Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hahaha, now I will NOT buy SC2 for SURE!

xrm1

Educated
fizzelopeguss said:
You lot not in the big 3 gaming markets somehow expect and demand your software on the cheap.

That's rich coming from someone who pays 30%-50% less for games than pretty much everyone else in the developed world.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Hey it's even more fucked up than in CIS (we have 6 months minimum). Guess Racofer's third world is more third world than my third world.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You should feel special. We're not even getting the chance to buy a rental license for the game here in America.

Not that I'm saying anyone would want the rental license anyway.

Nickless

Educated
Eh, not so bad. My bet is that here in Australia it will be selling at $110 starting price.

Edit: $90 seems to be the average. With the subscription scheme, do you at least have the option of purchasing the game at full price straight up?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Those who prefer to have unrestricted access to the single player campaign and the multiplayer features StarCraft II through Battle.net, they can buy and download an unlimited version of the game by Blizzard Entertainment for a similar price to U.S. $ 59.99 USD."

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FeelTheRads said:
So wait... you can buy the full time license (which is the price of a normal game) alone, or do you need to pay the initial price AND that license? Because I see no problem with the former.

Either way, you wouldn't have bought it anyway, faggot.

True, he's just retarded

Nickless

Educated
No problem then. It seems like a good deal for casuals who'll probably drop it before six months anyway.

v1rus

Arcane
You guys forgot that they will publish Heart Of The Swarm and Legacy Of The Void as separate games that you will have to pay for too, didnt you?

v1rus

Arcane
I expect Blizzard is gonna make you buy all of `em if u wish to play online or something. Even if they dont do that or u arent interested in online gameplay whats the point of having one third of the game?

All in all
SC > SC2

kris

Arcane
racofer said:
I was even considering getting this game as I've always enjoyed custom maps on both the original SC and WC3/TFT. I can pre-order the game in here for R$50,00, which is a really good price (most games go for R$90,00). However, there's a catch:

Do you really need to tell us three times per game that you won't buy it? You rage and use piratebay, we get it.

relootz

Scholar
Just only post when you have a funny image ready racofer.

Your other posts are horrible crap anyway.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Konjad said:
FeelTheRads said:
So wait... you can buy the full time license (which is the price of a normal game) alone, or do you need to pay the initial price AND that license? Because I see no problem with the former.

Either way, you wouldn't have bought it anyway, faggot.

True, he's just retarded

The full time license will not be available in here for at least august 14, and even then it will be fully translated (badly) to portuguese and region locked to latin america servers.

Divinity: Original Sin
ScottishMartialArts said:
I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free,
Where Starcraft costs what it should
Unlike in the Third World.

Is it free in US? Because that is what it should cost. Though that IS what it's cost when you don't get it from an inventory.

I wasn't planning on buying this piece of shit anyway.

Note: This subscription plan would not affect me.

Luzur

Good Sir
Day 2 torrent here. Will download it digitally from some torrent site (it will be DRM free and whatnot but who cares).

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
v1rus said:
You guys forgot that they will publish Heart Of The Swarm and Legacy Of The Void as separate games that you will have to pay for too, didnt you?

Which will be priced as expansion packs.

OMG Blizzard is selling expansion packs! Milk that cow!

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
xrm1 said:
fizzelopeguss said:
You lot not in the big 3 gaming markets somehow expect and demand your software on the cheap.

That's rich coming from someone who pays 30%-50% less for games than pretty much everyone else in the developed world.

Console games we pay the same as the yanks, usually a little more.

PC game prices are all over the show here, range from 17.99 at place like play based in jersey to avoid shitloads of tax up to £34.99 for SC2.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Do we know that for sure? Last time I checked the answer was a resounding "no". Everything Blizzard was saying indicated they were more akin to "stand-alone expansions" and there was nothing definitive about the pricing.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Sceptic said:
Do we know that for sure? Last time I checked the answer was a resounding "no". Everything Blizzard was saying indicated they were more akin to "stand-alone expansions" and there was nothing definitive about the pricing.

Rob Pardo(?) said that their current plans are to price them as expansion packs, in an interview with a fan site. I posted it in one of the starcraft 2 threads here, forget which one though.

edit: Here it is

Rob Pardo said:
8) Will they be priced as expansions?

They'll be priced appropriately to the content. Right now, the plans are to do something along the lines of a full single player campaign and some additional features to the multi-player side. It'll obviously use the same engine; so that, to me, is an expansion price point. If we decided to put in 3 new races and a bunch of new technology and features, maybe that would be a stand-alone product. But right now, we're looking at much more of an expansion-like feature set.

Source: http://www.starcraft-source.com/article ... ew/?id=261

Multi-headed Cow

He doesn't say their current plans, he says it's an expansion price to him.

v1rus

Arcane
They'll be priced appropriately to the content. Right now the plans are to do something along the lines of a full single player campaign and some additional features to the multi-player side.
I like the right now part.

I can already hear good ol` Blizzies...

"Oh yeah, we made both of them bigger. A lot. So you guys will have to pay just as much as u did with the first game. Whaat? We even added few new units!"

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Multi-headed Cow said:
He doesn't say their current plans, he says it's an expansion price to him.

If you want to split hairs fine. Sure, Blizzard is not legally bound to price them as expansion packs based on that comment. They've got room to wiggle out of it. But if you're willing to give them just one ounce of the benefit of the doubt, the clear theme of his answer is "these will be priced as expansion packs".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom