Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Harelips

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I was recently playing World of Warcraft and I couldn't help but notice that the human male face model is cleft-lipped, or as us politically incorrect people tend to say 'harelips', since that's exactly what they look like.

Man, what's up with the character model anyway. I certainly hope the modeller isn't a harelipped bastard. I'll have to take some screenshots just to show. As a result, nobody wants to make a human male character without proper facial hair. Funny, that.

Wonder if I offended anyone with this.

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
I'm more offended by the fact that the WoW modelers seem to think that human men must be hopped up on steroids in order to be proper warriors.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bad enough its a MMORPG, bad enough its yet another lame fantasy MMORPG, but the lame mangaish look they went for manages to destroy any trace of lingering interest in this game for me.

Spazmo

Erudite
exitium.jpg

LOVE ME. IT IS YOUR ONLY LOGICAL CHOICE.

(blatant theft from the awesome Kreegle)

NOTICE THE AWESOME LACK OF HARELIPS

plin

Liturgist
Exitium said:
LlamaGod said:
WoW looks like cartoony garbage anyways..

Don't talk. You still watch saturday morning cartoons.

And you still play MMORPGs. Cartoons beat that shite any day.

p.s. faggot

p.p.s Editing my posts is the cowards comeback.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I thought they did away with harelips altogether, didn't they? I mean I know they were sent to that colony in Hawaii, but I thought there was some sort of cure....

Maybe that was leperosy.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
HanoverF said:
Bad enough its a MMORPG, bad enough its yet another lame fantasy MMORPG, but the lame mangaish look they went for manages to destroy any trace of lingering interest in this game for me.

What?

Mangaish?

Since when the fuck was World of Warcraft mangaish?

Ausir

Arcane
Cartoonish, yes (like all Warcraft games), but not mangaish (maybe except the elves with really huuuge ears). And why do I have to remind a staff member to post in the damn MMORPG forum about this instead of General Discussion?

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Exitium said:
Those wallpapers were made for Korean PR, dumbass. And it's Manga, not Magna.

Oh no I mispelled it once, better correct me fast to win the argument!

Damn, E3 was in Korea this year? Shit I thought it was in LA. I linked to three wallpapers "dumbass", only one is labeled as being for a Korean magazine cover.

If the one that was korean wallpaper didn't reflect the overall graphic look of the game I wouldn't have linked it. Nice that you grab one pic that doesn't demonstrate what I'm talking about, heres more that do, and look, not just the elves ears...

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ScreenShot. ... =130&Set=0

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ScreenShot. ... =135&Set=0

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ScreenShot. ... =134&Set=0

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ScreenShot. ... =132&Set=0

4:1= i r the win

The dwarf in the last picture is looking at me funny and whats with the elf chicks big hands. Big hands are a massive turn off.......

suibhne

Erudite
StraitLacedDeviant said:
The dwarf in the last picture is looking at me funny and whats with the elf chicks big hanbs. Big hands are a massive turn off.......

But you know what they say about elf women's hands and the size of their, uh...er....

Greenskin13

Erudite
Combat, trolls, revenge, swords invasions escapes!

They all have pretty freakys arms. The dwarf looks like he replaced his left arm with a roasted chicken.

littleboy

Liturgist
mmmmm roast chicken

oh but wait souldn't we be getting all excited over "Fallout: POS MMORPG" that is bound to come out "very soon"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom