll do alright due to this drama though.

Ebonsword

Arcane
19000.jpg

Holy crap, when did we get Operation: Darkness avatars?!

Hmm.. If that's true

Dude, really?
Really what?
*edit* Oh ok I've sobered up some more now. :lol: Guess I've actually entertained the possibility of this being true because I like the idea of it a lot better than someone making a straight up humorless mass murder sim.

This whole thing with steam should've made it even more popular than it was, unfortunately. I've only found out about this game because of it myself. Didn't open this thread before because it has "Awor Surkrarz" in title.

Last edited:

Heresiarch

Prophet
I've been wondering. Assuming that all the sex scenes are edited out, can Steam ever release Demonophobia?

pippin

This is good. Luckly they realized book burning gives more negative press than they initially realized.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I was pretty sure that this was just an attempt to get sweet controversy $$$ from the start.
Half of these guys are metalheads and there are nazis and l1eberals on the team. They probably hate society for not fulfilling their dreams of a l1eberal ultra-social darwinist dystopia. They probably cry every time Kurwin isn't elected and curse stupid sheeple.

It's a shame that video games don't cause violence because if they did that subhuman would end up as a headless corpse.

Heresiarch

Prophet
I've been wondering. Assuming that all the sex scenes are edited out, can Steam ever release Demonophobia?

After that comment I had to watch a Let's Play on YouTube.

Now I want my wasted lifetime back. :|

There are tons of even more sick shit in Japan. Playing Hatred seems like a walk in the Disneyland compared to a lot of the Japanese games. And a lot of these games are actually banned or never ever allowed to be released in Japan and anywhere else.

If Hatred can be sold on Steam, it will be interesting to see in future how further will people try to push in the sickness of games. People may start to ask for greenlighting Japanese guro games. Technically speaking, these games have nothing that western games don't have - torture, dismemberment, mass murder, blood & gore, etc. It's just that flaying anime girls alive just feel much more disturbing than seeing Isaac Clark being sliced in pieces. So for this logic, I don't see why these games can't follow the same path as Hatred - ask to be greenlit, got taken down because of the content, gamers cry out because "that's agaisnt freedum blah blah", game got back on Steam, etc.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Just waiting for the ultimate troll move by Valve

.. by removing it again
The ultimate troll would be to let the game in greenlight permanently :troll:
a permanent "coming soon" store page would be better than permanent greenlight, as far as trolling goes. or better yet a normal store page that causes payment problems when you try to complete the order, with support outsourced to a company staffed solely by people marginally able to communicate in any language you might possibly know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom