Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hammer and Sickle Review: HAMMERTIME!

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Hmm. So any chances of making a mod or total conversion for it are fubar. Guess I'll have to try that with Silent Storm instead.

Thanks baby arm.

Jason

chasing a bee
I might be wrong because I just noticed this thread over at StrategyCore. Doesn't sound too easy, though. That Novik guy in the thread is the lead designer/programmer for H&S, FYI.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Hammer & Sickle is a mod of Silent Storm so you could probably edit it with the SS editor or something like that. I have no idea, I didn't even know SS had an editor.

Section8

Cipher
hammer.gif

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Thanks. It's going to be a while until I can get close to work with either game's editors but it's good to know the options are readily available when I have the time.

Fresh

Erudite
Is there a (very) low-spoiler walkthrough somewhere to remedy this ZOMG THE GOALS ARE CONFUSING AND UNCLEAR-issue?

BTW can you buy this game somewhere for a modest price? (swe)

laclongquan

Arcane
To clarify, there's two branch of playing, with one minor branching for failing both.

The minor branch is "World War III! The world is ending in nuclear!" kind of thing. You fail in some way and you get that. this branch got about 3 mission/battlefield then Game end.The sign of this branch is Ruins mission. After Ruins is Swamp, then Bridge. proper advance in game will let you meet jokingly Ruins mission, just to mess with your head, but very late in game.
YOu got WW3 when the tension between USSR and USA become too much (US soldiers killed with USSR weapons left behind, Prison was attacked by troops with USSR weapons, etc etc...). Or because you fail the goals of missions (which then lead to increased tension). Sometimes fail once hadnt doomed you yet. But twice? hah!

Long branch: Choose this branch at various points of the game. Keeping to the logic and your gut's sense will help you follow it. And win the mission, of course.

Alternative branch: Fail some particular missions, fortunately, not lead to WW but to this alternative. Shorter than long branch about 5 missions/battlefields, and somehow not as satisfactory as long branch. It ensure you will replay the game at least once!

There's a plot diagram on Net to describe various branching points in game.

As to walkthrough for both, well, I got two files from some guys. I wondering wherether I keep it like that to post on Gamefaqs (proper credit where it dues, of course) or should I add more of my comments on, since I am not entirely in agreement with their strategy.

EDIT: 2016. My 1st post~ Good going me. Not too embarrassing .

Last edited:

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'l llike to add that the game comes with Starforce, but the nocd crack works, even with the unofficial patch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom