Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Hands on with Diablo 3

Melcar

Arcane
OgreOgre said:
leon1b.jpg

leon2f.jpg

That Diablo shirt is rad. I want one.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
THE GAEM HAS RAINBOWS BLIZZARD RUIN PROGAMING
I AM TOO MATURE TO LIKE RAINBOWS I WANT DIABLO 3 TO BE DARK AND GRITTY
GREY GREEN RED ONLY
AND NO SATURATION WTF IS THIS CARTOON SHIT

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Visuals apart, it's going to be the same thing as the previous Diablo games: endless item fever and clicking. The only shred of it having a bit more substance comes from Leo, but let's face it, his strong point is art.

Bah, let's derail the thread:

post_05_b.jpg

:(

Xi

Arcane
ghostdog said:
Visuals apart, it's going to be the same thing as the previous Diablo games: endless item fever and clicking.

You act like there was a different reason to play diablo. Honestly, it's just a well designed mass dungeon romp, item gathering, character developing game. That's the formula and I like it.

Micmu

Magister
ghostdog said:
Visuals apart, it's going to be the same thing as the previous Diablo games: endless item fever and clicking.
Not that the obvious wowablo 3 won't suck, but you do realize that Diablo and Diablo 2 are quite different games?

Shannow

Waster of Time
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/08/diablo-iii/

Wired.com: You’ll obviously have to edit content for regions like Germany and Australia, but what about China? Is that a more difficult case?

Wilson: Definitely for regions like Germany and Australia, we will have to change blood if we’re going to sell there. And that’s fine. Those are the standards for those regions, and we don’t really have a problem with catering to what they need and what they want. But China’s going to be hard for us. Because a lot of the restrictions there are really… we may not be able to do them. It may not be possible. With our relationship with NetEase, we recently got new information about what China really wants, and it’s a lengthy list. It’s really hard for us to cater to. We’ll try. There’s no reason we wouldn’t want to go there, but there is a certain point where we’d have to redo so much of the game that it’s not viable anymore.
*sigh*
The whole demonic theme of Diablo should be for older players anyway. Why not simply leave blood, gore and all that stuff in and make the game FSK 16. It's not as if there was any depiction of realistic violence anyway...
And I suspect it'll be FSK 16 and still get the politically correct treatmeent, anyway.
No LAN. No blood. No necro. No stats.
Instead WoWification, rainbows, unicorns, bunnies, DLC...
Meh. I'm not sure I'm on the fence anymore.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
*sigh*

Why not simply leave blood, gore and all that stuff in and make the game FSK 16. It's not as if there was any depiction of realistic violence anyway...
And I suspect it'll be FSK 16 and still get the politically correct treatmeent, anyway.

Redding is teh hard?

The article has nothing to do with political correctness. It has to do with business. You want to sell your product in our country, you have to play by our rules. Companies have been doing this for years. It's nothing new.

The article simply points out that if Blizzard wants to sell Diablo 3 in China, or Australia, they have to edit the game for those countires. If they don't want to, they don't have to sell the game in those countries.

Given the United States is one of the most violent countries in the world, I can understand why other countries don't want their people consuming the same types of media as the U.S.

Having no LAN does suck, but doesn't change the core game at all.
There will be plenty of blood, or at least the same as Diablo 2.
I enjoyed the Necro, but I'd rather have something new than regurgitated.
I spent hours planning my skills. I spent seconds picking my stats. Stats were pointless in Diablo 2.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
My senses are tingling
Diablo 3 will be shit.

Yeah, but given that the last best Action RPG was Diablo 2. It's likely that even if Diablo 3 is flawed, it will still be the 2nd best Action RPG on the market.

Why is there all this shit talking about Diablo 3? Does anyone talking shit on Diablo 3 actually like Diablo 2? Because Diablo 3 just seems like Diablo 2.5. They are simply trying to fix all the things that were broken in Diablo 2. It's not like they are trying to reinvent the franchise, like they did with WarCraft 3.

All I read in interviews is how they are trying to take the things that didn't work, were broken, or didn't make sense in Diablo 2 and fix them for Diablo 3?

What is this mysterious incarnation people keep trying to make Diablo out to be? It's a fucking simplified WoW. You kill shit, collect shit, power up, and do it over and over again. That's why you played Diablo 2. If you think it was anything more than that you are delusional. The graphics, artwork, and story, are all secondary.

Lurkar

Scholar
Shannow said:
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/08/diablo-iii/

Wired.com: You’ll obviously have to edit content for regions like Germany and Australia, but what about China? Is that a more difficult case?

Wilson: Definitely for regions like Germany and Australia, we will have to change blood if we’re going to sell there. And that’s fine. Those are the standards for those regions, and we don’t really have a problem with catering to what they need and what they want. But China’s going to be hard for us. Because a lot of the restrictions there are really… we may not be able to do them. It may not be possible. With our relationship with NetEase, we recently got new information about what China really wants, and it’s a lengthy list. It’s really hard for us to cater to. We’ll try. There’s no reason we wouldn’t want to go there, but there is a certain point where we’d have to redo so much of the game that it’s not viable anymore.
*sigh*
The whole demonic theme of Diablo should be for older players anyway. Why not simply leave blood, gore and all that stuff in and make the game FSK 16. It's not as if there was any depiction of realistic violence anyway...
Instead WoWification, rainbows, unicorns, bunnies, DLC...
Meh. I'm not sure I'm on the fence anymore.

It's not Blizzard's fault that Germany and Australia's gaming laws are made by retarded pussies.

Incidentally, it's also not <company>'s fault that America hates titties.

You don't blame the company for, oh god no, having to deal with the retardo censorship the country enforces, you go "Wow, this retardo censorship is complete fucking bullshit!"

Moray

Scholar
HanoverF said:
The D3 cow level should look like this

And restyle it the Unicorn level, having you slaughter oh-so cuddly looking armies of the creatures in an orgy of happy and fluffy blood and gore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom